It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vault 7: Michael Hastings Assassinated by CIA Remote Car Hack?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If the CIA can hack cars, they can hack airliners too. Kill the communications and then send the airliner into the deepest ocean. Ring a bell?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The real question is do the paid hackers get a medal, like they earn for
working in a bunker
programming drone strikes,
based on kills.

Xtro?

# 704

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? Michael Hastings may not be the only one.
Paul Walker car crash

Who knows how many are really on the list. It's a theory, but given the wikileaks, it raises question as to whether or not this was done asa norm or also as blackmail to maintain control.

I can see how handlers would control their puppets this way. "do this or else.".

The other question we should be asking does this also apply to the average cars people use today? If so which models carry the technology that allows an outsider to take control? Or is this on certain models only?

I can see this being used to control citizens, and if they went out of their way to spy through T.V and other forms, I wonder what else they could do to the average citizen.

Cheers S&F

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have been beating the drum about this for some time. One of Hillary's few statutes that she had passed when a Senator were the required ABS/Traction Control and Tire Pressure monitoring systems statutes. Your car can be hacked several ways: Through Bluetooth in the Radio, through the key fob /locks receiver, through the XM/Serious Satellite Radio Receiver, through the Onstar System if you have it(GM), through a radio OBD service link receiver(GM),and through the Tire Pressure monitoring receivers in the wheel wells(Honda is going to a algorithm in the ABS sensors for theirs with no transmitters).
The tire pressure monitors put out a radio transmit ping every 32 rotations of the wheel, with a digitally encoded transmitter identity, and the requisite tire pressure (4 for each vehicle).
How do you think they located all those (many) stolen high-end German/Euro cars that turned up in Central Asia, where all the leadership of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan were found driving?
Trump needs to get that Clinton Statute repealed, not just for the "Hack" dangers, but the high price of repairs to all those systems when they fail.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is something that I believed from day one.

Just a few months before Hastings was killed, either PBS or 60 Minutes did a documentary showing a security flaws in some models of cars that enabled a team of university researchers to literally hijack a moving vehicle.

Considering this was something that grad students were doing on their own time to outline the flaws, I have no doubt whatsoever that state actors have and have had the ability for years to do it in a much more advanced way and to a much wider pool of different makes and models of car.

My apologies that I don't recall that particulars of the video I saw, this would have been years ago at this point. It was either PBS news, a 'Frontline' piece or a segment from 60 Minutes.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Does anyone remember this?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There are some modern cars that have no mechanical linkage to the brakes.
This is a plausible theory.
In the old days they just clipped the hydraulic hose if the wanted you to crash.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

The real question is do the paid hackers get a medal, like they earn for
working in a bunker
programming drone strikes,
based on kills.

Xtro?

# 704

I think the CIA hackers are probably non-government, WELL-PAID geniuses at what they do. The protection/maintenance of the CIA servers however, seems to be left up to in-house $75k govt employees.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
There are some modern cars that have no mechanical linkage to the brakes.
This is a plausible theory.
In the old days they just clipped the hydraulic hose if the wanted you to crash.

CIA murder/assassinations sure have come a long way, haven't they? I bet now they can follow the car from a spy satellite. When it gets close to a curve in the road at the River, or a cliff, vehicle accelerates, brakes go out... R.I.P..

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Don't romanticize it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Absolutely the CIA can hack into a car and control it remotely. HAVE they done it? I don't know with 100% certainty yet, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Surprised nobody posted this video yet, but here's a Jeep being hacked, and yes these guys are legit.

I drive two vehicles. An old hackproof Ford truck and a 2013 Chevy Volt where absolutely everything is electric. I know for a fact my brake pedal is in no way connected to the brakes. It's connected to a computer, just like everything else in that car.
edit on 9-3-2017 by skepticalguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Moron.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Cars have been hacked before so its not out of the realms of possibility . But . Why would you not just turn the ignition off , put the car into neutral if it starts going crazy on you .

Poeple have tried that and cant, nothing works, its been taken over.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Watch this by Kathleen Fisher Darpa Program manager High Assurance Systems

Lends at lot of weight to the view that Michael Hastings could have easily been killed by remote control.

www.youtube.com...

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Imagine how vulnerable we become if everyone has a self-driving car.
Thousands, if not millions of people could be killed in one attack.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I thought this was something about fallout at first glance, haha

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Pablo Escobar’s Son Confirms His Father Worked for the CIA to Fund Illegal Activities [Video]

anonhq.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Well that why i stick to my old cars 80s 90s early 200os
cars!

all the Government need to k now is the serial number of your car

and when a mass of people trying to get away .. from major Crisis, Martial Law
a Coup, etc..

and all they have to do is shut down the entire nation vehicles down.

I would like to know the Governments involvement with major car company's.

ohh Silly me I forgot ,
They Did take over, during the the Nations recession crisis (2008 2009) and came into control of
major car company's like GM ,Ford and Chrysler

Auto Industry Bailout (GM, Ford, Chrysler)
www.thebalance.com...

Effects of the 2008–10 automotive industry crisis on the United States
en.wikipedia.org...

The government just made a big move to control driverless cars
www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 42017ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago367 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

What it remind me of is this

from a movie called ' Capricorn One

showing the same thing

a Reporter / investigator

that was being Silenced by the Government ( CIA ? )
having his Car Tampered with of the Accelerator Petal stuck open
but he Survived and they failed to kill him.

all from researching why his Buddy that worked for NASA finding out things
when The 3 Astronauts didn't actually go too mars it was all faked!
all because of a flaw in the breathing aspirators..

Capricorn One (1978) - Faked Mars Landing Scene (4/11) | Movieclips

www.youtube.com...

After He survived he did his own investigating .. and saved one of the Astronauts

( here is the Clip )
Capricorn One (1978) - Runaway Car Scene (5/11) | Movieclips

www.youtube.com...

edit on 42017ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago367 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The government using it for nefarious purposes would explain why auto manufacturers / the government did virtually NOTHING after those two guys exposed the risk posed by a car that can be controlled remotely.

Pretty twisted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join