It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Americans raise funds to Repair Vandalism of Historic Jewish Cemetery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
A angering story of some 170 Jewish head stones being vandalized and damaged in a cemetery, but a great part of the story is a fundraiser by Muslim Americans to have them restored.

wearechange.org...
A fundraiser by Muslim Americans to repair a vandalized Jewish cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri, has exceeded its initial goal today.

While none of the bomb threats have led to violence, Monday’s calls came around the same time as another attack; Roughly 170 Jewish graves in a Missouri cemetery were desecrated over the weekend, according to The Washington Post.

Muslims United to Repair Jewish Cemetery, is a online fundraiser and it broke it's goal of $20,000 in the first few hours. It has surged through the $90,000 mark today (weds). The fundraiser hopes to send a message that the Jewish and Muslim communities has no place for action like the vandalism.

Titled “Muslims Unite to Repair Jewish Cemetery,” the online fundraiser was set up on Tuesday and broke its initial $20,000 goal in a few hours. The figure surged past $90,000 by Wednesday.

“Through this campaign, we hope to send a united message from the Jewish and Muslim communities that there is no place for this type of hate, desecration, and violence in America. We pray that this restores a sense of security and peace to the Jewish-American community who has undoubtedly been shaken by this event.”

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There were something like 1000 volunteers out there working today. Muslims beside jews beside xtians and all others. Even dirty pagans.
When Pence got done photo op-ing they flooded in.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If this is genuine, I can heartily praise the efforts.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

If only everyday we as a people could come together.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

The Jewish / Muslim interfaith is pretty spectacular, isn't it?

I've been watching this pretty closely, second hand. My live-in GF has family buried there.

Good on Pence for showing up and pitching in, even if it was just for a little bit (or a lot).

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We are the Wretched Refuse.

....... W. L. T.

We're 12 1 1.

We have been thrown out of every decent Country in the World.

edit on 22-2-2017 by whyamIhere because: Edit win loss stat

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Don't fall for this act of kindness it's an old Muslim trick to repair headstones to get Jews to lower their guard so they can kill them. It dates back to the time when Muhammad used to kick over headstones of Christians in Jerusalem.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
More importantly, VP Mike Pence was on hand along with the governor. They both got to work, getting some skin in the game, as some old VP loser used to say. God bless the volunteers, I happened to notice all different races and religions stepped up to the plate.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Is this a fable, or is there a source?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It's not real charity when you brag about it. It is a publicity stunt.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
It's not real charity when you brag about it. It is a publicity stunt.

You really are a special one.

Tell me, is the Vice President a secret Mooslim sympathizer too now?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: buster2010

Is this a fable, or is there a source?

Oh my.

I needed a belly-laugh; thank you so much.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who said anything about Muslim sympathizer?

You did,

Not me.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Who said anything about Muslim sympathizer?

You did,

Not me.

Did you notice the question mark?

I was asking you a question.

So ... as our resident ray-of-sunshine ... what you think? Publicity stunt for Pence?

Or is there something darker afoot?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Didn't VP Mike Pence also visited the cemetery?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Of course it a publicity stunt for Pence. He is a slick politician.

Your "question" included the word "too" implying I had already called someone a "Muslim sympathizer", special sunshine.

You also deliberately misspelled Muslim in a desperate attempt to smear me and mock me for something I never even said.

edit on 22-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Or for good publicity, the Muslim Community is in need of this type of working with other faiths. If I were Muslim, I would say this is a great grass roots effort.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Can't put a thing past you, can I? LOL

Seriously though. I asked you a question. That means you get to respond. I didn't make a statement.

And honestly ...

How about just once, you approach one of these points as a human being rather than an ideology.

I've spent too much time doing that, and I can tell you, in the end, it's meaningless.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Don't fall for this act of kindness it's an old Muslim trick to repair headstones to get Jews to lower their guard so they can kill them. It dates back to the time when Muhammad used to kick over headstones of Christians in Jerusalem.

Satire I presume?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: buster2010

Satire I presume?

Ya think?

<<   2 >>

join