It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Cases You've Never Heard of pt.2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So I've decided to do a part 2.

Part 1

4. Nightcrawlers

The only 2 apparent sightings, one on a man's lawn and the other inside Yosemite National Park. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of these videos but it has not yet been debunked. Regardless, this is some compelling video if legit. Take it for what you will.

The Nightcrawlers

These sightings are not a recent development. The local Native American tribe insist that these creatures have been walking around for a long time. They have been accepted as one of nature's mysteries for most, but what if they aren't part of nature at all? What if they are aliens? Where do they come from? Why are they here?

An excerpt from a different wiki;

According to certain Native Americans in the surrounding area, the Nightcrawlers have existed on Earth for a considerable amount of time and come from a planet consisting majorly of swampland. Their long legs are thought to help them maneuver through the boggy terrain. To these Native Americans, the swamp-world aliens are here on Earth to assist in an "awakening", to rebuild the connection between man and nature and subsequently bring peace an

Aliens? Natural phenomena? Strings on pants? Hoax? Well according to the natives, it's nothing new and they have been around for a long time, so I guess it adds a bit of veracity to the story.
•••

5. Overtoun Bridge

Aka "The Bridge of Death". This one is truly bizarre and frightening. In the last 50 years, more than 50 dogs have leaped off the bridge to their deaths for no apparent reason.

In one case a man even threw his baby over the bridge, killing it instantly before he himself tried to jump, but was held back from his wife.

The Overtoun Bridge

The animals all leap from the same spot—between the final two parapets on the right-hand side of the historic bridge. Almost all have happened on clear and sunny days, which are relatively rare for the western side of Scotland. All of the dogs that jumped have been long-nosed breeds such as collies, Labradors, and other retrievers. Stranger still: Of the animals that survived their leap, some have returned and attempted to jump again.

Whatever mysterious force drives these dogs to leap from Overtoun Bridge, it doesn’t seem to influence just animals. In 1994, 32-year-old Kevin Moy threw his infant son Eoghan from the bridge on a sunny day in October. The child was killed instantly, and Kevin Moy tried to follow, though he was restrained by his wife and taken to the nearby Overtoun House. There, he attempted to slash his wrists with a kitchen knife before being taken into custody. Moy, who had been suffering from depression since contracting Myalgic Encephalopathy eight years before, believed that he was the anti-Christ and that his infant son was Satan. He told police that he and the child were responsible for the Gulf War, and they would destroy the world by infecting humanity with a virus. He said that by killing his son and himself, he would be saving the world.

This story literally sent chills down my spine. The man obviously was suffering from some type of mental illness before this incident, but was this just a coincidence or did the bridge "trigger" his actions? Scary just thinking about it..
•••

6. The Phantom Barber

I have to confess that I started to scare myself doing all this research and became too chicken to delve in deeper into some of the more paranormal mysteries. Maybe I'll do a part 3.

So I'll just leave you with this odd story instead.

During world war 2, in the small town of Pascagoula, there was a man that would sneak into homes at night and cut off the hair of sleeping women. The strange part was he only did it on Monday and Friday nights.

The Phantom Barber

A week after the first attack, the Phantom Barber struck the home of David G. Peattie, shearing his daughter Carol’s hair. The parents found a bare footprint near the window. The following Friday, the attacks became violent: the Phantom allegedly entered the house of Mr. and Mrs. ST Heidelberg, and proceeded to beat them with an iron bar. The final attack happened on a Sunday, two weeks later. The Phantom clipped a two inch lock of hair from the head of Mrs. RR Taylor. Mrs. Taylor reported a sickening smell and something being pressed to her face, which authorities assumed to be a chloroform rag. All told, about ten homes were broken into during the Phantom Barber’s reign of terror.

In August, the police apprehended a suspect that they concluded was the Phantom Barber. His name was William Dolan, a 57 year old German chemist with reported German sympathies and a grudge against the Heidelbergs. Mr. Heidelberg’s father was a local judge who had refused to lower Dolan’s bail on a trespassing charge several months before. Dolan was charged with the attempted murder of the Heidelbergs, but curiously he was never charged with one of the Phantom Barber attacks, despite the FBI finding a bundle of human hair behind his house, some of which belonged to Carol Peattrie, who you will remember was the Barber’s fourth victim. Dolan denied being the Phantom Barber. He received ten years for the attempted murder charge. After his arrest, the Phantom Barber attacks ceased.

Was he the Phantom Barber? Was he just some sicko with a weird hair fetish? Who knows..
•••

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Okay, the Fresno Nightcrawlers just became my new favorite cryptid. Elsewhere there are claims that the security footage has been vetted.

The videos remind me of two things: the 'small glowing people dancing in the woods at night' meme, and Tove Jannsen's Hattifatteners.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Keep up the awesome work bro, that dog bridge was in one of sublimes x files threads, fu€×!n weird shizzzz.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Actually, we'd heard of most of these...but then again...we tend to keep up on such stories over the years. But, its nice to be reminded and to be mentioned again to those here who have never heard of them.

The dogs jumping of the bridge is an odd one Ive been following for a few years now and is in a few books Ive read...

Nice job....MS

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Autograf

I wonder if there is any relation with the nightcrawlers and missing people in the parks.

Missing 411 anyone?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

During world war 2, in the small town of Pascagoula, there was a man that would sneak into homes at night and cut off the hair of sleeping women. The strange part was he only did it on Monday and Friday nights.

Hair or finger nail clippings are used in witchcraft. They contain DNA, giving the targeted victim a 'fingerprint' specific to them exclusively.

.o2

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah I figured some people would know of these stories, i just didn't want to change the name from the first one.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I read your first thread earlier today. Good stories.

The dogs jumping are strange indeeed.
I've not heard of any of them

Gonna check out night crawlers next
Thanks for posting these

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The night crawler has been debunked. String a line across a lawn or patio, hang a piece of cloth over it and draw it across the field of view of a camera.

Make sure first that you use a really grainy camera made from a potato so you can't see any detail...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Of course not! Keep em coming! Some members-visitors would never learn of these mysteries if you didnt!
MS

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

And I have also heard of all of these three mysterious cases too. Rather unfortunate, I was hoping to come upon something more quaint to tingle my accomplished armchair investigatory skills. Oh well, maybe some day soon. Tally-ho.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm unable to watch the video at the moment, but does it irrefutably debunk it?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The night crawler has been debunked. String a line across a lawn or patio, hang a piece of cloth over it and draw it across the field of view of a camera.

Make sure first that you use a really grainy camera made from a potato so you can't see any detail...

I remember when those first broke ground

One of the dumbest things I ever didn't know what the hell I was seeing.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: intrptr

I remember when those first broke ground

One of the dumbest things I ever didn't know what the hell I was seeing.

ROFL, me too.

How gullible we were....

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Ooooor it could be people with trousers pulled up to their heads...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The bridge one is disturbing. I'd have to wonder if there's something about that particular area, some sort of strange ground vibration or resonance, that dogs can hear and are really disturbed by it. Studies have shown that humans can also be seriously affected by sound in detrimental ways, even if it's subsonic.

This reminds me of whales beaching themselves for no apparent reason. Very scary stuffs.

The stickfigure cryptid. I dunno... First thing I thought of was someone small with an oversized pair of pants pulled up to their necks, heh. The gait is close to what someone on stilts looks like though. Far too stiff in movement and feels like it would not be an 'economical' way to get around, if that makes sense?

Cool stories though!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There is one theory about the Overtoun Bridge dog deaths, in that from a dog's perspective, they cannot see the steep drop that people can. Also the phenomena began when Mink were introduced into the area for fur farming purposes, and that the unique scent of the Mink is what the dogs are smelling, which makes sense when you consider it is mainly dogs known for their scenting ability, and that they are simply following the scent of the mink, which would be much stronger on a clear, dry day, and combined with the dog's inability to see the drop below them at the point where they are following the scent down to the riverbank, simply misjudge the drop and jump over the parapet.

Here is a link that describes the theory from an animal behaviourist Overtoun Bridge

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Thanks for the link.

It makes sense to a certain degree, but there is still some unsettling details that bother me. Like why do they all jump from the same spot? And why do the ones that survive jump again? Labradors and retriever breeds are also considered one of the smartest breeds too, so it's weird only these breeds would make the same mistakes. I don't think it's "suicide" in a sense where a human is depressed and contemplates their own death. I'm not really sure what's going on.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yes, it is still a strange story, why just that particular bridge and that specific spot on the bridge, there must be wild Mink all over the place, but no one has reported strange dog behaviour anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The night crawlers look like people walking on stilts with sheets covering them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join