It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Shot of Trump’s War on Weed: Feds Ice Cannabis Cup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Bogden IS NOT PART OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Vector99

a reply to: underwerks

FYI, this has nothing to do with Trump or his administration.

FYI: this is only an issue because of who Trump appointed to Attorney General.

Umm, did you read your own source? Let's have a look at the bio of the actual AG that made the statement
Daniel G. Bogden

On July 31, 2009, Daniel G. Bogden was nominated by President Barack Obama to be the United States Attorney for the District of Nevada; he was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate on September 15, 2009. As United States Attorney, Mr. Bogden represents the United States in all criminal and civil matters within the District of Nevada. The United States Attorney is the top federal law enforcement official in the state.

I know I know, those pesky details.

Who now under Sessions, is sending this letter. Further proving this is a result of the new administration.

Did you have extreme outrage when Holder said this?

Attorney General Eric Holder has announced that the U.S. government will "vigorously enforce" federal law against marijuana if California voters elect to legalize the drug next month.

source

AG's have a tendency to say they will enforce laws. It's kind of their job.

Also, this guy sent this letter all on his own, not under instruction from Sessions.

And if Bogden’s interpretation represents the view of the DOJ under Trump

Bogden's interpretation, NOT Sessions'.

Please try to keep up

I'm actually way ahead of you buddy, don't worry.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
Marijuana has Ruuuuuiiiiiined my life and I need government to save me from myself by either throwing me in prison if I get caught buying it or smoking it, and pump me full of pharmaceuticals so I dbn't have to worry about not having suicidal thoughts as a side effect

Eh? So you need pharmaceutical drugs so you can have suicidal thoughts as a side effect? Otherwise it would have been worded "and pump me full of pharmaceuticals so I dbn't have to worry about having suicidal thoughts"

Anyway. America gave me hope the world (especially the UK) would finally legalise medical cannabis, a backtrack from the US might make that less likely....

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

FYI, this has nothing to do with Trump or his administration.

FYI: this is only an issue because of who Trump appointed to Attorney General.

Umm, did you read your own source? Let's have a look at the bio of the actual AG that made the statement
Daniel G. Bogden

On July 31, 2009, Daniel G. Bogden was nominated by President Barack Obama to be the United States Attorney for the District of Nevada; he was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate on September 15, 2009. As United States Attorney, Mr. Bogden represents the United States in all criminal and civil matters within the District of Nevada. The United States Attorney is the top federal law enforcement official in the state.

I know I know, those pesky details.

Who now under Sessions, is sending this letter. Further proving this is a result of the new administration.

Did you have extreme outrage when Holder said this?

Attorney General Eric Holder has announced that the U.S. government will "vigorously enforce" federal law against marijuana if California voters elect to legalize the drug next month.

source

AG's have a tendency to say they will enforce laws. It's kind of their job.

Also, this guy sent this letter all on his own, not under instruction from Sessions.

And if Bogden’s interpretation represents the view of the DOJ under Trump

Bogden's interpretation, NOT Sessions'.

Please try to keep up

I'm actually way ahead of you buddy, don't worry.

I'll have to take your word on the way ahead part. How do you know its only Bogdens interpretation and he sent this letter on his own? Source please.

And furthermore, why is he sending this letter now, instead of every year for the past 8 years whenever there is a cannabis cup? What's different?

I'm well aware of the role a U.S. Attorney plays and who they are beholden to, the department of justice. Which is ran by Sessions right now.

U.S. Attorneys and their offices are part of the Department of Justice. U.S. Attorneys receive oversight, supervision, and administrative support services through the Justice Department's Executive Office for United States Attorneys.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So please, fill me in on how this is a rogue action by a U.S. Attorney, and not representative of the new attitude of the Justice Department.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It sounds as though your association with cannabis stems primarily from immaturity.

Try to imagine that there are others who will never 'outgrow' cannabis, if you can.
Don't let this train of thought 'blow your mind'. Maybe take a few beers,
or a few of whatever you find in the medicine chest, as a mental laxative.
Likey benzo's? I have a Teva 150 mg clonazapam and
2/3 pf a xanax I found on the curb, if you need them. Just PM me.
I only rescued them so they don't fall into the water supply.
Sometimes I find a useful stuff as well, such as a baggie with enough shake to make it worthwhile.
(drivers still jettison their herb here during traffiic stops here since it is 'illegal')
On election day I found 1.5 grams, skunk. Haven't seen a crumb since, and let me tell you
no one on this planet appreciates it as much as I do, and I haven't broken out in hives yet.
Almost 4 whole months and I haven't so much as snatched an old lady's purse, cuz, ya know
it makes the user lazy, and ambitionless.

Personally I find your frame of mind tragic, and uncommon.
Most person's who have benefitted from cannabis know that it is a sacred plant from God,
and would never dream of the day they would swear it off as a
passage of youth, like bad judgment, drunk driving, coke, or led zeppelin.

I assure you that many 'users' have a far more practical respect for this herb than
you seem to reflect from your bad experiences. May I suggest that your inner self is to blame
for your bad trips, and not the herb?

Normally I keep to myself about this. But I will add a piece of advice.

Stop associating cannabis with other 'drugs', particularly in the context of legality.

It makes it sound as though those who enjoy cannabis just can't wait 'till every drug
is made legal!

I never considered pot as a drug. It is an herb, just like thousands of others. This herb is harmless, expanding, and has significant preventative medicinal value. In my opinion the government has no business even dreaming of legalizing (regulating) herbs.

I will keep an eye on this rather troubling, and perhaps telling, Trump administration development. Is he having problems remembering what he said?

or perhaps

Someone is being hurt by the growing cannabis movement, but it is NOT those who partake in the sacrament.

hmm

# 686
edit on 2-3-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: ...Durrr, I don't know what I said, I don't REMEMBER!

edit on 2-3-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Source please.

Check the OP

And furthermore, why is he sending this letter now, instead of every year for the past 8 years whenever there is a cannabis cup? What's different?

My guess is it's the first year it's legal for recreational use in Nevada.

So please, fill me in on how this is a rogue action by a U.S. Attorney, and not representative of the new attitude of the Justice Department.

I haven't seen anything in detail about Sessions cracking down on legal MJ. His comment that everyone is hanging on is when he said he will enforce the laws, like EVERY AG says (see the link I provided about Holder), and “The U.S. Congress made the possession of marijuana in every state — and the distribution — an illegal act. If that’s something that’s not desired any longer, Congress should pass a law to change the rule.”

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Source please.

Check the OP

My guess is it's the first year it's legal for recreational use in Nevada.

I haven't seen anything in detail about Sessions cracking down on legal MJ. His comment that everyone is hanging on is when he said he will enforce the laws, like EVERY AG says (see the link I provided about Holder), and “The U.S. Congress made the possession of marijuana in every state — and the distribution — an illegal act. If that’s something that’s not desired any longer, Congress should pass a law to change the rule.”

From the OP:

it is under the impression that the so-called ‘Cole Memorandum’ and subsequent memoranda from the Department of Justice permit marijuana use, possession and distribution on tribal lands when the state law also permits it,” Bogden wrote. “Unfortunately, this is an incorrect interpretation of the Department’s position on this issue.”

So which department's position is he referring to in reference to the Cole memo? Is he not talking about the Justice Department's position?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Too bad for your pathetic little attempt at propaganda that Bogden was NOMINATED BY OBAMA IN 2009 and has been serving ever since.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The quote I gave is at the bottom of your source.

Also, the Cole memo was penned in 2013, not under Trump. I'll be honest, it's not something I've read at all.

Trump has said his stance is it is a state's issue

Donald Trump has supported state’s rights in legalizing and establishing marijuana policies. Robert Capecchi, director of federal policies at the Marijuana Policy Project, said they are cautiously optimistic the incoming administration will continue current policies and not interfere in state laws.

sourc e

Trust me, I'm an advocate for legalization. It's only a setback to keep pushing Trump's admin will enforce major crackdowns on it, because it causes divide. If his administration does indeed do that, you will see an OP from me slamming him hardcore, but as of now nothing points to that happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

The quote I gave is at the bottom of your source.

Also, the Cole memo was penned in 2013, not under Trump. I'll be honest, it's not something I've read at all.

Trump has said his stance is it is a state's issue

Donald Trump has supported state’s rights in legalizing and establishing marijuana policies. Robert Capecchi, director of federal policies at the Marijuana Policy Project, said they are cautiously optimistic the incoming administration will continue current policies and not interfere in state laws.

sourc e

Trust me, I'm an advocate for legalization. It's only a setback to keep pushing Trump's admin will enforce major crackdowns on it, because it causes divide. If his administration does indeed do that, you will see an OP from me slamming him hardcore, but as of now nothing points to that happening.

The Cole memo just gives states a list of points to abide by so they won't be prosecuted under federal marijuana laws. Sort of a list of what not to do.

This letter makes it clear that the interpretation of the memo that the recreational industry has been built on since states began legalizing, isn't the interpretation anymore.

I'm well aware of Trumps comments on cannabis in passing on the campaign trail. He also mentioned in passing how he'd start up a Muslim registry and that Ted Cruz's father was involved in the JFK assassination, so forgive me if what he said while campaigning doesn't hold much weight with me. Especially when a member of the Justice Department is sending out letters describing how the interpretation of the memo is not the same anymore.

I work in the legal cannabis industry, so just waiting until something happens isn't an option for me. I'll be out of a job by that point.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I work in the legal cannabis industry, so just waiting until something happens isn't an option for me. I'll be out of a job by that point.

Unfortunately you don't have a choice until federal laws are changed. I'm pretty confident that this administration won't be cracking down though. If anything, Trump's take and Sessions' words indicate a possibility of moving closer to federal legalization. They basically put the ball in Congress' court. Those are the guys you should be screaming out to IMO.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Recreational weed... Is still out for debate.

Some say it has increased crime, increased unemployment and such in Colorado, for instance.

Some say those statistics are crap.

On the other hand, I just wish they'd finally make it legal for medical universally. It has a lot of benefits, and we all know the reasons that there's so many people against weed in the first place.

Which makes me ask - Is he really against big pharma, like some people pretend he is?
I just wish humanity would stop controlling other people with lies and force and manipulation and convoluted deceptive behaviors..

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Trump said he would leave it up to the individual states,any BS being said is by liberal media,they even say speculation,just another way to get liberals to riot,they never listen to the ,liberals are very good at putting words in others mouths

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

"What gives you the right to tell me what I can do with my body? "

In this hypothetical scenario? My right to vote.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Being able to buy automatic weapons but not weed is beyond stupid. In Australia we're not allowed to buy either.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

How about start the argument where it belongs? I have the right to put anything I want in my body as long as I don't hurt anybody else or infringe on anybody else's rights.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I live in AZ and have my medical card. I went to my normal dispensary in Mesa and blocking the drive into the parking lot were two Mesa police SUVs. I have epilepsy and do not drive, so I had my daughter drop me off so I could walk to the entrance. I asked the cops if I could go to the dispensary. The cop, (and I came from Chicago to AZ about 6 months ago, so I am used to jag-off cops), says to me sarcastically. "OH! There is a dispensary here?" Knock yourself out!"

I go inside, have my medicine picked out when one of the workers some in and yells, "Is there a (my name) here?" I say "yes, that's me" and I am told the cops want to speak to me. I worry about my daughter in the car and I tell the bud-tender to just pack up my order and I would be back. The cops were harassing other people in the parking lot when I got out there. I say, "I am (my name), what is going on?" The cop sneers at me. "Oh, wrong suite number!" and walks towards another medical card holder trying to get in.

I got my order and my daughter and I were followed out of the parking lot. I was pretty freaked out as I have a very NOT common name and how did they get it? My daughter was driving HER car and I had only been checked into the dispensary about 5 minutes when I was called out.

i think the federal government has already started to even go after LEGAL medical MJ users. I TOTALLY felt as if I were being targeted and harassed......

I love Trump's message, but if the FEDS go back on the years of peace we have had with medical AND recreational MJ, it will be a definite backward step......

I come from a family of alcohols....with a few deaths from it on that family tree.....NOBODY in my family had died on pot...beat their kids on pot....cheated on their wives while high......

Now shall I share some horror stories on what some family has done while high on opioids? (LEGAL ones too!) and alcohol? (that one is the worst of all!!)

I got off of 6 different meds when I went with MJ. The pain killers I was given for severe pain almost killed me. The sleeping pills, the pills for nausea and stomach cramps...the migraine meds and anti-seizure meds......

a reply to: deadlyhope

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Gentlemen, you are going off like a bunch of poorly aimed Howitzers on a WW1 battle field, hitting everything but the assigned target.

Precedent is what they are after, as well Bogden is trying to keep his job. ( DJT show him the door.)
Unlike States, Tribes have no official Attorney General's office to fend off federal legal actions.
It is a attack on the weakest, with hopes of gaining the most in legal action.

( You should see the Tribal Court system at work, it is something to behold. It works !! )

This is the major reason this case is / will determine many aspects of what's to come.
The hell with conjecture, let's go to trial !!! And on to the appellate.

On a side note, this subject is also derailing and misdirecting many here at ATS away from far more serious political events and discussions.

Buck

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

When did this become Trump's war on weed? I thought it was Sessions bringing it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

You got it right with the 1st suggestion, though I think you missed my sarcastic point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join