It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Have Found a Way to Delay Aging

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
And really all one has to do is follow a CRON (Calorie restrict with optimal nutrition) plan. A good whole plant-based nutrition plan will delay the aging process as well as prevent, treat and cure illness in many cases.

People go for this kind of stuff, much like weight loss and appetite suppressant diet pills, because it give you the easy way out. Not that I'm knocking the easy way, I'm always looking for that.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Crap, I should've ready a little further before my last comment. You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: soficrow

Great, now the Queen, David Rockefeller, Soros, and a bunch of other wealthy A holes will be around to **** up the times for even longer

Definitely. It certainly won't be available for us. It will cost 100 million dollars a shot and you will need written permission from the Rosthchilds to get it.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Market forces will drop the price for everyone eventually though. That's just how this kind of stuff works. Big Pharma will want everyone taking them as soon as possible for life and that means eventually making it cheap enough to get everyone on it.

That's if it's released to the public at all. If the Elites just want it for themselves then we'd just never see it released at all. But once public it's just a matter of time until we can all access it.

The problem though isn't if we can get it but do we need it?? I mean what happens when our population doubles and people are living to 150 years old?? That's a resource need 4x what it would have been. With 14 billion people (Double Population) living Double the normal lifespan (150 years) does anyone actually believe that would be possible for any length of time on this one planet???

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That's cool.

The entire health and fitness industry is so filled up with pseudo-science it's no wonder why people just give up and look to the quick fix!

There is so much information being thrown out there from so many different sources people just get overwhelmed, confused and frustrated.

I've had clients eliminating gluten because they read it was good for weight loss. Try to explain to that person that unless you are actually gluten intolerant it won't effect you either way.

This week sugar is the devil, next week it's okay. We have a whole generation of people who won't eat fresh fruit because it contains sugar. There are millions of people who won't eat after 7 PM because they believe their digestive system shuts down after a certain time of night. Uhm... hello... your digestive system doesn't know, nor does it care what time it is. If there's food there, it will be digested, hence your morning poop LOL!

People are taking fat inhibitors and wondering why their hair is falling out. People are taking supplements and vitamins that are loaded with binders and chemical agents and they're wondering why they develop liver disease.

Hey... if someone wants to just lose a bunch of weight and they don't care about their health than it simply comes down to calories in calories out. That's it. Anyone could lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies so long as their consuming less than they burn.

And milk???? don't even get me started...

I think I got off track and had a little rant there. Sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Plus what happens if you can't afford the next month's dose.. Do you catch up to your real age and die?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That would be crazy if it was a rapid change too. Like someone misses their daily dose and just ages 60 years in a matter of hours. You could sit and watch them grow in to an old person and die in the time you would watch a movie.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

My take?

It will be released to the public long enough to tweak, then withdrawn when they settle on the final iteration for the elites. The guinea pig testers will be on their own.

Great points about overpopulation, btw. ...I happen to think that organisms over-reproduce when they feel threatened, then stop when they're healthy and happy. Like African Violets.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I know exactly what you mean... I can eat fast food for breakfast, fast food for lunch, and 5 huge brownies between 5pm and 9pm and wake up 3 pounds lighter. My fiance can eat half a brownie in the morning, have a light lunch, and starve for supper, and wake up 2 pounds heavier. My body is weird. I can fluctuate 10 to 20 pounds a week no matter what I eat. I'm 6'2, 255 right now and by the end of this week, I could be as light as 235. I'm about 250 in my avatar.
edit on 27-2-2017 by LSU0408 because: Ugh, keep missing words today.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This is true they do slow down on reproducing when they have better living standards. But even then if we started having half the kids we are already having but living twice as long it pretty much breaks even again.

Plus, just living longer doesn't mean better living standards either. You might just live longer as a poor peon. In fact that might be their thinking after all. Give people the pill when they are young and strong having them more productive then when they eventually show signs of age at 80 or something stop giving them the drug and let them expire more quickly. More bang for your buck that way. Even that is only if people are still useful for something that is.

Either way I don't see the benefit over all. It just means more people for longer when we already have too damn many. Human life has practically no value anymore at this point. Most of us are just taking up space and resources or worse. Our labor is needed less and less so all we have are people consuming without producing anything of value.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That would be crazy if it was a rapid change too. Like someone misses their daily dose and just ages 60 years in a matter of hours. You could sit and watch them grow in to an old person and die in the time you would watch a movie.

It reminds me of "The Hunger" movie:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That makes me think of The Last Crusade where Indiana Jones's foe chose poorly...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Screw the side effects. What about the direct effects???

I'm just curious, exactly how many GD people does everyone think should be living on this planet at one time??? Because apparently 7 billion just isn't enough for some people. They won't be happy until there are so many people that we've wiped out all natural food and fresh water along with every other resource and we begin to eat each other and drink the blood of those we kill and build shelter from their bones and skin.

WTF is wrong with people???

Oh thats when we legally start having lotteries to get rid of and use the extra meat(iow people) Just make the fastest breeding population the food source.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

wrong, it absolutely is the case, but most people eat for pleasure and are incapable of disciplining themselves enough to see the benefits...

There are studies that show that just a fasting regime of eating the same amount one would normally eat in a 24 hour period, but in stead all crammed into a 1 hour per 24 period gives all the benefits of a 30% reduction in caloric intake and an increased maximum life expectancy of up to 74%. Add caloric restriction and a nutrition packed diet and there's no telling how much you could slow aging and increase longevity.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
We already have too many adults that never grew up. Why would we want to have a bunch of old people running around and getting in trouble? Take away the aging and you take away wisdom.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
something about messing with the mitochondria just freaks me out.

Either way though this is pretty amazing. Science is sooo cool!

-Alee

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Let's concentrate on the other way in your article, NAD being able to slow aging. Add that to the protective properties on the mitochondria by NAC and you have cells that are resistant to having mutations. NAC forms a kind of fat within the cell that is a potent antioxidant within the cell. I think it is called Glutathione or something like that.. But I have to note that too much NAC if you already cancer can protect the cancer too. Glutathione and NAC have a relationship and also have a relationship with NAD.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

en.wikipedia.org... Note that in this article, the ative form of vitamin D, Calcitriol, is needed in this reaction to do things. Calcitriol is found in potatoes, it can cause some problems if you eat too many. Eat them there potatoes every week.

Next, I have to tell you about NAD, how can we form this naturally, in chicken soup or beef soups is a good way. If you take ten drops of hot sauce in the soup, just a little, and keep the temp of the boiling soup below two hundred degrees which can be done by adding some veggies while boiling it with the meat, it can create NAD and retain any NAC that is naturally in raw meat because the sulfide bond on the NAC does not deteriorate. Here is an article on NAD. note in the section "The role of Vitamin B3 and nicotinamide" it talks about boiling to form the compound in this article. www.realnatural.org... The hot sauce contains NAD when boiled, but you can just toss a dried chili pepper in there too.

So properly making homemade soups can keep you young and healthy but remember, too much is too much. You only have to make it once a week, having it for a couple of meals is enough. I use soups to control my epilepsy, it is my main medicine and I have to eat it about four days a week for at least one meal in those days. I have good luck with it for treating my TLE. I make chicken soup, beef soup, and fish soup. The pea soup does not help my epilepsy, in fact it does the opposite, but I make it occasionally just to eat when we have a ham bone..

If you eat homemade soup once a day for a month, and watch your carbs, you can easily lose weight in that month. I have no clue why it works but it does. I lost fifteen pounds doing that and I felt better at the end of the month. But since I have hypoglycemia, eating soup actually opens the cells and it increases the use of glucose by cells which quickly lowers my sugar. I have to watch it, it would probably help people that are insulin resistant though, but remember, diabetic meds do the same thing, so it might cause hypoglycemia if you are on meds.

The SKQ1 in the article is related to this chemical. en.wikipedia.org... Note at the bottom, it is related to Q10. Q10 production in the body is reduced when taking Statin Drugs, it is one of the normal side effects of the drug. With Statins, Vitamin D proper synthesis can be a problem too. And human squalene production is also reduced and that is needed for fighting stuff like viruses.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread from the original pointed out part to the secondary information trail.
edit on 27-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
something about messing with the mitochondria just freaks me out.

Either way though this is pretty amazing. Science is sooo cool!

-Alee

We mess with the Mitochondria every day with the food we eat. Food chemistries interact with every cell. I look for alternative ways to do things, ways to adjust the diet to keep healthy. Main stream dietary teachers need to do more research on this stuff, what they are pushing as good is not always good. I have evaluated a lot of these things that are said to extend life, but most often they actually eventually up the risk of getting cancer. If cells get too old before they split, there is sometimes more mutations.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I could see it used for space travel..... I could see people like Dr.Hawkings being given an extended life span.

But I have grown cynical in my old age..... I know who will be given extended lifespans...just another way to seperate the haves...from the have nots

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Even though it kinda got sidetracked, very interesting post Ricky! You need to start a thread about it!

I, too, think the implications for space travel could be interesting. My hope is that we WILL start to colonize other worlds in the future, so overpopulation on Earth won't be an issue. Set a limit on how many people our planet can comfortably sustain, and ship everyone else off, lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join