It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions not alone: Russian ambassador also met with numerous Democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm not disagreeing with you. Get that through your head first...

I'm pointing out that if the shoe was on the other foot, that people would be calling this a deflection.

I'm not being triggered, of course senators from BOTH sides would meet foreign ambassadors.

It kinda goes without saying doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I can tell you this much, the Democrats are playing with Sessions the same way they did with Flynn, to get him to resign, the thing is that this time is not going to happen.

Sessions is going no where and he will not resign.

This all part of the war against anything Trump does in the white house.

edit on 4-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sat Mar 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Good opening statement. Actually, the thread got hijacked after I read some of it. So the good thread turned chaotic.
edit on 4-3-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I can tell you this much, the Democrats are playing with Sessions the same way they did with Flynn, to get him to resign, the thing is that this time is not going to happen.

Sessions is going nowhere and he will not resign.

This all part of the war against anything Trump does in the white house.

Flynn and Sessions are completely different things. Sessions, as a US Senator had cause to engage with
ambassadors. Flynn however was a private citizen and his little chats with foreign entities was a violation of the Logan Act which is a Felony. If Sessions is innocent, then impeach him. Let all the facts come out in a trial so he may be judged appropriately. If he is innocent then he stays in the Justice Department. If he's guilty, then oh well for him.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The FBI cleared Flynn of run doing and found nothing wrong with what he did, he got to step down because he lie to the vice president.

No because he had anything in the works with the Russians.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
BTW, in the "White House log" Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak appears to have visited the White House 22 times, and the last time was in September 2016. September 2016 is one of the times when Senator Sessions talked with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

The visitor logs, which Obama made public in 2009 in a push for transparency, show that the long-time Russian ambassador to the United States visited the White House at least 22 times between 2009 and 2016.

Kislyak appeared in the logs as recently as September 2016 when he had a meeting scheduled with one of Obamas senior advisers, John Holdren, in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. The other visitors listed at the meeting are Marina W. Gross, Alexander Ermolaev, Alexey Lopatin, Vyacheslav Balakirev and Sergey Sarazhinskiy. Though the appointment was scheduled to begin at 12:00 pm, it does not include an end time.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Impeach Sessions over what?
Does no one even see the line of thinking the left is taking?
"Trump is a stooge/puppet/ally of the Russians. Anyone helping him must be the same" So they go and find anybody who has some "connection" to the Russians that is sided with Trump and claim they are unlawfully aligned with the Russians?? They are one step away from full out saying the GOP is the party of Russians if they are going to accuse Sessions, a well-respected GOP Senator, of being biased in favor of Russia.
edit on 4-3-2017 by GAB4754 because: clarified my thoughts a little.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Leah Barkoukis
|
Posted: Mar 03, 2017 2:30 PM
“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he said responding to Sen. Al Franken’s question, adding, “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Sessions had met with more than two dozen ambassadors in 2016—there wasnt anything out of the ordinary about his conversation with Kislyak, which was about relations between the two countries, not the election, his spokeswoman confirmed.

So where’s the Democrats’ outrage over Kislyak going to the White House so frequently?

townhall.com...

edit on 4-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is all on trump

if he was a leader with any strategic thinking abilities and nothing to hide he would have released his tax returns and then named a special prosecutor to investigate the russia issue

as long as the putin cloud hangs over the white house people will be forced to fall on their swords for him

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Trump has nothing to do with the fact that Russian ambassador Kislyak visited the White House 22 times, including on September 2016 and talked to Senators, and officials of Obama... Sessions was a Senator under Obama's administration. This is nothing but a smokes and mirror campaign by the losing side which refuses to admit defeat.

Sessions, like many other U.S. Senators met with the Russian ambassador. That doesn't make them "puppets of the Russians"...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I dont care if he met with Russians. Im in favor of better relations with their country. I do care that he lied about it to Congress though and he should resign or be removed.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I dont care if he met with Russians. Im in favor of better relations with their country. I do care that he lied about it to Congress though and he should resign or be removed.

Here is the thing. The question in specific was:

if there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign,

Sessions was a Senator and a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. He spoke twice with the Russian ambassador. One in July 2016, and the last one in September 2016. That same ambassador visited the White House in September 2016 and spoke with Obama's officials.

According to Sessions' own statements he wasn't discussing anything related with Trump's candidacy, but they were talking about Russian and American concerns just like the Obama administration was discussing with the Russian ambassador in September 2016.

When contacted by Fox News late Wednesday, Sessions said, "I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign. I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false."

A White House statement said the story was "the latest attack against the Trump Administration by partisan Democrats."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What's more.

The Justice Department said Wednesday that "there was absolutely nothing misleading about [Sessions'] answer [to Franken]. He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee."

Sessions had meetings last year with more than 25 foreign ambassadors, the Department said.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And sessions informed Congress that he answered at his confirmation hearing in context of campaign-related discussions.

Okay, but the problem with that, is that it's not true either! Sessions used campaign funds to pay for his trip to the Republican National Convention. According to people that were there, Session was stumping for Donald Trump and his foreign policy during his Key Note Speech to the Heritage Foundation group of Ambassadors, and then was approached privately, back stage by the Russian Ambassador tp discuss, what we do not know!

Was Jeff Sessions conducting himself as a United States Senator at the RNC? Not so much. The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that Sessions paid for the trip to Cleveland for the convention out of his own political funds, not his official congressional funding, and discussed the Trump campaign, obviously, during his remarks at the Heritage Foundation event where he met with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak.

One person at the Heritage event in Cleveland said Mr. Sessions left the impression he was there because of his role in the Trump campaign,” the Journal reports. “This person said Mr. Sessions’ remarks in part were focused on Mr. Trump’s trade policy, saying the then-candidate would do away with multilateral trade deals.” At the time, Sessions was the chairman of Trump’s National Security Advisory Committee.

www.slate.com...

We also know that this meeting took place at the height of the "Russian's interfered with election" scandal! Now, Sessions says he doesn't remember what he and the ambassador talked about, but if he didn't chastise him for his country's meddling in American politics, his willingness to take a private meeting with the ambassador, while serving as a Trump surrogate, and his silence on the Russian DNC hacks, equals encouragement.

Sessions is compromised and is unable to effectively do his job. He needs to resign from his post altogether!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Did you even read what Noble said?

From that same link you gave.

Larry Noble, general counsel at the Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan advocacy group, said Mr. Sessions likely used his campaign account, rather than official Senate funds, because as a senior adviser to the Trump campaign it would have been difficult to argue that he wasn’t attending the convention for any political purpose. “If he was truly there solely as a member of the Armed Services Committee, then he couldve used his legislative account,” Mr. Noble said.

www.slate.com...

in other words Noble "apparently" is "assuming" that Sessions could have used his campaign account... Since when is an "assumption" evidence?
Not to mention that Noble is also saying that Sessions could have indeed used his legislative account.

Noble is not corroborating anything you made up in your mind. He is just making assumptions of what Sessions could have done. That is no evidence at all.

edit on 5-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

That's not how you parse a sentence. This is taught in 5th grade English.

There's no question that Session DID use campaign funds to pay for his trip to the DNC. The logic behind his choice is what Noble is opining on.

Why Sessions chose to use campaign funds to pay for his trip is anyone's guess, until he himself explains it. But, evidence points to the fact that he was acting as a Trump surrogate during the RNC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join