It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Have Found a Way to Delay Aging

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yet no one noticed the aging mice were only 200 days old?

I've had a pet mouse for 5 years with no such physical symptoms such as alopecia and only little stiffness. I'm suspicious about the mice used in this study. And NO I'm NOT kidding.

Are there breeds of mice that age in less than 1/2 the normal time out there?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

I've had a pet mouse for 5 years with no such physical symptoms such as alopecia and only little stiffness. I'm suspicious about the mice used in this study. And NO I'm NOT kidding.

lol. Your mouse was very old in mice years.

...the average mouse lifespan is only about 12 months outdoors, indoors, this number can climb to 2 to 3 years.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Tell us your secret super food you feed the mouse!

I don't look at this as the end of the world omg overpopulation.
I look at it and think, people should not be able to retire if they live forever. Would really mess up pensions, SS and such.

The new retirement would be something like take a year off work every 20 years.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Hey, I'm sixty one years old.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
And really all one has to do is follow a CRON (Calorie restrict with optimal nutrition) plan. A good whole plant-based nutrition plan will delay the aging process as well as prevent, treat and cure illness in many cases.

Why not both?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't think I've ever heard that before. Guess I get something fun to look into tonight.

Thanks man, cool!

-Alee

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Looks like it has been available for some time in the eye drop form (Visomitin) for cataracts.

Molecule

In 2004, a new substance called SkQ1 was synthesized in the group of professor Vladimir P. Skulachev in the Moscow State University. ” The name SkQ1 was given to the substance as the first representative of a particularly potent class of molecules named “SkQ” – the term introduced by the team to describe molecules containing ion Sk an a quinone.

A part of SkQ1 coined “Skulachev ion” or Sk functions as a molecular “locomotive” or “towing truck” carrying the other part of the molecule – an extremely active antioxidant plastoquinone – into mitochondria. Both theoretical calculations and experimental results showed that SkQ1 is delivered into mitochondria in an extremely targeted and efficient manner. The physics of mitochondrial membrane and the unusual properties of “Skulachev ions” direct SkQ1 into the inner leaflet of the inner mitochondrial membrane with high precision.

Molecule

Presence of SkQ1 in mitochondrial membrane enables mitochondria to protect itself from reactive oxygen species (ROS) by breaking chain reaction of lipid destruction. This ability of our molecule to protect cells against oxidative stress plays a very important role in treating patients suffering from various age-related disorders such as cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative disorders and various ophthalmic conditions.

But our technology does not end there. Developing methods for effective delivery of mitochondrially addressed antioxidants into organism is another challenging task. Mitotech successfully solved this complex problem for a variety of therapeutic areas and designed several SkQ1-based pharmaceutical products going through various stages of clinical development.

www.kalinka-store.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't think I've ever heard that before. Guess I get something fun to look into tonight.

Thanks man, cool!

-Alee

The best way to delay aging is quit having birthday parties or acknowledging that you are getting older. My kids keep trying to remind us that we are a year older every year, it sucks.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

What do you mean? why not both what?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I think he means why not healthy living AND pharmaceutical help.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Seems it is immortal ..

Sorry for that The house mouse has a life expectancy of 2 to 3 years. Three years of mouse is equal to 100 year man. There are mouse age calculators available on the internet, You can check that also.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join