It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lefty Fascists Shut Down Yet Another College Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

hey hey ho ho hey hey ho ho ..

Those lefties must be some wanna be pirates..

Worst chant ever

But fits the kind of people using it

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: reldra

Lefty Fascists? Stop whining about an event you didn't even attend. There were protesters. People can protest.

Anarchists too? Surprised you didn't throw in commie. And terrorists too. LOL It seems you wouldn't know a terrorist if one bit you on the nose.

So injuring women and throwing cement at people is OK as long as it's called "a protest?"

I don't think so. Causing bodily harm to another person IS A CRIME. You are embarrassing yourself by saying otherwise.

If there was an injury, the person responsible should be charged. The throwing of a sign is at least disorderly conduct.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Lefty Fascists? Stop whining about an event you didn't even attend.

Imagine someone spamming this thread to where you could not post.

That's what the op is about.

That's not whining.

Dialogues are a two way street.

It's not throwing a fit to where there's a FASCIST monologue.

link   

So just being arrogant, no actual answer to my question, huh? Words are offensive, meanness is violence, opposing views are hate speech, but physical attacks to persons and property is all good?

No wonder the left, right and centre are catching on to how dangerous you lot are.

link   

her neck was injured when someone pulled her hair

If she has a real injury, she should press charges.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: intrptr

After about 25 minutes, and when it became clear the chants would not abate, faculty came onstage and announced plans to move the lecture to a different location.

Fascism wins the day.

Fascists are more than just childlike. Who in their right mind chants 'shut up' for twenty five minutes straight?

Fascists

Protesters are not fascists. Yelling shut apparently worked in this case.

They could just plug their ears and go lalalalal.

Or not, since they didn't do that.

Right, they chose to violate others right to hear someone speak. What do you learn from a bunch of hey ho you got to go?

Besides, their rights leave off where others begin. So they have a right to shut up, not to shut up others.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yes and people are free to protest what another says.

Not by silencing them. Sorry, but you might be in the wrong society.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Lefty Fascists? Stop whining about an event you didn't even attend. There were protesters. People can protest.

Anarchists too? Surprised you didn't throw in commie. And terrorists too. LOL It seems you wouldn't know a terrorist if one bit you on the nose.

So injuring women and throwing cement at people is OK as long as it's called "a protest?"

I don't think so. Causing bodily harm to another person IS A CRIME. You are embarrassing yourself by saying otherwise.

If there was an injury, the person responsible should be charged. The throwing of a sign is at least disorderly conduct.

So you're withdrawing your comment of "They were protestors. People can protest." which you made on page one? Along with the statement that the OP was "whining" when he wrote about these violent criminals?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Not by silencing them. Sorry, but you might be in the wrong society.

That is their IDEAL society. A society where their word is unquestioned. Granted, they are completely clueless to who will run that society, but, hey! I say let them learn the way they want too.

link   
The snowflakes are it again, crying over other people's points of view. In a college, every vision and perspective should be explored, not just what some want or consider "safe".
edit on 3-3-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

link   
Though I disagree with people infringing on another persons free speech.

I question labeling everything fascist. I mean the label is applied to both the left and the right.

And thrown around everywhere in between that it has seemed to have lost all relevance.

Perhaps someone with a background in poly-sci could be so kind as to educate us all on what fascism is and isn't then we could perhaps be a little more enlightened in the application of it's use.

As far as I am aware Mussolini was the only person that officially identified as Fascist.

edit on 3-3-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They used their free speech and right to protest. What to do...

link   

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

link   

Professor Allison Stanger was assaulted and her neck was injured when someone pulled her hair

Was she foolishly unarmed?

How much better would the story have been if the headline read, "Professor empties magazine into mob and restores rights guaranteed in the Constitution."?

LOL ... soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I am not falling for this crap that protesters are authoritarian, anarchist fascists. Just like I am not falling for the crap that the media is an enemy of the state. We should all keep our eye on the ball here but many seem distracted as easily as McCarthyism and Nixon sending in National Guard in to shoot students.

For people that like to say they are awake or tell others to wake up, you are doing a p*ss poor job.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That wasn't your original point. Your original point was essentially, that because I disagree with you, I can come to your place of work, jump on your car, throw cement at it, when you try to leave, grab and pull your hair, then simply brush it off as my right to protest while labelling you the whiner.

That is the exact picture you painted.

Now you're trying to backtrack off your suggestion that beating up women is simply protesting.
edit on 3-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Was she foolishly unarmed?

How much better would the story have been if the headline read, "Professor empties magazine into mob and restores rights guaranteed in the Constitution."?

LOL ... soon.

Then we will be reading about how a vicious, conservative terrorist was gunning down peacefully protesting children.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So if anyone has an opposing viewpoint, they should just keep their god-damned mouth shut or they might get hurt, right?

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

That wasn't your original point. Your original point was essentially, that because I disagree with you, I can come to your place of work, jump on your car, throw cement at it, when you try to leave, grab and pull your hair, then simply brush it off as my right to protest while labelling you the whiner.

That is the exact picture you painted.

Now you're trying to backtrack off your suggestion that beating up women is simply protesting.

Nope. The protesting was fine. Any serious crimes committed should be handled by law enforcement.

The pulling of her hair is an assault in and of itself. She should press charges.

Throwing a sign attached to cement at a vehicle, is a crime. Someone should press charges.

I am not fond of the fact they may have been blocked from leaving.

It is your description of the entire protest as a whole with derogative terms to be concerning. Very concerning.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They used their free speech and right to protest. What to do...

Oh so only left wingers have free speech.

Guess it sucks to be someone else.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join