It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN WANTS A WAR - International or Civil - CNN is a Terrorist Threat to the U.S.A..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're right, Gryphon66. In the local Chicago media, the stations that have the best ratings are those that elevate stories with videos of an event, even if the event is minor.

ABC-7 is the worst. They start the news with a "dramatic video" of something that wouldn't even be newsworthy, if that video didn't exist. One anchor left in disgust and another retired early. BUT.. ABC-7 News has the highest ratings in Chicago.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're right, Gryphon66. In the local Chicago media, the stations that have the best ratings are those that elevate stories with videos of an event, even if the event is minor.

ABC-7 is the worst. They start the news with a "dramatic video" of something that wouldn't even be newsworthy, if that video didn't exist. One anchor left in disgust and another retired early. BUT.. ABC-7 News has the highest ratings in Chicago.

Ratings. Advertising dollars. This is what drives the American media. Controlling the world is just a side note.

(And ALL of them try to control what people think. All of them.)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Why do they need a civil war? If they are reporting bogus stories it would be much easier to just make one up, amirite?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Actual example?
Of what ?

What did I reply to?

That.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Note my emphasis below and maybe it will become more clear to some of the apologists here. State Dept internally-authored "news stories sent to American-operated outlets broadcasting around the globe."

So, no, it's not just bias we're talking about but, rather, propaganda aimed at the American people.

In recent years, there has been a series of surreal and unreal news stories since the Smith-Mundt Act was effectively rendered obsolete by US lawmakers on July 2nd 2013, as published by RT below:

“Until earlier this month, a longstanding federal law made it illegal for the US Department of State to share domestically the internally-authored news stories sent to American-operated outlets broadcasting around the globe.

All of that changed effective July 2, when the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) was given permission to let US households tune-in to hear the type of programming that has previously only been allowed in outside nations.”

“The Smith-Mundt Act has ensured for decades that government-made media intended for foreign audiences doesn’t end up on radio networks broadcast within the US. An amendment tagged onto the National Defense Authorization Act removed that prohibition this year.”

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I'll ask ... how is CNN fomenting war with BRICS?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

... published by RT (Russian Times) below.

Gotcha, some folks are picking their poison and want to share.

(snippage mine from source listed by THE GUT above).

Here's a suggestion ... why don't we all use our rational faculties and knowledge to sift through ALL media output and decide FOR OURSELVES what is true, not true, possible, unlikely, propaganda, etc.

Because not unlike politics, when one chooses "a side" one loses perspective.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In fact, CNN helped to get Donald Trump elected President, by giving him wall-to-wall negative coverage during the campaign season.

Have you thought that maybe that was the whole point? To radicalized a certain segment of the population so that Trump would be elected and hate/divisiveness would spread.

If that was their plan then it seems to be working. We have half the country at the throat of the other half with no compromise in sight. Divide and conquer, you guys are falling for it so hard lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Donald Trump is a WWE personality.

That tells me 99% of what I need to know about all this furor.

WWE Superstars - Donald Trump

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Gotcha, some folks are picking their poison and want to share.

(snippage mine from source listed by THE GUT above).

Here's a suggestion ... why don't we all use our rational faculties and knowledge to sift through ALL media output and decide FOR OURSELVES what is true, not true, possible, unlikely, propaganda, etc.

Because not unlike politics, when one chooses "a side" one loses perspective.

The article I linked wasn't from RT although RT was one small quote floating in a sea of conventional sources. You didn't notice that? Here's more from the link that isn't RT:

In 2008, the New York Times wrote:

During the early years of the cold war, [prominent writers and artists, from Arthur Schlesinger Jr. to Jackson Pollock] were supported, sometimes lavishly, always secretly, by the C.I.A. as part of its propaganda war against the Soviet Union. It was perhaps the most successful use of “soft power” in American history.

A CIA operative told Washington Post owner Philip Graham … in a conversation about the willingness of journalists to peddle CIA propaganda and cover stories: You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month.

Famed Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein wrote in 1977:

More than 400 American journalists … in the past twenty‑five years have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters.

MOCKINGBIRD MIRROR

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Donald Trump is in the WWE Hall of fame....wow i'm gobsmacked. Can you get anything more fake than modern wrestling..... oh yes reality TV... Apprentice any one. I'll retire to my safe place now with my crash helmet and dummy and try not to melt.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, let's do that. Here's some more perspective:

Iraq War

In early 2002, the U.S. Department of Defense launched an information operation, colloquially referred to as the Pentagon military analyst program.[9] The goal of the operation is "to spread the administrations's talking points on Iraqby briefing ... retired commanders for network and cable television appearances," where they have been presented as independent analysts.

Propaganda

Is that what we want broadcast to folk--often older or poor--who have no internet access? Mostly for reasons of our destructive and destabilizing foreign policy.

edit on 3-3-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The pertinent quote which you included that supported your point was from RT.

Do you think anyone is surprised that the CIA runs covert ops on the American public? (Or that they're not the only ones?)

Do you think that started in 2013?

However, going from that known fact to the direct equivalence that CNN is NOTHING BUT a mouthpiece for the CIA is a giant leap of belief.

Propaganda is and has been a part of the American press since Washington.

You mentioned this like you were making a "big reveal" to those of us you see as "apologists" ... which apparently means, those of us who don't see the world exactly as you do.

A bit short-sighted that ... but thanks for the clarification.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Again ... you seem to think you're revealing something....

I would say that even the average reader on ATS is familiar with these concepts.

But you seem to be talking to me, now, so why not spit it out?

Stop beating around the bush. Whatever else you think about me, surely I'm capable of comprehending English.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

However, going from that known fact to the direct equivalence that CNN is a mouthpiece for the CIA is a giant leap of belief.

See my post right above you. You don't seem to have researched this well and I'm not being mean.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I don't seem to have researched this well because I'm not agreeing whole-heartedly with you?

I am asking if you really don't believe that we (and much of the American public) realizes what you seem to think that only you and a select few others know.

I haven't researched it? What's the basis for that conclusion?

ETA: In fact, you seem to be doing nothing more than the garden-variety argumentative style we see around here every day (with a little bit better vocabulary) ... you think you can argue from superior knowledge and understanding but you've done ZERO to demonstrate that.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I think this vid shows just how much the MSM is a echo chamber and that echo is agenda based
Now we could go fetch you examples of stories being made up and parroted among the MSM but I will leave that up to you to do the work for yourself ...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A video on Youtube is your over-arcing source for proving your point?

I'm wasting my time.

Best.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't seem to have researched this well because I'm not agreeing whole-heartedly with you?

I am asking if you really don't believe that we (and much of the American public) realizes what you seem to think that only you and a select few others know.

I'm asking why you think it's okay? I also asked how you felt about low income folk and older people that don't have internet access being fed propaganda that doesn't accurately reflect what our destructive foreign policy is.

I haven't researched it? What's the basis for that conclusion?

Because you didn't seem to be aware and thought it a stretch that CIA would influence and "script" the MSM.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I provided a link up thread to a released CIA document pretty much saying that Yes the CIA has been involved in the production of MSM news ....Its not YT so you should be capable of navigating to the info .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join