It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 200 Inauguration Day protesters indicted for rioting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A Federal Grand Jury has indicted 214 people for rioting during the Jan 20th inauguration.

Prosecutors even mentioned black-bloc and masking identities.

Guess it was worth it eh.

More than 200 Inauguration Day protesters indicted for rioting

A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, indicted a total of 214 people Tuesday in connection with the January 20 demonstration which drew thousands of protesters to downtown Washington as Trump was being sworn in.

The prosecutors alleged that those indicted used “black bloc” tactics, causing violence and attempting to disguise their identities by covering their faces.

According to the indictment, some protesters were armed with hammers, crowbars, bricks, rocks, flares, firecrackers and other explosive devices.

CNN story

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great, now the left will be rioting about the 'mass arrests' taking place.

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It will come out in the case transcripts, but Id heard there were improvised explosive devices as well that were discovered. Protest all you want, but riot and get slammed. When you care so little about others safety and the actual issue youre upset about that youd riot... you dont have a place in a protest. Unfortunately with all the calls for violence from certain factions, it is inevitable that it will get worse and younger folks who arent as smart will be caught up in the nonsense of the moment.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I hope they get real fines and sentences, probably not but one can hope. At least fines, that they won't pay in protest. Then comes the warrants!!!

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I just found this in the comments:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Bloody great news! Im an advocate for peaceful protesting but these were rioting and planned attacks, look at what they had planned for the Deploraball bloody butyric acid attack!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL, great illustration. I'd like to see one with liberals denouncing the rich and powerful, then showing the main stream media, "Owned and Controlled by the rich and powerful". Liberals are sock puppets of the elites, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I did do a whole thread along those lines.

Behold, liberal kryptonite:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't know why I try ... but ...

... y'all do know that the "black bloc" types are not your standard tree-hugging snowflakes ... right?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

... y'all do know that the "black bloc" types are not your standard tree-hugging snowflakes ... right?

Then those of you who are responsible types should be making threads and hitting social media denouncing these things.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Great, now the left will be rioting about the 'mass arrests' taking place.

Go figure.

Let the cycle snowball until there are no more.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Good , lock em all up and fine the hell out of them to cover the costs .

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Were these protestors held in jail the past 32 days?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Then those of you who are responsible types should be making threads and hitting social media denouncing these things.

I've just been back a couple of days ... but I've made statements about the ANTIFA and Black Bloc groups in several threads.

And I've long made the statement that violence, in pursuit of political control, is always wrong.

And finally, not to put too fine an edge on it, who are you to tell me or anyone what to make threads about?

You've been reminiscing for days about your heartbreak over the failure of journalism, but I've never seen you once call out Fox News or the rest of the echo chamber ... why not? If you feel so passionately about the sanctity of journalism ...

Don't throw rocks from your glass porch.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow...that turned ugly fast. No surprise there. I just offered a sensible suggestion before more get hurt. I'm not a repub, I have hollered about FOX. However, these days, they are the most truthful out there.

edit on 22-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Every thread you enter, you find someone to make a personal attack on or make snarky remarks to. This post will probably get tossed, but hopefully you will read it before it does. How about just add some substance without the personal barbs.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

There a LOT of us on here who arent towing the party lines and are well aware that the dems protesters are being infiltrated. Problem is, the Dems wont admit its the ones in positions of power who are enabling and encouraging the infiltration. Black Bloc anarchists dont work for free ya know. Hell, I want protest, but he dems are being useful idiots to the loony left. Same with the far right. Many of us already broke the hell out of our glass houses, and expect others to do the same. I dont have balls, so I have to say you have to have the intestinal fortitude to do it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Wow...that turned ugly fast. No surprise there. I just offered a sensible suggestion before more get hurt. I'm not a repub, I have hollered about FOX. However, these days, they are the most truthful out there.

No more ugly than your suggestion that if I'm not authoring threads on a subject that I'm somehow hypocritical.

No, there's little surprise in discovering that folks don't always practice what they preach.

And as a matter of fact, publications and blogs across the country have identified these rogue elements as a negative influence on the marches and protests.

Fox is the most truthful out there? LOL. Right. So I didn't miss the mark by much.

You're okay with shoddy journalism ... so long as it matches your own ideologies.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Every thread you enter, you find someone to make a personal attack on or make snarky remarks to. This post will probably get tossed, but hopefully you will read it before it does. How about just add some substance without the personal barbs.

Queen, I certainly have, in the past, taken a more direct approach. However, after long reflection, I have realized that political and partisan BS is just that.

How about this as an agreement; I'll work harder to limit the personal snark if you will. Surely you don't see yourself as free from that particular curse ... do you?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
People, Liberals, and anarchist are not the same things, you are so quick to toss out 'leftist slurs' that you remain ignorant

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join