It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New mayor of Baghdad wants to build statue of Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That's right. The new mayor is so grateful for the new-found freedoms enjoyed by himself and others that he wants to build a statue of G.W. Bush in downtown Baghdad - because, in the mayor's words, "Bush stands for freedom".

Article

[edit on 1/31/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That is classic!
And who says their government is not legitimate.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sounds good to me, may I recommend it be a statue of Bush kicking Saddam in the gonads?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
it never occurred to us that a puppet government of the U.S. would be put in place in Iraq....?

Your undying loyalty to BushCo. is touching, dear Centurion....or should I say...touched?

Excuse me while I

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i guess they just have to carve bushes face on the old sadam statue

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
... and the Mayor also said this:

Fadel acknowledged that many in his country appear ungrateful for America's foreign assistance. He said most Iraqis are still in "shock" over the changes, and need time to adjust.

Any public monument to Bush is likely to further incense terrorist forces, who have attacked American troops and their supporters for months.

Fadel said he is undaunted.

Sounds like an untried recipe. Undaunted Fadel, unfazed Bush, more "incense", more propaganda, more death and destruction. This Mayor will not see out the year.

"Bush the liberator" statue???? Nah.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When Bush's statue is finished, the people will have to pray to it

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:15

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think Iraq has had enough of the whole statue thing IMO .If they really want to build one I think one should be built to honor the Iraqie voters and those that gave their lives trying to use that new right.

We have to remember there might be alot of Iraqie statue builders out of work now since they cant build Saddam ones anymore.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't think they should build a statue to Bush yet...maybe in 10 or 20 years. I did see some Kurd family interviewed a long time ago on TV that named like all 10 or so of their kids (boys and girls) George Bush after George H.W. Bush because of the first Gulf War.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
IMHO, let the freely elected government of Iraq do as it wishes. If they want to build one, then so be it. If they decided to tear it down later, so be it. One things for sure, won't see none of those Saddam statues anywhere to be found, huh?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
IMHO, let the freely elected government of Iraq do as it wishes.

Right, like request that the U.S. armed forces get out of dodge. Not gonna happen!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Right, like request that the U.S. armed forces get out of dodge. Not gonna happen!

When exactly did the new Iraqie Goverment ask them to leave? I must have missed that.

"The U.S. administrator of Iraq told regional officials Friday that the United States would leave Iraq if requested to do so by the new Iraqi government"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sure why not, Iraq is free who cares about the dead Iraqis and U.S. troops. Bush did it all

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I wonder for how long that statue will be standing... Probably not for very long since statues express and symbol so much sometimes. If there are any terrorists left, and there will be, then they'll probably use some explosives to get rid of it, wouldn't suprise me. Anyone remember the Taliban regime blowing up the Buddha statues? Could have been another religion to, but they blew up a pair of big statues.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hrm, putting up a monument to the man who helped put a price on your head and created more infighting in your country than the previous dictators? Thats like thanking the judge after he sentences you to a ride on Ole Sparky. There are far more sensible ways to show pseudo-gratitude I would think, like trade deals, etc instead of putting up one big target that will act like a magnet for explosives and bullets.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
When exactly did the new Iraqie Goverment ask them to leave? I must have missed that.

"The U.S. administrator of Iraq told regional officials Friday that the United States would leave Iraq if requested to do so by the new Iraqi government"

And you really believe that because why? It's on the MSNBC website? Your government has a track record for being honest and forthright? C'mon, help me see the light that you see.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

And you really believe that because why? It's on the MSNBC website? Your government has a track record for being honest and forthright? C'mon, help me see the light that you see.

MSNBC is considered a reliable source...do you have any reliable source with contradictory information? If not, then you are just engaged in your own idle speculation/conspiracy theorizing.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well atleast that some evidence, I have yet to see any that suggest the new Iraqie goverment asked the coalition to leave.

Please feel free to add some to back up your claims of a "request that the U.S. armed forces get out of dodge"

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How many more you want, Dr Love? I mean gee, nothing is set in permanent stone is it? Time schedules can change based on a wide variety of reasons, correct?

Minister: Troops Out in 18 Months
U.S. troops out of Iraq within next 18 months? Interior minister believes new government can handle security situation by mid 2006

I guess in the end, only time will tell, eh?

seekerof

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think this is great. It is another shining example of George's impact on the world. Pigeons in the middle east now have a new crapping post.

On a side note, pigeons in Afghanistan were protesting in the streets over the lack of a bush statue of their own.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join