It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lefty Fascists Shut Down Yet Another College Speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

They did, till they did not, shutting down views you dislike is not a mechanism of freedom, its a mechanism of oppression. The people attending had the right to listen to the speaker they invited, no matter how stupid the worldviews of the speaker are. This started as a protest, I'm fully sure, but denying peoples freedoms is not that, and furthermore they infringed upon others rights and used intimidation and violence.

If they don't liek it they dont have to listen to it, so why ruin it for those who do, outside of childnishness and a desire to stop dissenting opinion?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: reldra

So if anyone has an opposing viewpoint, they should just keep their god-damned mouth shut or they might get hurt, right?

Nope. Don't put words in my mouth. I stated that their yelling 'shut up', seemed to work. They could have yelled 'hell no we won't go' and if that worked, it worked.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Let me know when you support shutting down protest outside of Mosques.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am not falling for this crap that protesters are authoritarian, anarchist fascists. Just like I am not falling for the crap that the media is an enemy of the state. We should all keep our eye on the ball here but many seem distracted as easily as McCarthyism and Nixon sending in National Guard in to shoot students.

When the media boldly espouses the virtue of 'democracy' while simultaneously denying it's existence.

It is an ENEMY of the people.

One side wins.

One side loses.

Then everyone moves forward.

That's not been happening.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I would suggest you believing shouting down a guest speaker so he can't speak, trampling over the rights of everyone who showed up to listen to the guest speaker, throwing cement at a car and assaulting a women and labeling it as mere protesting, is far more concerning.

Yet, straight out of the fascist playbook.

link   

Silencing opposing views is ugly and cowardly.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Lefty Fascists? Stop whining about an event you didn't even attend.

Imagine someone spamming this thread to where you could not post.

That's what the op is about.

That's not whining.

It is whining. I have had threads spammed to death. It is because it is allowed here. People can stand outside of an event and yell things over and over too.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They used their free speech and right to protest. What to do...

And we have another poster who supports violence and calls injuring women, intimidation, and blocking the free movement of another person "protesting."

I'm so glad posters are identifying themselves as supportive of violence while calling it "protesting." Now we all know who you are.

link   
Sound like terrorists to me, where are the police? I'll arm myself thank you a reply to: reldra

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: MysticPearl

a reply to: MysticPearl

her neck was injured when someone pulled her hair

If she has a real injury, she should press charges.

That wasn't your original point. Your original point was essentially, that because I disagree with you, I can come to your place of work, jump on your car, throw cement at it, when you try to leave, grab and pull your hair, then simply brush it off as my right to protest while labelling you the whiner.

That is the exact picture you painted.

Now you're trying to backtrack off your suggestion that beating up women is simply protesting.

Nope. The protesting was fine. Any serious crimes committed should be handled by law enforcement.

The pulling of her hair is an assault in and of itself. She should press charges.

Throwing a sign attached to cement at a vehicle, is a crime. Someone should press charges.

I am not fond of the fact they may have been blocked from leaving.

It is your description of the entire protest as a whole with derogative terms to be concerning. Very concerning.

So....all the other stuff is casually dismissed with "meh, press charges" but it's the use of the terms like "terrorism" that's concerning to you?

Oh my.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It was a protest. You have added 2 more words on to it. Just because you don't like what they were protesting does not turn it into 'silencing' or any of the words the OP used.

The people having the event decided to leave.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

They used their free speech and right to protest. What to do...

If those who heckled MLK's "The Other America" speech did so with enough noise and yelling, would you be supporting their rights or MLKs? No one has the freedom to deny speech, nor to deny another's right to hear it.

link   

And stupid. Incredibly stupid.

Every opponent I have managed to actually defeat, I have only managed to do so by knowing their stance. Implicitly.

By shutting them down completely, they deny themselves the opportunity to gain the knowledge necessary to fight their opponents.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Lefty Fascists? Stop whining about an event you didn't even attend.

Imagine someone spamming this thread to where you could not post.

That's what the op is about.

That's not whining.

It is whining. I have had threads spammed to death. It is because it is allowed here. People can stand outside of an event and yell things over and over too.

Funny others call it the right to free speech and assembly.

Be thankful they aren't throwing things, and beating people up, and burning things in them.

link   

It was a protest. You have added 2 more words on to it. Just because you don't like what they were protesting does not turn it into 'silencing' or any of the words the OP used.

The people having the event decided to leave.

Except they quite literally silenced it.

No amount of spin on your part is going to change that: they literally silenced the event's guest.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

Let me know when you support shutting down protest outside of Mosques.

Outside? This wasn't outside.

This is the equivalent of going inside a mosque, shouting down the Imam while conducting prayers, forcing him to leave, then jumping on his car, throwing cement at it and assaulting his wife.

Of course, the right doesn't do that.

edit on 3-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   

They silenced opposing views.

Fascism.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: MysticPearl

a reply to: MysticPearl

her neck was injured when someone pulled her hair

If she has a real injury, she should press charges.

That wasn't your original point. Your original point was essentially, that because I disagree with you, I can come to your place of work, jump on your car, throw cement at it, when you try to leave, grab and pull your hair, then simply brush it off as my right to protest while labelling you the whiner.

That is the exact picture you painted.

Now you're trying to backtrack off your suggestion that beating up women is simply protesting.

Nope. The protesting was fine. Any serious crimes committed should be handled by law enforcement.

The pulling of her hair is an assault in and of itself. She should press charges.

Throwing a sign attached to cement at a vehicle, is a crime. Someone should press charges.

I am not fond of the fact they may have been blocked from leaving.

It is your description of the entire protest as a whole with derogative terms to be concerning. Very concerning.

So....all the other stuff is casually dismissed with "meh, press charges" but it's the use of the terms like "terrorism" that's concerning to you?

Oh my.

Oh my what? I never said 'meh'. If her hair was pulled, she should press charges. If they were blocked from leaving, they should press charges. I assume one person pulled her hair. I assume one or 2 people threw a sign.

I have never put words in your mouth.
edit on 3-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: peck420

And stupid. Incredibly stupid.

Every opponent I have managed to actually defeat, I have only managed to do so by knowing their stance. Implicitly.

By shutting them down completely, they deny themselves the opportunity to gain the knowledge necessary to fight their opponents.

They don't want debate.

their authoritarian views don't tolerate debate.

they are "HATE" personified.

link   
a reply to: Learningman

Actually no, no one has the right to do anything in this country free of critique. They only have the right to not be persecuted by the government for using their given rights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join