It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 200 Inauguration Day protesters indicted for rioting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I don't know why I try ... but ...

... y'all do know that the "black bloc" types are not your standard tree-hugging snowflakes ... right?

Then those of you who are responsible types should be making threads and hitting social media denouncing these things.

I made that suggestion once right here on ATS. To my surprise, I was told that "denouncing" is cult-like and ritualistic. I kid you not.

Note to OP: Bottom link not working.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
a reply to: Gryphon66

There a LOT of us on here who arent towing the party lines and are well aware that the dems protesters are being infiltrated. Problem is, the Dems wont admit its the ones in positions of power who are enabling and encouraging the infiltration. Black Bloc anarchists dont work for free ya know. Hell, I want protest, but he dems are being useful idiots to the loony left. Same with the far right. Many of us already broke the hell out of our glass houses, and expect others to do the same. I dont have balls, so I have to say you have to have the intestinal fortitude to do it.

Well, the first question that occurs to me is how do you know that they are all "Dem" protesters? If, as you say, you and others have shaken off the "us/them" yoke, then why is it that anyone who disagrees with Trump or the Republicans are therefore "Dems'?

You're suggesting that the DNC is paying the Black Bloc infiltrators? Okay, any evidence?

And of course, there it is. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot.

As far as your tacit suggestion that I drop my partisanship ... already done. And you're absolutely right on that issue.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Wow...that turned ugly fast. No surprise there. I just offered a sensible suggestion before more get hurt. I'm not a repub, I have hollered about FOX. However, these days, they are the most truthful out there.

Indeed they are, GUT. Sometimes I feel compelled to follow up with additional research if something feels a bit off, but in general, I, too, find Fox to be steps ahead of the others.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
People, Liberals, and anarchist are not the same things, you are so quick to toss out 'leftist slurs' that you remain ignorant

Good luck getting that point across.

Most here don't even know what "leftist" actually means.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Wow...that turned ugly fast. No surprise there. I just offered a sensible suggestion before more get hurt. I'm not a repub, I have hollered about FOX. However, these days, they are the most truthful out there.

Indeed they are, GUT. Sometimes I feel compelled to follow up with additional research if something feels a bit off, but in general, I, too, find Fox to be steps ahead of the others.

Is there any chance that's because Fox's biases match your own?

I say this with full knowledge that I can accept CNN for the same reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

In my case. I don't watch them much, but they are more balanced. Could be because President Trump isn't really a true Republican. He's an outsider.

CNN has no excuse. Like you.

How about all those violent rioters, though, eh? The ones you help inflame with rhetoric, but are probably too afraid of to denounce as not representative of your ailing party.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
How typical.

Some folks who view themselves as "right wing" (often while denying that they are) love to stroke the snark at others, but fall silent (or accusatory) when someone, sadly usually like me, gives it back to them.

You all know, particularly the ones that I bother to engage with in more than two word quips that not all Democrats, all liberals, all progressives, all leftists are the same. And yet, time after time you make these broad sweeping statements about what you think "the left" is doing ... and it's absurd, and more than that it's DIVISIVE.

Anyone who started violence is in the wrong. Whatever their personal ideology. I've said this, most of the other's that usually get tagged as "Left" on here (usually inaccurately) have said this, and yet, some of you whom I know are more intelligent than the average sycophant repeat these catch-phases over and over ... and when you get called on it, well, that's just another liberal trying to quell your free speech.

I spent two months reading here and not speaking. I noticed that more often than not, many that I thought of as partisan or dull-witted acolytes REALLY weren't ... at least, not 100% of the time.

We're all just people. More than that, we're all Americans.

Let's start acting like it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

People, Liberals, and anarchist are not the same things, you are so quick to toss out 'leftist slurs' that you remain ignorant

Wrong.

We know, you just don't like the definition as a fellow leftist.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Maybe we'll act like it when leftists start differentiating between legal and illegal immigrant, or in other words, American and non-American.

That's part of your leftist problem. You act like non-Americans have equal to or more rights than Americans. Then you take questioning of illegals here as racism. Just nonsense. Pure drivel.
edit on 22-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes. Let's.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So, like I said, you should make a thread instead of badly losing debates and insult battles. You should do it on FB too if you have an account.

Start with this topic here and how the Dem party should distance itself from violence and the ignorance they show when asked why they are rioting. Otherwise...yaaawn.

edit on 22-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

In my case. I don't watch them much, but they are more balanced. Could be because President Trump isn't really a true Republican. He's an outsider.

CNN has no excuse. Like you.

How about all those violent rioters, though, eh? The ones you help inflame with rhetoric, but are probably too afraid of to denounce as not representative of your ailing party.

More balanced? Okay, that's your opinion and I can accept that you feel that way. To me, it's ludicrous.

And guess what? Your opinion doesn't carry any more weight than mine. We're both informed, cogent folks.

A more minor point but "Trump isn't a Republican?" Is that another opinion? He certainly registered and ran as one. He was elected as one.

I don't need an "excuse" for anything, and certainly not from you. What unmitigated pomposity!

We had a decent interchange the other day and I thought you, like myself, might have changed a bit on the extremist front.

Boy, was I mistaken. NO worries though, I won't waste my time any longer.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

... y'all do know that the "black bloc" types are not your standard tree-hugging snowflakes ... right?

We know.

They are tree-hugging snowflakes with grenades.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

So, like I said, you should make a thread instead of badly losing debates and insult battles. You should do it on FB too if you have an account.

Start with this topic here and how the Dem party should distance itself from violence and the ignorance they show when asked why they are rioting. Otherwise...yaaawn.

So, I've "lost" a debate because you declare it to be so? LOL. I didn't insult you, you decided to overstep your boundaries and you got pushed back. You didn't like it, so you started complaining.

The "Dem" party is not associated with violence in the minds of anyone not towing the Fox News/echo chamber line.

And if you had any honestly, you'd admit that.

Maybe it's the time of night; do you become more irascible as the evenings wear on?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

We know.

They are tree-hugging snowflakes with grenades.

And they're all alike, aren't they?

Anyone that doesn't toe your political line is your enemy?

Pfft.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Wrong.

We know, you just don't like the definition as a fellow leftist.

I don't like the "definition" because it's asinine, absurd and dishonest.

As are those who repeat empty platitudes.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Yes. Let's.

LOL.

Okay. Let's.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Agreed.

Illegal immigrants suddenly mean legal immigrants in their minds. They spout on day and night how "America is full of immigrants, it's what we are" but fail to distinguish the difference between ILLEGAL immigrants and legal ones. But if you believe immigration laws should apply, then you are RACIST!!!

This is how they perpetually twist things around in order to create a plethora of boogeymen that don't even exist. False oppression is EVERYWHERE in the minds of liberals because they twist and spin everything to make themselves into VICTIMS.

I mean c'mon, in the minds of liberals there are HORDES of white supremacist Nazi's running around everywhere because...well... Trump. The ORANGE nightmare. They constantly spout racism TOWARD him for being "orange" and display their racism DAILY against whites and "oranges", yet refuse to acknowledge their own hate. Gee, wonder why Trump won the electoral vote? Because people are SICK of that crap!

We could go on for days, show the blatant lies, but see?? They STILL don't get it. It looks to me that they would rather have chaos or maybe even a civil war before they recognize their hypocrisy, daily hate and un-willingness to see their own stupidity and fix it.

Look how hard it is for them to even denounce violence in the name of their "peaceful protests". They own it, till they denounce it. Period.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I was sincere. I didn't push you. I was giving you respect as a "responsible type."

Here's what I said:

Then those of you who are responsible types should be making threads and hitting social media denouncing these things.

I think it makes responsible sense. It would go towards making things better, if that's what you truly desire.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Maybe we'll act like it when leftists start differentiating between legal and illegal immigrant, or in other words, American and non-American.

That's part of your leftist problem. You act like non-Americans have equal to or more rights than Americans. Then you take questioning of illegals here as racism. Just nonsense. Pure drivel.

I feel sorry for you.

You really see the world in terms of right and left. How sad. How mundane. How two-dimensional.

Maybe you'll act like it? Not from anything I've seen.

I'm sure I'm a "leftist" in your narrow book. I've never made any comments that suggested that those who are here legally are the same as those here illegally. But, that's merely a fact, and likely an inconvenient one for you.

Because then, you don't get to use the shorthand of ignoring other people or what they're actually saying ... or finding out what they actually believe ... because you're so willfully blinded by your own "side" you can't see anything else.

Every person has human rights. In Amercian law, we accord many of the rights in the Constitution to anyone on our shores.

I've never made a single claim that questioning immigrants is racism.

You're talking to a figure in your own mind, not the real person that's bothering to attempt to communicate with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join