It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Messing with Canada!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy
We don't elect a president. We have a parliamentary system of governance. Dumb a*s

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
a reply to: MisterSpock
I've enjoyed our discussion, you seem very opinionated. Although in canada we have, or at least try, to have a balanced approach to governing. There is always a bit of conservatism in a liberal government and vice versa. You should try to look at things more objectively, or least argue with less hyperbole like "virtue signaling". Whatever that is lol.

We had a conservative government for like 10 years, our immigration policies haven't changed. Refugees have become a bigger issue since our change in government though.

Anyway, I'll just leave you with a fascinating fact. Doesn't have anything to do with my OP though. There has been a record number of Americans renouncing their U.S. citizenship in 2016, especially in the 4th quarter. It's beating a record from last year,then the year before that and the year before that. The US is one of few countries in the world that requires citizens to pay taxes on their income no matter where in the world they reside or what company employs them. This results in double taxation for US citizens living abroad.

Maybe Trump will fix this, but I doubt it.

Actually, I'm a non party affiliate, non registered voter who is a centrist. I harbor both left and right views, it varies from topic to topic. It's the very basis of being a free thinking individual. That said, I don't see my lack of objectivity, I'm just pointing at a different source for your problem than you. In this case, the one I'm pointing at, is the one that has ACTUAL control over dictating the outcome of the situation.

Either way, nice chat. If you have a chance can you post a link regarding the renounced citizenship increase. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Canada messes with itself. Migrants are running to Canada because Canada is soft on those sorts of things.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here you go, link below:
www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

They cross the desert in 120 degree heat with no water to get into the USA. You sound so racist.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Neither are we you dolt. Canada has always been on a high horse about how we handle illegal immigration and now you suddenly care because they are coming to you? You sound so racist.
edit on 7-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
I don't think you understand what racism means...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Here you go, link below:
www.ibtimes.com...

I would do the same If I was no longer living in the united states and didn't want to pay taxes. I'm guessing these are older people nearing retirement or others with no intentions of holding residence in the US again. Probably at the suggestion of their financial advisor.

Don't know why you brought it up though, as you stated it has nothing to do with the OP. Just seems like stating it, even though you qualified it as unrelated, still makes it seem like it's posted in some relevant way.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I don't think you are bright enough to get the point.

Canadians on this very site call Americans racist regularly on topics of illegal immigration. If you are against illegal immigration, then you must be racist.

Surely you must understand we don't care about your rant...we have been dealing with illegal immigration for decades. You've had to deal with it for a couple months and come here crying like a little child.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Speaking of not being bright enough...lol
I didn't call anybody racist.
Illegal immigration isn't something that the US has been dealing with for decades and canada for months. That's just stupid on both fronts, read a history book.
I say illegal immigrant because that's what they are when they cross the Canadian border without going through proper channels. But most are legal refugees and legal immigrants in the US fleeing for fear of their status being changed. Although Trump has since fixed his green card issue, people are still scared of losing their status nonetheless.

Canada is a small population country we're not equipped to handle the volume. I'm just reporting sh*t here and ranting about border security, because no one likes them lol.

Umadbro?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Imadbro? I am not the one who came here crying. Again, your illegal immigration problem is not our problem. Handle it yourself. Here I thought Canada was supposed to be full of smrt peeple. Maybe you should build a wall? Or deport them?

You sound so racist.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Speaking of "racist", what happened Manpreet is repulsive, that border agent is an absolute imbecile.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

We don't know how true that is to be honest. But we do no that it wasn't about race. Did you even read it?

The only issue she had was a computer glitch that prevented her from crossing into New York State for 24 hours in December.

Kooner didn’t think much of that snafu until Sunday when she was stopped at Highgate Springs as she was travelling with two white girlfriends.

Her friends were not questioned but she was asked about the December incident.

“At the end of it, they told me I was not allowed going in and that I would need a visa if I ever went in the States again,” Kooner said.

She needs to fix whatever glitch is going on with her passport.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well all those illegal immigrants were legal immigrants and legal refugees in America until they came here. Because of an executive order made by the President. I never said this sh*t wasn't our problem, we take care of our sh*t. But it is most definitely the Execituve branch of the US's fault. Also I've given you the same answer in 3 different ways, these are facts. Cause and effect. You can't deny them.

And holy sh*t, stop using racist so cavalierly. Immigrants aren't a race dumb a*s.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

How is it our fault? You are highly confused which may be normal for you. No executive order was ever signed which would change the status of any refugee or legal immigrant. If you think so, then please show me the wording which would indicate such...You already included a lie in your OP. The girl was not stopped at the border because of her race. She was stopped because her passport was flagged. Obviously it was flagged otherwise the Border agent would not have known about the December incident.

You sound so racist. I can't believe you hate immigrants. Also, a VISA isn't only about being an immigrant. A travel visa is perfectly normal. That sounds like what is being requested of the girl in your OP. If she doesn't want to do that, she needs to find out what is wrong with her passport.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I wonder if Fadwa Alaoui also had "glitch" at Highgate Springs.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

I don't know, it wasn't SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED. The article in the OP SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS that there is a "glitch" that has been present since December.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
God you suck at reading your own American news. A ton of people had their status changed or lost their green card because of President Trump's first Ban order. Their was confusion in the federal agencies about the executive order. After court battles, they gave everyone who had immigrant and refugee status before the order their statuses back. But it was too late, the order scared a bunch of people.

Her passport wasn't flagged, it took her longer to cross the US border in December because of a computer glitch(she did enter the US). That is what the border agent stopped her for if he had a reason. If her passport were flagged she would be on some sort of list, which she isn't. They do however have records of people crossing the border which is what your referring to.

Americans don't need travel VISAs to visit our country, why the fck do we need them.
I don't know how sheltered your life must be for you to consider this racist, but I suggest you don't watch any stand up comedians, might ruffle your feathers when they joke about race.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a reply to: luckskywatcher
So Trump didn't sign an immigration order which led to a pouring of illegal immigrants over the Canadian border? Then who did. If you feel like you need to defend Trump every time he's mentioned, whether it's negative or positive, go ahead. But use words and facts to defend yourself. Not fcking BS about laundry machines.

Blame the people who let illegal immigrants flood the country adjoining yours. If the USA had kept proper control of her borders then there would be no significant transient population ready to up sticks and shift to the next country who will pay for them to live. Given your leaders words, I will assume they will welcome them with open arms, or are you guys starting to see Trump's point?
edit on 7/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

NOBODY HAD THEIR STATUS CHANGED. I am sorry you don't understand what happened. Perhaps you should inform yourself out of your ignorance. Please, source where someone had their immigration/refugee status changed by an executive order. You are so ignorant about this situation it isn't even funny. Nothing went to courts about immigration or refugee status. It was about NEW VISAS for people coming from 7 countries and were NOT YET in the USA. People who were already here were not even remotely affected. I can't believe I am having to explain this to you. Why would you start a thread without knowing everything about a situation? You reflect poorly on your country. I mean, you can't even spell, punctuate, paragraph or use your/you're properly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join