It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lefty Fascists Shut Down Yet Another College Speech

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: reldra

he kinda can based on what you have been writting in this entire thread.

Who is he?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Shamrock6

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: reldra

I am a constitutionalist.

But you don't defend the Rights of the invited speaker to speak or those who want hear to hear the speaker? It's hard to unite the two idea's?

Why is protest to deny others the Right to speak OK with a "constitutionalist"? How is picking and choosing who has Rights constitutional? Do you think the Constitution only applies to some ideologies and not others?

Of course they can speak. But if the other party protests enough that the first party decides to leave, they can leave.
The first party can speak elsewhere or on television or in the internet. They decided to leave.

The owners of the private forum probably decided it was a poor idea.
edit on 3-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm very much a proponent of "I may not like what you have to say, but will defend to the death, your right to say it". However, I don't see the value in a university or college taking money for space to speak ideas long disproven, ideas that promote hate and false notions of superiority.

The Bell Curve should certainly be discussed in academia and made an example of as a disgusting ideological perversion of science... however I think it's idiotic for a college or university to validate such repugnant notions by giving a proponent a stage.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm very much a proponent of "I may not like what you have to say, but will defend to the death, your right to say it". However, I don't see the value in a university or college taking money for space to speak ideas long disproven, ideas that promote hate and false notions of superiority.

Well that's a nice example of left wing supremacy.

God forbid students actually making up their own minds.

Make it up for them.

link   
fascism is by definition a right wing form of government

this thread is just more snowflaking by the trumpets

link   
As I always do in these situations I try to find a local source that isnt trying to hype up one side. Between that and another article they posted it indicates that it wasnt the entire crowd attempting to shut it down, many of the students had shown up for a Q&A for a chance to debate the guy later. The University has already stated they are disappointed in the students that violated their protesting policy, and will take action when they investigate. As much as I do disagree with the speaker and fully support protesting, people that would entirely shut someone make it worse for all of us.

www.burlingtonfreepress.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

not exactly, the left wing has its own form of dictatorship.

see: Stalinism example
edit on 3-3-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: neo96

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[

Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like the left to me.

See speech getting shut down, and violent protest since before the election, and has continued to this day.

I am not sure what universe you woke up in, but democracy is fine by me. Totalitarianism is bad. Never said violence was good against free speech.

It is actually the right that pushes the militias, which I do believe in when organized against a fascist state.

You seem very confused.

I am a constitutionalist.

Don't get it twisted: you are absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt NOT a constitutionalist. Of all the utterly ludicrous things you've said in this thread, that comment far and away takes the cake.

Then you haven't been paying attention. I always thought of you as someone that pays attention.

I have, which is how I can say what I said with absolute certainty.

Ignoring the COTUS and BofR entirely when it suits you to ignore it and clinging to it when it suits you to cling to it does not a constitutionalist make.

Edit for your edit: I am. No need to go down the road (again) of trying to get personal. Your comments speak for themselves. As do mine.

I don't do what you say. You act as if you can see into my mind.

Addressed in my edit.

Your comments speak for themselves.

link   

originally posted by: trb71
As I always do in these situations I try to find a local source that isnt trying to hype up one side. Between that and another article they posted it indicates that it wasnt the entire crowd attempting to shut it down, many of the students had shown up for a Q&A for a chance to debate the guy later. The University has already stated they are disappointed in the students that violated their protesting policy, and will take action when they investigate. As much as I do disagree with the speaker and fully support protesting, people that would entirely shut someone make it worse for all of us.

www.burlingtonfreepress.com...

See, so not a massive commie anarchist thing.

link   
Even in a KIA....move them suckers down.

Im not a violent man. But ill visit obscene violence on strangers who threaten my safety.

when you are being hunted by a tiger, you have to be a bigger, scarier tiger. Slam that car into reverse and move people behind you under your car, then start swerving at any strays that scatter as you drive out of the lot. Self perservation sounds kind of violent, but its better than the alternative.

link   
The government did not stop the speaking, so it is not a constitutional issue.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

tell that to the OP

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

So when FDR went around confiscating the publics gold, and throwing the Japanese in internment camps.

That was just being 'liberal' ?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

These new-age fascists have obviously read up on Hitlers methodology and are following the brownshirts lead.

1938 all over again.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

You may want to actually read the definition. Fascism is fascism, and TODAY the left are very much fascists

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Even in a KIA....move them suckers down.

Im not a violent man. But ill visit obscene violence on strangers who threaten my safety.

when you are being hunted by a tiger, you have to be a bigger, scarier tiger. Slam that car into reverse and move people behind you under your car, then start swerving at any strays that scatter as you drive out of the lot. Self perservation sounds kind of violent, but its better than the alternative.

And if you were in the car the speaker was in, after all said and done...it seems the aggressiveness was much less than the OP infers...you might be sentenced to life in prison.

It was definitely not what the OP described.

link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

no, Im telling it to you, you brought it to the table.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Learningman

They should not have resorted to violence. Personally I would only protest outside, not inside. It is kind of curious though that colleges and universities keep taking money from hate peddlers. Protest should probably move to the Boards offices.

After Milo I am not understanding why Universities with a strong Liberal student body keep doing this. Surely, there are are other colleges that would have liked this speaker.

University is where you are supposed to learn before you enter your adult hood. How could anyone learn from just one point? And if your so confident as a human being why can you not listen to someone else's view?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: MysticPearl

These new-age fascists have obviously read up on Hitlers methodology and are following the brownshirts lead.

1938 all over again.

Yes, the Trump followers are certainly up on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join