It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Messing with Canada!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

"OP SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS that there is a "glitch" that has been present since December."

How odd, The word "since" isn't specifically mentioned anywhere.
Why are you yelling? umadbro?

"The only issue she had was a computer glitch that prevented her from crossing into New York State for 24 hours in December." Looks like the "glitch" only prevented her from crossing for 24 hours...interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

And she was specifically asked about it...why are you ignoring that part? It sounds like the border agent either didn't like her answer or erred on the side of caution. it doesn't appear to have had anything to do with race or religion. Are you claiming the border agent was racist?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

We don't as a country have problems because we let in illegals trying to get out of the USA. Taking in those illegals crossing the border is something that Canada will do without question. It's who we are as Canadians, that's what makes this country GREAT! ..You can say what you want, but I'm pretty sure there are very few Canadians that would turn these folks away.

What happens after they cross and are given help who knows. I'm sure not all of them will be allowed to stay, but at least they have a safe haven from the USA and the fear they must live in day to day due to trump. I'd hate to be in their shoes.

Canada and the US are countries made up from Immigrants. It's so easy to forget.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk... ecutive-a7550691.html%3Famp" target="_blank" class="postlink">www.independent.co.uk... -entry-muslim-executive-a7550691.html%3Fampa reply to: raymundoko
"Green card and visa holders were being blocked from boarding US-bound flights within hours of Donald Trump issuing an executive order limiting immigration from several Muslim countries"
Link:
www.independent.co.uk... 0691.html%3Famp

Ugh, it was short and Trump eventually fixed the green card and visa problem. But it did happen and it scared people. I've been responding to you off my phone, also English is my second language. Yoi don't have to be such a grammar d*ck. I get my point across.

A Sudanese women with an American VISA had it revoked for a little while after the ban because of confusion. I'm too lazy to find the article about her, a month has passed since then. But it did happen, just because you don't read doesn't mean it isn't true. Closing your eyes and blocking your ears while screaming "nah nah nah this never happened" isn't a productive way to debate
edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Link

edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Link

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jerseymilker

What fear exactly is caused by Trump? Please elaborate and source.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
your illegal immigrants and refugees didn't go through our system. We're not used to receiving immigrants or refugees on foot. We're not equipped for this sh*t is what I'm saying.

Ummm...those are YOUR refugees and illegal immigrants now...not our problem...

I thought Canukia emulated Europastan...where vast hordes of illegals are continually crossing borders by foot...

Suck it up dude...you dogooders have been telling us that for quite some time now...

P.S...Name one country that was prepared for this flesh wave...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

No, that was confusion. The order was never changed to fix anything, the agents just did a better job of enforcing it. No Green Card Holders and Refugees had their status changed. I am sorry you don't understand. If you prefer french we can have a discussion in your native language as I am fluent.

Edit: Your link was broken. Here it is Fixed.

First let's start with this:

Muslim immigration ban

The high courts have already ruled it was NOT a muslim ban, it is clear as day in the Judges findings.

Then let's read a bit further in your article:

Abed A. Ayoub @aayoub
Visas being denied immediately. Chaos at airports and in the air. #MuslimBan will apply to green card holders attempting to return tonight.

The ADC warned against green card holders from the listed countries from travelling outside the US until the ban is lifted.

So the Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee, in no way associated with the US government, is the one who spread false information about it applying to green card holders. The order in no way shape or form was worded to include existing refugees or legal immigrants/green card holders.

Farther down it clearly states that new refugees will not be allowed:

Mr Trump suspended refugee admissions to the country for 120 day

Nowhere does it say ANYTHING about changing the status of existing refugees.

So your article does not support your view in the slightest. I am sorry you were duped? Inform yourself.
edit on 7-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
God Damn that was my whole point! There was confusion with the first order and people had their visas and green card revoked for a brief time. Then they fixed it and everyone got their cards back. But it's all about optics, people saw this happening and became afraid.

You just said, that was confusion. So it did happen, but because it was confusion it doesn't count. I'm so lost, what are we arguing about again lol

link   
God Damn that was my whole point! There was confusion with the first order and people had their visas and green card revoked for a brief time. Then they fixed it and everyone got their cards back. But it's all about optics, people saw this happening and became afraid.

You just said, that was confusion. So it did happen, but because it was confusion it doesn't count. I'm so lost, what are we arguing about again lol

link   

edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Because this website glitches on portable devices

link   

edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Double quadruple post because this website sucks on portable devices

link   

edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Double quadruple post because website laggy

link   

edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Double quadruple post because your website is laggy on portables

link   

edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Double post, because you website is laggy on portable devices

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

NO GREEN CARDS WERE REVOKED. What is wrong with you. Can you even read? No existing immigrants in the country were in trouble of losing their status. No green cards were revoked. No existing refugees in the country were in trouble of losing their status. The order was pertaining to new visas being issued to people from 7 countries.

The confusion only came from people traveling FROM those seven countries and how to deal with them. The confusion lasted for roughly a day. You have people crossing your border now. Don't be dense.

Edit: Quit angrily spamming the submit button.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
amp.businessinsider.com...

I don't understand. Do you not have google. There are cases in court right now about this sh*t lol.

And I quote: "Their legal immigrant status was subsequently "revoked without due process of law.""

My stupid phone posted it like 6 times lol
edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Fun

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Again, you can't read. Are you just googling stuff and linking articles without reading?

The forms, if signed, mean the signatory has "voluntarily" abandoned their status as a "lawful permanent resident of the United States," according to US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

And later:

several visa-holders were charged with violating immigration law even though they had not been informed before boarding their flights that their visas were no longer valid.

The lawsuit is that they are now claiming they were coerced into doing it by border agents...

You are also confusing TRAVEL VISAS with IMMIGRATION VISAS. They are NOT the same thing. About 60k travel visas and immigration visa requests have been denied according to the state department.

Your article even shows there was NO confusion by the DHS about greencard holders:

DHS interpreted it to mean that green-card holders from the designated countries would still be allowed to enter the US, CNN reported.

So if these people were coerced into signing the i-407 form that is a completely different issue and not a result of any EO being signed. Stop being soooooo ignorant.

Even the CNN article your article sources disagrees with you:

As of Saturday afternoon, Customs and Border Protection continued to issue the same guidance to airlines as it did Friday, telling airlines that fly to the US that green card holders can board planes to the US but they may get extra scrutiny on arrival, according to an airline official.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

We don't as a country have problems because we let in illegals trying to get out of the USA. Taking in those illegals crossing the border is something that Canada will do without question. It's who we are as Canadians, that's what makes this country GREAT! ..You can say what you want, but I'm pretty sure there are very few Canadians that would turn these folks away.

Thats pretty smug actually. We have problems in Canada. I need to know what we are talking about by "illegals" here. I am all for immigration from anywhere if done through the proper channels, with the proper vetting. I am not entirely against refugees from war torn countries as it is our duty as a first world country to help those less fortunate. Again, with proper vetting so that we don't bring problems here in the name of compassion.

These "illegals" from the USA are currently in the USA. The USA Is not a war torn country. I see no reason to count them as refugees fleeing the likes of Syria. Just because they don't like the current political climate doesn't grant them automatic access to Canada.

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
What happens after they cross and are given help who knows. I'm sure not all of them will be allowed to stay, but at least they have a safe haven from the USA and the fear they must live in day to day due to trump. I'd hate to be in their shoes.

Canada and the US are countries made up from Immigrants. It's so easy to forget.

What happens after they cross? I don't know what should happen. I just know that Donald Trump is not a valid reason to flee a country to enter another illegally. Its ridiculous and a mockery to those who are fleeing actual life and death situations.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"Senior officials at the Department of Homeland Security initially interpreted Trump's order to not apply to green card holders from the seven banned countries. Trump White House overruled that reading, however, meaning those green card holders were initially barred.

But a federal judge in New York temporarily blocked part of Trump's order late on Saturday night, ruling that citizens of the seven countries who hold valid visas and have already arrived in the United States cannot be removed from the United States."
Link: amp.cnn.com...
Again I don't know what we're arguing about anymore. Fine they revoked visas, not green cards. My whole point was the optics of it all. People saw this and got scared. And you act like this sh*t didn't happen and it didn't touch on a lot of people's fears and apprehension towards their immigration or refugee status.
edit on 7-3-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And you were ignorant. You didn't know what happened and you have projected. They revoked new visas. The people illegally crossing your border were never in ANY danger of losing their status. They have decided it's cheaper to live in Canada than the USA.

You came here crying, I corrected you. The only people you should be blaming are those illegally crossing your border. They had no reason to do it other than they think it will be easier in Canada.

Edit: Also, you included a lie in your OP about a girl being denied entry based off race/religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join