It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Messing with Canada!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

But it's all fine and dandy in your state so it's all good?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My grandparents on my fathers side fled the rise of Fascism in their home country back in the late 20's. They came to Canada as refugees of sorts, only difference is when they landed by boat in Montreal it was "on the train out west you go' policy. They were given a hand-out of sorts I guess. A plot of prairie land cheap - to cultivate and feed themselves. They lived in a sod hut for a few years till they had the money to buy lumber and build a small one room house for themselves and half dozen kids. There was alot of anti-German sentiment back then as a result of the Great War and this made things not so pleasant in many ways. Yet they persevered and farmed till the "dirty thirties" out west and moved to the great-lakes region and farmed there the rest of his life.
He vary rarely mentioned his time in the Great War and why they came here in the first place, but I do wonder sometimes in an alternate universe kinda way what my life would be like if they had stayed in the old country. Ironically my father fought against his country of birth in WW2. I can only hope that we attract the same breed of immigrants this century who will embrace the opportunity, if presented and become an asset to their new home.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: luckskywatcher

Just substitute "Obama" for "Trump" and you'll sound like a Republican. Yawn.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No one care what leafs whine about.
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0

Indirectly, immigration and bans. I wonder do people in America still believe Mexicans are crossing the border en masse? There are a lot of central and south Americans coming over your border, however I do believe the rate of Mexican immigration is in the negative, and has been for a couple of years.

Well seems Trump has scared enough people and made things #ty enough that people are illegally pouring over the Canadian border. And now we have to deal with your immigrants and refugees. We have our own immigrants and refugees that we put through a system. Our country has a small population, we can't handle the volume and we're also not used to fiercely guarding our southern border. These people are asylum seekers and we can't necessarily turn them away. My point is Trump just indirectly caused a huge border problem for us that we did not see coming.

Your clueless. So since we have a President now who will UPHOLD the immigration laws already in place rather than disregard them like Obama it's Trump's fault? Trump didn't make them come to the U.S. and he isn't forcing them into the great white north either.

These are decisions made by the individuals who shouldn't be here in the first place much less in Canada. I do like the idea of the Canadians getting a feel for what it's been like for us for decades.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Central Americans and Mexicans for the most part, come here and work extremely hard. It's true. So look on the bright side - they will blow the snow off your property, put a new roof on your house, clean your car, and make your dinner if you want. All within your price range.

That's true. I live on a rural acreage in northern Alberta, next to a honey producer. Every year, for 4 to 6 months, weather depending, the honey producer hires as foreign temporary workers, about half a dozen Mexicans, and houses them directly across the road from me. The only way you even know that they're there, is when you see them driving around to the multiple farms where the bees are located.
They're very polite and so quiet.

The honey house does hire local first, but that just doesn't fill the need for this growing business.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

"She needs to fix whatever glitch is going on with her passport."
The glitch was fixed the day it happened

"The article in the OP SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS that there is a "glitch" that has been present since December."
The article does not say anywhere that the glitch is ongoing since December(you made that part up), the only reason it was present now is because the border agent asked about it.

"the border agent either didn't like her answer or erred on the side of caution"
Why would the border agent err on the side of caution for something that was fixed and not let someone into the country who has no criminal record and does not need a Visa because she is a Canadian citizen with a passport, even the US embassy she went to said it was odd that someone would even say she needed a Visa...

So I'm a bigot for this?
"Speaking of "racist", what happened Manpreet is repulsive, that border agent is an absolute imbecile."

The border agent is incompetent and an imbecile, and hey guess what we don't know it wasn't about race, I'm aloud to speculate based from what little evidence I have.

Good chat, love you babe

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Is English your first language? I'm asking honestly because you are butchering English and if you prefer French we can speak in your native tongue quite fluently...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So let me get this straight ... you are pissed by the illegal immigration ... but Americans should not be? Or is it only wrong when it effects you?

Sounds like you should blame the past presidents who allowed it to get this bad.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Trump ran on renegotiating NAFTA. It's time for the US to pull inward and stop bending over backward for everyone else's benefit. I read years ago that the Rothschilds determined to stop the US from reigning supreme as a superpower and to keep any country from remaining so for any length of time. It's all about keeping the Rothschilds in power since the Napoleonic wars.
edit on 10-3-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Nah, he is one of the best Presidents since.. Kennedy. He's already fixed the Toxic water problem in Michigan. Something Obama refused to acknowlege.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join