It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live Nasa to Reveal Exoplanet Discovery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's the live feed to the NASA press conference scheduled for today at 1pm est.
Forgive the short post but I'm in a rush right now.

Hopefully, this is some real exciting news from NASA. What says ATS?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Fingers crossed for something exciting...!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Saving for later. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The rocket must be an animation, I doubt if they have a seagull flying ahead of that rocket taking a picture of it. If it did not move off to the side, I would say it could have been a satellite image.

I wonder how many people thing this is real?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Hopefully, this is some real exciting news from NASA. What says ATS?

Depends on your definition of exciting , as I understand it the press conference relates to the number of Exoplanets discovered not about what may live on them.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
cnet.com has seen some of the research, and they said this about it:

We've seen the research, and while we can't share details yet, let's just say it could very easily provide us with new settings for many future works of science fiction.

www.cnet.com...

This idea that these findings "could very easily provide us with new settings for many future works of science fiction"makes me think it is another press conference about odd types of solar systems and odd planets. Maybe it's about potentially habitable planets being found around a type of star that science previously didn't suspect could have habitable planets.

One guess is that it is about the discovery last year of seven potentially habitable planets orbiting ultracool dwarf stars (see link below). Perhaps they have found more detailed information about those planets.

Promising Worlds Found Around Nearby Ultra-cool Dwarf Star

edit on 2017-2-22 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've been hyped about these NASA press conferences before only to be let down. It's probably going to be about a discovery of some planets in the Goldilocks zone or something.

That would be awesome if it was about that supposed mega structure around tabby's star...No way Nasa would talk about though.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just more fluff to keep the illusion going.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My guess is that they will announce that they have detected organic compounds or organic precursors on an exoplanet.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xenon129
I've been hyped about these NASA press conferences before only to be let down. It's probably going to be about a discovery of some planets in the Goldilocks zone or something.

That would be awesome if it was about that supposed mega structure around tabby's star...No way Nasa would talk about though.

They're gonna tell us they found life on Kepler-62f and have found a way to build a spacecraft capable of warp speed.
edit on 22-2-2017 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I live for moments like this, c'mon NASA surprise us!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Tweet form NASA 3 hours ago.

New discovery! We're announcing findings on planets orbiting stars other than our sun today
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you are not used to NASA announcements, I should warn you never to get your hopes up as it's usually a damp squib

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Tweet form NASA 3 hours ago.

"New discovery! We're announcing findings on planets orbiting stars other than our sun today
twitter.com...

Ha ha! I loved the Neil deGrasse Tyson video in the tweets with the heading that read:

@NASA When you find out NASA has a big announcement today.

I made it a GIF here:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They are just trying to stir interest, they have another wage increase coming up for their scientists shortly.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xenon129

NASA has mentioned "Alien Megastructure" as being one of the potential explanations (among other potential explanations) for the seemingly strange behavior of Tabby's Star:

The Ever More Puzzling and Intriguing “Tabby’s Star”

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
If you are not used to NASA announcements, I should warn you never to get your hopes up as it's usually a damp squib

NASA holds several of these press conferences every year (about one every month or two). These press conferences are simply a way for NASA to inform the public about what they are doing and what discoveries have been made...

...so, no -- these do not have necessarily have history-changing information, or else there would be history-changing information several times per year.

However, just because the information is not history-changing, that does not mean that the information is not scientifically interesting, even to us non-scientists.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

NASA, again super excited to tell the world what they've already known for years. They found a planet? Shocking. Wake me up when they have contact with one. Until then, who cares? Maybe they found more proof that water once existed on Mars? Maybe some pics of Saturn? Yawn.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is actually really big news... watching now

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Seven Earth sized planets around the same Star , TRAPPIST-1 , with three in the habitable zone just 43 light years away !

edit on 22-2-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join