It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Things I'd like to see from President Trump.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
1 - If you are going to constantly spend time away from the amazing home that we the American people pay for, for you, on a routine basis, you should pay the cost of travel and expenses for yourself, your entourage, and your secret service personal. This should include the costs of logistics as well as the cost of "borrowing" all government owned resources (vehicles, computer/security equipment, etc).

2 - If your family members are going to travel internationally and incur expenses due to secret service to do so, you should pay for this.

3 - If you want a "wall", why in the world are you even considering a physical wall? It's been discussed here (myself and others) that technology can readily replace a physical wall. Just look to Area 51 for inspiration. Motion/tremor detectors, scent detectors, heat detectors, drones, etc. The thought of this needing to be a physical wall is thinking that is mired in physicality and antiquated. Antiquated in approach and functionality.

4 - I personally could care less what you earn, President Trump. However, just as you asked for Obama's birth certificates in the name of transparency, there is no reason why you should not readily offer up your tax documents as well. We as the American public deserve transparency.

Now, I am not anti nor pro President Trump. I have always felt that our system is a sad joke where we are expected to be happy with choosing the lesser of two evils. Both Trump and Clinton were amazingly painful to even consider. However, we have what we have. We also have a situation where people are *VERY* unhappy with the state of things here in America. Race. Politics. Freedom. Prosperity. These are the things we're all unhappy about.

President Trump, please do the things I've pointed out above.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I'd like to see him take off that hair piece.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

All I want is more free stuff at some one else's expense!

Obama handed out free phones.
I want a Trump Truck! A Toyota Trump Truck, made by 'Muricans in 'Murica!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

I'm sure you'll be taken seriously once you take yourself seriously.

Look, laugh all you want. I can tell you along with many others are unhappy. So why not stick to the issues?

Unless you're happy at the children's table. We adults would love to have you join us.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It's responses like this that leave me without a doubt as to why our country is where it is today, and has the problems it has today.

edit on 1-3-2017 by FHomerK because: Idiots.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

In my opinion...

1. It is part of the POTUS job description to travel and he/she is afforded that which is deemed necessary and suitable for that purpose.

2. FLOTUS and offspring are likewise afforded special privileges..the wife & offspring of the POTUS and their safety is paramount in maintaining a stable environment for POTUS. As the representatives of America, this is money well spent, as long as it's not exploited and is fully accountable as being for US government business and interests. Personally, whether D or R, their protection is crucial and they are part of the whole package when POTUS is elected.

3. Israel built a wall, terrorist attacks and border penetration virtually stopped in it's tracks and have remained that way ever since. The wall is being built because illegal immigration policies have failed and a physical barrier is a best-guarantee undertaking to curtail what many see as an out-of-control penetration by undesirables whilst actual citizens suffer with homelessness, joblessness, no money in savings and a host of other priorities that take precedence over paying for illegal immigrants - America is broke and dusty and needs to restructure priorities.

4. He should release his tax returns, no questions asked.

Trumps intention to spend big on military, pull out/re-sign international trade deals, bring jobs and manufacturing back to US soil, eliminate nation building and build long overdue international relations and generally stimulate growth, both domestically and internationally is something I'm keen to see to fruition.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

You neglected your "TRUCK FUMP" flag, and oh look, over there, a woman supporting Trump.. go punch her, or at the very least throw eggs at her.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Whenever I start reading on of "these" threads, I try to replace every mentioning of Trump/Republicans/Obama/Democrats/etc. with "A", "B" and so on, to keep my opinion unbiased.
And then I read again what was written.

Is it reasonable to ask a president "Q" to work from the white house? Sure.

And so on.

It keeps the emotions at bay.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
1. It is part of the POTUS job description to travel and he/she is afforded that which is deemed necessary and suitable for that purpose.

Yes, it is the responsibility that the President travel. However, I feel that President Trump is right now basically saying "I don't like the White House, so I'm going to my house in Florida". That is what the White House is for. 2-3 times a year? Sure. Every weekend for a month straight, when there is no need other than his own personal whim? No.

This is travel that is not necessary to the job, it is because he "wants" to do it. Well, I "want" a job right now but don't have one. I "want" my car repaired, but I cannot pay to do it at the moment.

He does not have carte blanche in an expense account paid for by the public. He is answerable to expenses, just as any employee of his is expected to be answerable for their own expenses while on business.

Remember, this is business.

2. FLOTUS and offspring are likewise afforded special privileges..the wife & offspring of the POTUS and their safety is paramount in maintaining a stable environment for POTUS. As the representatives of America, this is money well spent, as long as it's not exploited and is fully accountable as being for US government business and interests. Personally, whether D or R, their protection is crucial and they are part of the whole package when POTUS is elected.

So, what do we do when the first Mormon President (with a Mormon sized family) that are all involved with international business? Do we have to foot the bill for all of them to go world wide with a secret service entourage?

Yes, a President needs his family protected, and this is not a partisan issue at all. However, there is a huge difference between personal responsibility and fleecing the american public. Of course President Trump's family should be protected. However, if on a routine and extreme basis in the cost to the US public, it needs to be curtailed. Just as it is in the business world. Just as it is in the business world.

3. Israel built a wall, terrorist attacks and border penetration virtually stopped in it's tracks and have remained that way ever since. The wall is being built because illegal immigration policies have failed and a physical barrier is a best-guarantee undertaking to curtail what many see as an out-of-control penetration by undesirables whilst actual citizens suffer with homelessness, joblessness, no money in savings and a host of other priorities that take precedence over paying for illegal immigrants - America is broke and dusty and needs to restructure priorities.

I fully agree that we need better immigration laws. What I do not agree with is the antiquated and inefficient approach of building a physical wall. A wall that can be tunneled under, and catapulted over. The technological approaches I suggested are already is widespread sue and with dramatic effect. Effect that would be remarkably more effective than what is being proposed.

4. He should release his tax returns, no questions asked.

Personally, I don't know what we could learn about him from his current tax documents. His rich. We know this. A week ago, I didn't care about his taxes.

Last week my wife pointed out that if Trump wanted Obama's birth certificate in the name of transparency, then he should do the same with his taxes. There should be no double standards, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

My wife and I don't see eye to eye on everything, but we respect and listen to each other. I am thankful she pointed this oversight of mine out to me.

Trumps intention to spend big on military, pull out/re-sign international trade deals, bring jobs and manufacturing back to US soil, eliminate nation building and build long overdue international relations and generally stimulate growth, both domestically and internationally is something I'm keen to see to fruition.

I agree with you on these issues as well

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hey, its not a problem as long as YOU are the one getting the free stuff and as long as YOU are not the one having to pay for other people's free stuff!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My life has not improved in the last month. No one pays for my grown kids to go around the world to make money. I have two grown kids with obamacare, one with diabetes and one with 8 kidney stones who needs at least two operations. They have both put off medical procedures and hope they can keep their jobs. One kid got laid off at the ammunitions plant because after Obama left and the democrats lost, people stopped hoarding bullets. So, there is one on UE benefits and SNAP. Which they will cut. This is just one month for my family. The future does not look good for the working class.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

These are all very nitpicking points. He's doing a fine job as it is. The tax return is so unimportant.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I can agree with your number three - there are far better alternatives than a physical wall (not including mining a "DMZ" like North Korea, unfortunately).

The rest are non-starters for me.

Security and Support for Kids and Spouses come with the job as President.
Good thing the guy doesn't have 15 wives, 200 kids and a thousand grandkids all living together as an extended family.

Congress gets unlimited, unbudgeted travel funds for international travel.

Tax returns don't matter without the entire set of Trump's enterprises, the family's returns - c'mon guys there's so many ways to transfer wealth tax free LEGALLY, I'm just not interested in another pud-stained-dress impeachment.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Hey, its not a problem as long as YOU are the one getting the free stuff and as long as YOU are not the one having to pay for other people's free stuff!

By free stuff do you mean "Money" as in obscene corporate subsidies with taxpayer dollars?

www.nytimes.com...

I doubt if trump will end that. He's a businessman remember?

And Trump should take his own advice and have his products manufactured in the USA. Also his daughters stuff could be made here as well.

edit on 1-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't like him, but I am not an american so, whateveeer, lmao.
But I really do hope I am wrong about him and he will do a good job.
My top 4 is:

1. Leave all other countries alone and focus on America and America only.
2. Make America better for their ciizins.
3. Stop making an idiot of himself on social media, it might make him seem as a better President.
4. Focus on creating jobs for all American citizens.

top topics

join