It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump going on resort vacation for the third week in a row

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
hahaha , at least he is doing SOMETHING before going. Cant say as much for the has been Obummer

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: CB328

If President Trump went on "resort vacation" every weekend for the next 8 years he's President, he'd still get more tasks accomplished EVERY single week, than 99% of Americans, and 100% of Congress.

That's completely laughable.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: napayshni57

Serious question here: Do we know if he is not?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Maybe I should care but I don't.Not when Bush did it,nor Obama and now Trump.I suppose that Trump could go to Camp David for the weekend,but there are still costs incurred wherever the president goes.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It doesn't matter, If Trump worked 20 hours a day at the white house, #heads like this would still bitch.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Interesting,
So , as it stands, it is a mess.
That is what happens when
"You have to pass the Bill before you can read it".

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

This resort is where he sleeps when he is doing his rounds in Florida. In case you missed it, Trump has been all over the state this week. Interesting enough, the fact that it is his resort means he does not have to pay a third party for lodging. It is also a more effective place to secure.

He has a rally in Melbourne, is going to catch the rocket launch from Cape Canaveral, and still has to visit CENTCOM this week.

If Trump staying at his own Florida estate while he is making official visits and meeting people for the weekend is a vacation, then I have no clue what millions of Americans need vacation time for. Apparently everyone in the USA who has weekends off gets four vacations a month. At least they aren't working through those vacations like our President.

Just don't forget, every living President and their family is protected by the SS on tax payer dime until death do them part. Which means the cost for DJT and fam is actually hardly a factor compared to the already protected Clintons, Obamas, Bushs, and Jimmy Carter. Although the kids are only protected until 16.

Under a new law signed today by President Obama, all former U.S. presidents and first ladies will receive lifetime Secret Service protection.

The measure also authorizes protection for the children of former presidents until they are 16 years old.
In 1994, as a cost-saving measure, Congress acted to limit protection for future former presidents and spouses to just ten years after they left office.

The 1994 measure exempted then-President Bill Clinton and first applied to George W. Bush and all his successors.

Eighteen years later, Congress reconsidered.

"The world has changed dramatically since the 9/11 terrorist attacks," said Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, during House debate on the bill in November.

"We must make sure that the safety and security of our former chief executives is not jeopardized," said Smith.
Former presidents and first ladies remain free to relinquish Secret Service protection as did Richard Nixon in 1985, 11 years after he left office.

The Secret Service does not divulge the costs of its protective details, but it's believed to be in the range of tens of millions of dollars a year for each former president.

Lets just call this what it is. Nagging about Trump, just for the simple sake of nagging.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
But Obama played golf.

While dead body's were floating in the streets of Louisiana...
I suspect this POTUS will actually take action when his constituents are in danger or suffering.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Trump has a house at Mar a Lago. He does not pay when he goes there.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: CB328piss and moan

Don't let Trump catch wind of any pissing and moaning going on, his fat old heart can only beat so fast.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tompdx3
a reply to: c2oden

Why does the taxpayer have to pay for his wife and child to live in NY anyway?

That is a choice he made not us. We supplied a perfectly good house for his family to live in!

We are being taken for a ride again!

Right? America first my ass! Trump negotiated us Americans a really bad deal, so that Barron and Melania could keep their Manhattan life style, at the tune of 15 Million dollars per month paid by New York tax payers alone! Not even including the federal tax dollars for Secret Service, the newly installed bullet proof windows in Trump Tower and all the other security updates needed to keep the First Lady and First Son safe!

In the meantime, federal tax payer funds are paying for the Trump brothers to travel to Dubai, Uruguay and Vancouver, to negotiate and promote Trump real estate ventures.

edit on 18-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The money must flow. Tax payers spent on secret service. Secret service spend back to tax payers. At the the money stays in the US rather than going abroad.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: CB328

I just posted this on your other Trump-bashing post:

Mar-a-Lago is the Winter Whitehouse. Donald Trump works 18+ hrs. per day during the week in D.C. When he goes to the FL WH, he usually has meetings and other WH business he attends to. There is a SCIF at Mar-a-lago to take care of sensitive conversations. Do you resent him having a little family time, too? Typical.

As they say, "haters gonna hate!"

what family time?....melania, his wife, refuses (or trump does) to live in the white house....trump just pulls her out for photo ops. how much each week is the government spending to guard trump tower, mar-a-largo, and his kids who are out and making money for trump and themselves around the world....I guess "judicial watch" won't bother about that. but hey!!...the first black president got microscopic scrutiny from them over his vacation spending.....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So tax payers spend money on jet fuel and maintenance of Air Force One, secret service at Trump Tower. That's smart. It's money flowing within the US. It's good for the economy.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Tompdx3
a reply to: c2oden

Why does the taxpayer have to pay for his wife and child to live in NY anyway?

That is a choice he made not us. We supplied a perfectly good house for his family to live in!

We are being taken for a ride again!

Right? America first my ass! Trump negotiated us Americans a really bad deal, so that Barron and Melania could keep their Manhattan life style, at the tune of 15 Million dollars per month paid by New York tax payers alone! Not even including the federal tax dollars for Secret Service, the newly installed bullet proof windows in Trump Tower and all the other security updates needed to keep the First Lady and First Son safe!

In the meantime, federal tax payer funds are paying for the Trump brothers to travel to Dubai, Uruguay and Vancouver, to negotiate and promote Trump real estate ventures.

where's the trump lovers on this?.....silence....I guess their only recourse is...wait for it...FAKE NEWS!!...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I get the impression he doesn't take the job seriously. I think he thought he would just say do this or that and done.

Maybe he's longing for a 40 hour a week job like may Americans would like to have.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The president has three tasks. Nominate executive and judicial personnel. Signing paperwork such as bills from Congress and executive orders and international treaties. Partying with foreign leaders. Not a tough job if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thecoolguy

There is that idea of giving leadership and direction to the country.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That's not his job. That's the Congress job.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thecoolguy

That's not his job. That's the Congress job.

Tell that to past presidents.

edit:

I suppose Trump should stop talking about his direction and ideas for the country since it isn't part of his position.
edit on 2/18/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join