It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lefty Fascists Shut Down Yet Another College Speech

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: reldra

Oh come on...how can you support the obstruction of free speech?

I used to be liberal until the last 8 years...you folks are destroying society...you will reap what you sow.

Shut up. That's how. /sarc, going back to OP.

This was not obstruction. Only the government can obstruct free speech.
edit on 3-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[

Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like the left to me.

See speech getting shut down, and violent protest since before the election, and has continued to this day.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You're making it crystal clear you'll gladly shut down any opinions which someone doesn't want to hear.

All someone has to do is threaten violence in reaction to words, and you'll suppress the words rather than confront the reaction.

Meanwhile, you have no respect for those wanting to hear the words.

Would you also take CNN off air if some right wingers threatened violence against Don Lemon, theoretically?
edit on 3-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

You're making it crystal clear you'll gladly shut down any opinions which someone doesn't want to hear.

All someone has to do is threaten violence in reaction to words, and you'll suppress the words rather than confront the reaction.

Meanwhile, you have no respect for those wanting to hear the words.

You are making things up as you go.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Oh come on...how can you support the obstruction of free speech?

I used to be liberal until the last 8 years...you folks are destroying society...you will reap what you sow.

The big bad boogeyman libtards r gun' ruin dis countriez moral fabric!!1!1!

The federal government - including both R's and D's - have done more to destroy this society than a group of college kids could ever hope for (if that's their intentions).

I would say we should just start blaming liberals for everything, but I'm late to that party!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I didn't say anything about accepted science.

You dispute that both those branches on intelligence in culture and race are accepted by the scientific community?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Learningman

You are incorrect about what accepted science is.

Accepted science eh ?

I think you mean hijacked science to push political agendas.

Which students of history saw the nazis do.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Learningman

I would not attend a conference on why my favourite author was a hack though, even in my hometown. No precognition needed, I am in charge of my self and simply going to an event I dislike then getting so mad I get violent is not a wise thing to do.

Also, not inviting speakers that you view as causing violence in others obviously means there is no precognition needed either, as you must know this in order to consider them a bad idea to invite.

Yes but that's rational behavior: don't attend an event that you don't want to attend, and don't go listen to somebody talk that you don't want to hear talk.

We shouldn't expect that of our precious college age folks.

That is just obtuse. Of course college students will protest speakers at their college or university that they deeply do not like. At a Liberal or Conservative school. Has been that way for 100 years or more.

It doesn't mean they are 'precious' or soft in some way. They are what is our future. Has been that way probably since the beginning of time.

I can imagine similar protests in ancient Athens.

Oddly, somehow, all of them are commie anarchist snowflakes with coloring books now. It's just an absurd idea.

I would think most people know better. This is not new even in a thousand years.

So...continuing to go off on tangents and not actually discuss meat and potatoes points? Fun.

Continuing to argue about things that nobody has said, while ignoring what people are actually saying? Fun.

What's ironic is that in this instance I didn't mean precious how you think I meant precious.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Surprised that's the first time you've reached that point in this thread...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Pushing the idea that white Europeans genetically have superior intelligence and that homosexuality is a choice that can be cured when there's tons of scientific evidence that proves those viewpoints wrong seems just to be a method of keeping minority groups suppressed.

Imagine if you were censored by heckling, threat, or coercion for saying that.

(post by Breakthestreak removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[

Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like the left to me.

See speech getting shut down, and violent protest since before the election, and has continued to this day.

I am not sure what universe you woke up in, but democracy is fine by me. Totalitarianism is bad. Never said violence was good against free speech.

It is actually the right that pushes the militias, which I do believe in when organized against a fascist state.

You seem very confused.

I am a constitutionalist.

link   

Surprised that's the first time you've reached that point in this thread...

I was that way with certain people here before the thread even began, but this deserved herp with an extra side of derp.

link   

originally posted by: Learningman

I didn't say anything about accepted science.

You dispute that both those branches on intelligence in culture and race are accepted by the scientific community?

There really isn't anything to dispute when it comes to genetics/intelligence.

There has been a growth industry where prospective mothers pay snip loads of cash to sperm doners to have 'smart' kids.

link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

And you'll remain curious, because the answer to your question is not one that can be given without completely outing one's self as supporting the shut-down of any and all things right.

Personally I'm neither Right nor Left as are many people I'm sure. I have no intent to make this personal.

I find the title of this thread as offensive to the senses as I do the idea of silencing an invited speaker at a learning institution. That is no way to encourage meaningful discussions either.

I don't think many of those involved are truly opposed to free speech as much as they are trying to make themselves the center of attention, which is part of this. We are talking about young, still mostly in the throes of a hormonal rage without out fully developed critical thinking skills people protesting for the most part.

Those in the masks though are actual anarchists who really do want to silence speech, commit acts of violence and break laws while hiding behind masks like the cowards they are.

link   

No, you just don't have a response when the flaws in your ideology are pointed out.

You have no response when farther reaching consequences to your ideology are pointed out.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I am a constitutionalist.

Excuse me for a couple of minutes while I go roll on the floor and laugh hysterically.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sadly, I've heard it used by many. The argument that free speech applies only to the government shows the deep ignorance towards one of the most basic human rights.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Yes. The Bell Curve (written by the man whom was protested against) was rejected in whole by Science.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join