It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New mayor of Baghdad wants to build statue of Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So someone posted a blog about someone saying that someone else told him that...that's really credible dg. This is coming from someone who doesn't believe anything said by anyone normally (unless of course it makes George look bad).

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This story has made the circles in different websites. I wouldnt blame those people. Sure, they want something better for themselves, dont get me wrong...but they also want to eat.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In response to dh...

Fair enough. Depends on the message you would want to be displaying. In this case the Mayor was attempting to symbolize freedom and hope for the future. Following that same logic the children are the future of a country and soldiers did help free them from tyranny of Saddam.

If you were serious at making such a work of art with body parts I would be sure to make the piece a timeline of death and destruction from Saddam's reign to the present. Be sure to include death of Iraqi Citizens by Saddam, Coalitions, and Insurgents. After all we want to display the true struggle of the people of Iraq. The piece would probably end up in a museum.

Personally, I'd rather be optimistic and display the statue of the child and soldier.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i dont think it'd be a good idea to put up a statue maybe wait but it'd still probally come down. As people have said statues give alot of emotion and symbolism and a statue of bush would just anger terrorists and give them a target.The soldier and the child is a nice idea though even though that might come down too.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
one thing is for sure......

if we put Bush on a horse statue in Iraq....then we know it will have all the horses feet on the ground....because Bush is just so brave.

If you see a statue with a horse and has 2 feet in the air...the person died in battle 1 foot in the air die from his wounds in battle, and all feet on the ground .... you guessed it...died of natural cause...so Bush I'm sure will sit comfortably on the horse I'm sure

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join