It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions ignorant comments regarding cannabis.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake You can cherry pick which studies on weed justifies your argument. I suppose a person could develop a greater lung capacity by smoking a crack pipe or smoking a blunt filled with all natural maple leaves, still doesn't address the issue of inhaling carcinogenic filled smoke in to your lungs, any sort of smoke inhaled is toxic for the lungs. There is not enough research yet on the short and long term effects of smoking pot like there is with tobacco. What are the parameters defining short term and long term pot use anyways?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
S essions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose
Love it! Sessions may end up getting Flynned and the marijuana industry could dodge a bullet.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yup! Hemp was actually one of the crops grown by the original settlers before the USA was even incepted.

Hemp was well known to colonial Americans, but not for the same reason the plant would make headlines more than two centuries later. Today's debate, which centers on the legalization of marijuana, is not the first time that cannabis has captured the attention of the nation. For thousands of 18th-century Americans, from humble, middling farmers to large planters like Byrd, Beverley and Jefferson, the ability of cannabis to intoxicate was incidental. They were instead interested in a trait they considered far more valuable.

Hemp fibers are exceptionally strong and durable, and in an era before science could do better, that made this a commodity worth growing.

Hemp was among the first plants humans cultivated. Ancient Chinese pottery bearing impressions from hemp rope suggest its use 5,000 years ago and possibly more than twice that long. Credit for this long-term relationship belongs to hemp's many applications: thread, cordage, cloth, paper, food and, yes, intoxication.

Recently I read an article (NatGeo?) about how cannabis and humans evolved TOGETHER in a symbiotic relationship. Sessions is obviously a relic from the "Reefer Madness" days, 'shooting up the pot' or some ridiculous and utterly ignorant misconception. And I'll never forget how he "joked" about the KKK: paraphrasing: I thought they were okay until I found out some of them smoke marijuana.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

There is not enough research yet on the short and long term effects of smoking pot like there is with tobacco.

Incorrect. There is enough research. And there are at least 5,000 years of human history to go along with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well put and good posts Buzzy

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As a Trump supporter I will say I am against this.

a reply to: RomeByFire

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

There is more at stake here than just someone taking your dope away from you, Which isn't going to happen anyway.

The government desires a dumbed down herd of mindless zombies. The extra revenue to blow on taking care of them all is a bonus too. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Who is telling falsehoods? George Soros is pushing legalization. One has to wonder why, when it's been known for decades that it affects short term memory and DNA. THC accumulates in the fatty tissues of the brain. Soros wants the dumbing down of the populace to make them more passive and pliable forbtakwovee by the NWO.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Who is telling falsehoods? George Soros is pushing legalization. One has to wonder why, when it's been known for decades that it affects short term memory and DNA. THC accumulates in the fatty tissues of the brain. Soros wants the dumbing down of the populace to make them more passive and pliable forbtakwovee by the NWO.

What does it matter to you, what consenting adults do with their body, in their time, with their resources, in their own home?

If it bothers you that much, perhaps you should move to a more authoritarian nation.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I focus my outrage at ALL of the government when it comes to pot. ALL of the government drops the ball regularly when it comes to the plant and it isn't just Congress' fault. Yes, this includes Obama too. But it also includes your homeslice Sessions.

So why have neither you nor the OP ever started any threads or posted about Obama failing to change MJ laws?

Hypocrisy.

Take your petty partisan-BS to some other thread - not mine.

Your ignorance is appalling and I'll remember all to but ignore any/all of your comments from here on out.

I HAVE made threads regarding exactly what you claim I haven't.

Heres one.

And another one.

As much as I would love to scour through my history of posts to appease your ignorant attitude, I have better things to do.

Get rekt mate

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
a reply to: RomeByFire The push for the legalization of weed at the state and federal levels is part of the process of the dumbing down of America, also making it easier to control buzzed sheeple. For those of you who grew up in the 70's and are capable of remembering, there was quite a bit of drug induced "malaise" during the Carter administration. I remember back in the day people would ask, "Do you do drugs as a result of personal problems, or do you have personal problems as a result of doing drugs?" BTW, how can it be healthy to inhale marijuana smoke, it damages the lungs just like tobacco smoke does.

I wasn't alive in the 70's, nor the 80's, so I can't relate.

I have two college degrees and I burned a stoogie on my way to class every day.

Since you want to pull the "it's because of safety," card - where's your outrage regarding alcohol? It's correlation to rape? Murder? Drinking and driving?

I can tell you clearly don't understand the topic, because as I mentioned - certain CBD's don't contain psychoactive substances and aren't smoked.

You have no idea what you're shooting your voicebox off about.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

S essions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose
Love it! Sessions may end up getting Flynned and the marijuana industry could dodge a bullet.

At this point, the clock appears to be ticking.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The thing is, alcohol especially, is deadly. If you don't believe me you're delusional or just denying basic facts.

This ^^^^^^^!!!!!!!

Marijuana prohibition needs to end, adults can make their own decisions on what they put in to their bodies.

I'm sick of old men deciding what is good and bad for me, so over it. Alcohol is sold grocery stores, it's everywhere and easily accessible. Thousand of people die every year from addiction, overdose and alcohol related deaths; yet it's still legal and it should be.

There would be thousands of new jobs created from recreational legalization, not to mention the tax revenue.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Incorrect. There is enough research. And there are at least 5,000 years of human history to go along with it.

There has been an informal longitudinal study done by literally millions of college students over the past 70 years or so (or longer) that has failed to come up with any danger significant enough to gain notoriety. If people were dropping dead from this stuff or turning into psychotic killing machines, I think we probably would have heard something about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Alcohol if it wasn't protected by the alcohol lobby would be a schedule 1 drug. I guarantee it.

Nice when we can agree on things...
From what I understand a hangover is basically just withdraw symptom's.
Much like all other schedule 1 drugs(except cannabis).
Yet no one seems to acknowledge this.

This is one of the of grievances I have with the current administration. I knew before Trump was elected this issue would create a conflict of interests within his cabinet and in general. He said it should be a state issue but the neo-cons of the world still have yet to be shown the light. Unlike many here I believe Sessions to be a decent human being and much like how Dr. Sanjay Gupta changing his stance on cannabis when given the proper information. I believe Sessions will come around to the fact that viewing cannabis as an illicit drug is an old way of thinking...

That or we will all go back to growing and selling for the black market...
Making 5X the profits!
His choice...
edit on 2-3-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You have more hope than most then. Sessions has been an outspoken anti-pot person for a LONG time and was literally the worst person to be put in charge of the AG for marijuana legalization. Though if even Sessions can't stand against the momentum, then that shows just how real the support for legalization.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I guess I missed that, can you post a link for me?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire I think it is more about health and well being than safety, and I'm not talking about hemp, just weed that contains THC.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The war on drugs was the experiment... all of them were legal before the pollution of "morals" getting mixed up ethics in society for one thing: control; with control comes industry and with industry it becomes capital. So what are people trying to capitalize on? One's body not heir own... such is slavery.

Countries and governments drew these imaginary lines for countries and governments to control the people in them to have them bend on kneee and do to their will for wha purpose? Greed, control of resources and the people and labor required so they can live comfortably.

China? All of it is legal and in the U.S. all of it used to be legal as well. The U.S. is built on these things, alcohol used to be the number one drink from all of the apples and then tea was the import that was seen as the luxury coming into port from the British to hide the trade to export apple cider to the British... then it was rum runners and pirates trying to control ports and commdities flying flags for and against alligence, they had both aboard mind you when in alligence raise this flag, when in waters raise this one in stealth of the trade.

This still goes in in drug and human trafficking to this day... and there is no mention of it in the blind eye of control the oh if I don't know or think about it; it does not exist and if it does then it's someone else's problem and the bucks keep getting passed over and under the table.

Who loses? We all do in such experiments... so of course oh it's those at fault, when one says: "Think about the children" which children does one decide to stop at? Pestilence says thanks for forgetting about our children so here's some disease... etc. etc. life happens inside and outside of the body. How one keeps their "inner" temple? Well it can either look like paradise or one of doom. Hidden thoughts can make for a whole lot of ugly and horror, and if someone sees it outside then what part of them on the inside knows it?

What did that experience teach them?

A lawn mower can sound like a helicopter depending on perspective and can chop just the same... how great we want to take care of the internal and external is a reflection that requires a constant polish.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join