It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hacker on ATS

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I noticed this as the last message on the thread regarding the purported Down Syndrome terrorist case. I found it quite odd, and maybe it's not my place, but it stuck out like a sore thumb esp being that there was no username,




you havnt seen the last of me
nothing is safe
change is coming

--CRAYONE1--
hxr4lf


Though it says Janus was the last poster, this was the actual last post.

Well, let's just hope it's some sort of joke..

Deep

PS. This is the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



[edit on 1-2-2005 by ZeroDeep]




posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
the person who posted on the thread must have been baned.

[edit on 1/2/2005 by Sauron]



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
But,

-----------banned member--------------

This is usualy what we see on the username, correct?

Deep

[edit on 1-2-2005 by ZeroDeep]



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sounds like its a threat of some kind. Very strange.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
as long as it isn't anything serious.............



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
But,

-----------banned member--------------

This is usualy what we see on the username, correct?

Deep

[edit on 1-2-2005 by ZeroDeep]


Yes I believe you are right
I'm pretty sure Crayone1 got the hammer









[edit on 1/2/2005 by Sauron]



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Quick, someone get Skeptic on the horn and get this threat analyzed. Hopefully it's nothing, but if not, it needs dealt with.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Crayone 1? Oh, so this was a member? I thought that was his hacker alias, or something.

Deep



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
we had some problems earlier but they are cleared up now.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Suaron,

What sort of secret society starts off in a 'public' forum 'detesting' secret societies?

I'm sure the Mods have taken care of this problem, but sometimes we, the users, need the placebo affect to kick in a notch at times.

Deep



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
we had some problems earlier but they are cleared up now.


Man, Amuk, you always seem to be in complete control and come into these threads half way through explaining how "All is well and Remain calm" I almost feel as though it is like "move along, nothing to see here" it makes me wonder just how much is going on behind the scenes there with you guys.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
He was banned with good reason.
He making all of his posts with 3 lines of text and 45 lines blank.

I wouldn't worry about anything.

Edit: I'm slow on the draw tonight.

[edit on 1/2/2005 by Umbrax]



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Suaron,

What sort of secret society starts off in a 'public' forum 'detesting' secret societies?

I'm sure the Mods have taken care of this problem, but sometimes we, the users, need the placebo affect to kick in a notch at times.

Deep


yea I deleted the link and U2d Amuk I think he/she was phishing,



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Amuk,

That's good to hear. We don't need ATS hacked again -- I remember the last time, and I was an avid poster back then too. Really pissed everyone off that someone could do something so stupid like that.

Deep



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I saw a thread earlier with the name CRAYONE1 as its originator but when I opened it, there was nothing there. In fact I even added a post about it being abducted, thinking that the original post had been deleted by a mod. I never even considered it to have been the work of a hacker.
Still, we live and learn.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Pisky: that sounds more like hes also on Global Ignore, that gives new threads shown by global ignored members, but when you visit them, there is nothing there.

Global ignore usualy happens right before global ban.

Anyways, trust me on this, someone that uses lines like "hxr4lf" is not a threat to ATS or anyone but himself.

If he does manage to do anything to ATS, then SO better look for another line of work because it would mean he's left the site open for script kiddie attacks.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So is this why the board went nuts with all those weird charactures I complained about on and before the 18th of Jan, where in a mark like a EURO dollar sign, a small TM an a with a ^ over it appeared in every word that had n't at the end of it like the words don't, can't, wouldn't and so on.

I got really heavy about the 18th at first it was in one or two threads then was all over the place in just a few days time.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Pisky: that sounds more like hes also on Global Ignore, that gives new threads shown by global ignored members, but when you visit them, there is nothing there.


I never even thought of that. Thanks



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
So is this why the board went nuts with all those weird charactures I complained about on and before the 18th of Jan, where in a mark like a EURO dollar sign, a small TM an a with a ^ over it appeared in every word that had n't at the end of it like the words don't, can't, wouldn't and so on.

I got really heavy about the 18th at first it was in one or two threads then was all over the place in just a few days time.


The wierd character stuff was just because of the server move.

SO most propably fumbled an encoding setting when exporting or importing the database from one server to the other.
Or it might just have been in incompatibility or missconfig between the application versions on the 2 different servers.



posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
My cat once hacked while I was on ATS, maybe that was it? How much hack could a cat hack hack, if a cat hack could hack hack? Sorry, it just sort of popped in there, had to put it down...



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join