It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Shot of Trump’s War on Weed: Feds Ice Cannabis Cup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: six67seven
Follow the money.

I think this is a war the Trump admin will ultimately lose.

Yep, when Trump was elected, and many said he was not bought and paid for, I asked what is he going to do about the thousands of politicians around him that are?

I heard crickets
Worse still, he picked Sessions himself that is against it

There is not a Democrat in the house but the same people are still in power

Deep Pocket Special Interests

Trump didn't pick Sessions based solely on his weed ideologies.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Since we have an emoji for a drink, can we have one of a water bong or joint?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: underwerks

Here is my bit of unsolicited advice to those in the pro-recreational marijuana crowd.......

1) Distance yourselves from entities like High Times and events like Smoke Outs.

No. How about you stop being so judgemental?

2) Stop comparing Pot to Booze (and Pills and etc etc etc).

No. This is a VERY valid comparison and you can't sweep this under the rug with your weak reasoning here. It is NOT whining either.

3) Stop pretending that smoking pot recreationally has no negative side affects.

Tell me what the negative side effects are then.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: eluryh22

Here is my bit of unsolicited advice to those in the pro-recreational marijuana crowd.......

1) Distance yourselves from entities like High Times and events like Smoke Outs.

No. How about you stop being so judgemental?

2) Stop comparing Pot to Booze (and Pills and etc etc etc).

No. This is a VERY valid comparison and you can't sweep this under the rug with your weak reasoning here. It is NOT whining either.

3) Stop pretending that smoking pot recreationally has no negative side affects.

Tell me what the negative side effects are then.

Side effects include watching Alfred Hitchcock and Twilight Zone, and Mystery Science Theater re-run marathons, long winded sessions of the giggles and eating raw cookie dough at 3 am. Just from my own experience.
edit on 2-3-2017 by HarumphHarumph because: I was high.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
Side effects include watching Alfred Hitchcock and Twilight Zone, and Mystery Science Theater re-run marathons, long winded sessions of the giggles and eating raw cookie dough at 3 am. Just from my own experience.

I just watched Slime People and Hercules last night.

You may be on to something there with those side effects!
edit on 2-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Nobody said you couldn't smoke it. # man, you picked out the very last sentence in his post and took off on it. He's saying he'd vote no to legalizing it. You can still smoke all you want FFS. I'd vote "no" with him.

I want smoking sections back at restaurants but I'll never get that again, and I don't even smoke anymore.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You actually proved his point and made it even stronger. Not sure if that was your goal or not.

Whether or not these views are valid is irrelevant because it's not the pot smokers that you need to get on your side.... it's the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Marijuana effects people differently, just like alcohol.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

You actually proved his point and made it even stronger. Not sure if that was your goal or not.

Whether or not these views are valid is irrelevant because it's not the pot smokers that you need to get on your side.... it's the rest of us.

The majority of America is on my side. People like the poster you're referring to and you are in the minority now.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm as pro MJ and pro choice on it, as they come, but it's not realistic to suggest smoking anything has no ill effects..however slight they may be.
Just about everything we enjoy can have a negative effect, while at the same time have positive effects..it's about balance.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The majority of America is on my side. People like the poster you're referring to and you are in the minority now.

Are you saying it's ok to shove people in the minority aside now?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

What do you mean? what would it mean to be in the minority? you can't tell people what they can do with THEIR body?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Are you saying it's ok to shove people in the minority aside now?

Not at all. Just that you should educate yourself as to what you're actually talking about. It's obvious when someone is basing their thoughts on cannabis on the close-to 100 years of lies that have been told up to this point. The majority of Americans recognize them for the lies they are, but there are still people like Sessions who believe the attitudes they were taught in places like Alabama are true. When they couldn't be further from the truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Feds are definitely threatening to raid Cannabis Cup and I know at least three tents won't be there due to fear of a potential raid.

Take a realistic and long look at this, folks.

This is what fascism looks like. Using the federal government, as a tool, to quash and destroy the will and free choice of the American populace.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm as pro MJ and pro choice on it, as they come, but it's not realistic to suggest smoking anything has no ill effects..however slight they may be.
Just about everything we enjoy can have a negative effect, while at the same time have positive effects..it's about balance.

Well what are they?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The cannabis cup would be fine if they did it like adults. But they don't. I've been to one- naked and nearly naked people wearing pot leaves for clothes- retarded millennials all f#cked up on moly and ecstasy - shrooms and even paper acid are abundant-
It's basically a frat party.

Am against it? No!
But I am against people getting wadded up and put on display as "supporters/representatives" .
You end looking like the idiot who shoots himself in the foot.
Class things up a little bit, and you'll get a lot farther.

I see this the same as sex.
You have traditional people who have sex with their partners only.
And you have swingers....

Whatever you prefer should be YOUR choice.
Just don't force it on anyone else.

edit on 322017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
its a shame when the government would rather make money incarcerating small time "criminals" than establish a public market for one of the most harmless substances on the street. leave the pot heads alone, there are human traffickers, serial murderers and rapists who deserve those cells more.
edit on 2-3-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Common sense dictate's smoke in your lungs will have "some" effect or leave some residue..I'm on your side my friend.
My co-worker has such a raking cough from his constant use, he doesn't understand moderation.
edit on 2-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Aren't NA's sovereign on their own soil?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Reluctantly I revisited this thread to catch up.

Unfortunately many people here didn't seem to comprehend that I was sincerely giving them advice to HELP their cause. (Although I always allow for the possibility that I didn't explain myself properly).

I will say though that the defensive nature of some of the replies is very telling (to me).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join