It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vault 7: Michael Hastings Assassinated by CIA Remote Car Hack?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: darkbake

Are you a nutter? The CIA would never ever kill anybody! Countless tree hugging do-gooder liberals have told me so.

When in your deluded mind did the CIA become a liberal defended organisation?
I need to see proof of that.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I remember seeing this episode last year on Vice. From my limited understanding of hacking vehicles, once the exploit is found, any number of components that are electronically controlled can be compromised. We should do our due diligence and investigate the vehicle Michael Hastings drove, check for any electronics that are connected to the internet, and check for any recalls from the manufacturer. Hacking is a big deal on the dark side of the net, but it can also be a very lucrative deal. Companies will pay top dollar for hackers to show them exactly how their systems can be penetrated. In the video, Miller tells Makuch that he has to physically wire into the vehicles hard drive because Chrysler had since fixed the problem. If anyone scouring the Vault 7 files can show that the CIA had specific tools to hack Hastings' specific vehicle, then this theory becomes very feasible.
edit on 9-3-2017 by bmullini because: video error

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Dont know if this has been posted but, posted
on youtube on Sept 16, 2016.

I'll stick with my 1960s, 70s cars.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You - OnStar....I am locked out of my car. Can you help me?
OnStar - Sure.
(Click)
This went on years ago. Touted as a service but a car can be 'stopped' very easily. It has actually been done during car chases with law enforcement.

It is really not hard to gain access especially now that they have Bluetooth and an active signal or the person has as cell phone in the vehicle. Connected to Bluetooth. Crazy to think about.

Cash for Clunkers.. Hastings was killed. As was Breitbart but in another way. Many others.What about the weird surroundings of Scalias death? Right now clean up is occurring on multiple levels because since those who are doing this thought the win was in the bag it would be ok. Deflection....RUSSIA!!!! RUSSIA!!!! RUSSIA!!!!

This story always really interested me because there was so much documented to it. Planes go down with government officials all the time. CEO's.

There were a few things my uncle told me about government projects. By the time we hear about it the tech is usually obsolete. If you can think it then it can be done and built or at least a try was made.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
wow that's scary. I don't like that. I just think I'm gonna leave all this alone like I was planning and never come back.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Cars have been hacked before so its not out of the realms of possibility . But . Why would you not just turn the ignition off , put the car into neutral if it starts going crazy on you .

I would assume because not being able to is part of the hack.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Looks like Hastings was "verblitzt" (Stasi slang, "flashed"). That east German service used bright flash/search lights to blind a driver and cause an accident this way.

Media report

Just imagine two flash lights (simulating a car or truck) like these flashing up out of nowhere and blinding you while you drive fast:

Flash light video

Everyone would be shocked and pull the steering wheel to some side.

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The more cars are fully electronically controlled and networked to the IoT, the higher the chances that intelligence services will use these technologies to kill people who are uncomfortable for the western NATO governments.... At least as long as NATO exists ...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Are there any other documented cases of people having a car crash shortly after believing their car has been tampered with? I'm new to this area of conspiracy but it greatly interests, but more so scares the living daylights out of me!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I believed it when it happened.
I believe it now.
The intelligence agencies are out of control and need to be rebuilt from scratch and the real criminals put behind bars so they can't reassemble like Terminator 2 from the scattered pieces.
edit on 1-11-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I believed it when it happened.
I believe it now.
The intelligence agencies are out of control and need to be rebuilt from scratch and the real criminals put behind bars so they can't reassemble like Terminator 2 from the scattered pieces.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
33yo reporter Michael Hastings was about to break biggest story of his career.. wonder what it was?

@ 3:33 he mentions Mike reached out to wikileaks(?) atty vicki robinson.. did i get the name right? never heard of it before wonder what she knows! RIP

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Isnt there a special profession in hollyweird for blowing up cars in movies? Because they dont explode that easily?

Did mercedes ever get a chance to look at the wreckage?

I remember them being stonewalled for the first few years.

Mercedes benz dont explode on impact as i recall.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Well since nobody asked, rumor mill had it that he was working on a story about human trafficking and organ black-marketing. The show stopper was that an NGO was involved with foreign connections.

I will restate that this was just rumor with no evidence to back any of this up. So take it as you will.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Mercedes braking systems pre 2000 have/had redundant braking system port on the calipers. boston brakes was a term I read regarding an ex sas mr fiennes book the feathermen. it describes one caliper tampered with using a bolt on device. at a designated area and speed a remote signal locks that particular front caliper and the result is either head on crash or 4 wheel gardening. after the incident operative removes said device after gaining access to the compound it has been taken to.
f

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join