It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Waves at Gordi, Shep and Dave!

Dave, go to bed! Your dreams are waiting for you.

Gordi, that last vid was...er...bizarre. LOL

I'll be popping in and out. Trying to catch up on things and get things done around here. It doesn't mean they will get done, but my intentions are good.

Anyone hear how Syx is doing after his operation????

Little B, hope you are doing better!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

bizarre can be good
stupids can be good

I'm just reminiscinginginining with some music videos that I really like for a variety of reasons!
That New Order one was JAW DROPPING when it came out. The song is actually VERY good and the weird video just... suited it somehow?? (Even though it IS bizarre!!)

Listening to The Cure now, but it's darkening my mood! (One of the very few songs that can always get me like that is The Forest by The Cure... I LOVE it, but it is definitely a mood changer so I wont share it in this happy place!!)

How's Raine doing this fine(ish) day?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Wow, the Cure - that brings back some memories. Cure, Joy Division, Sex Pistols, Suicidal Tendencies...oh and my favorite, the Dead Kennedys.
The speed-ska-punk thing they had going on was funny and awesome at the same time.

They were DEFINITELY not "PC" though!

I was the one preppy kid whose friends were punks because I didn't really fit in anywhere else. Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, and Louis Armstrong were hard sells to be into back when I was in high school. LOL

Another one was U2 *before* they became big - the "October" and "Boy" and "Unforgettable Fire" days...man I loved listening to U2 back then.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I KNEW I liked you for a reason!

"Holiday In Cambodia" was one of my favourite songs back then... I still have it on 7" vinyl somewhere!

and I LOVE early U2, Cure, Joy Division etc

Oh YEAH!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sorry guys, been busy. Music is always a good thing!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Other than my clever wit and dashing good looks, right?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hi Night Star! I had to bop out for a time also.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Other than my clever wit and dashing good looks, right?

uhm.... erm.... yeah! Obviously! Goes without saying.... ahem... yeah...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Why thank you, Gordi. Clearly you are a perceptive and kind gentleman.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hey guys. Just wanted to check in. We are headed to Danielle's office. She has no idea we are coming. Can't wait to surprise her. I will take some pics and try to post.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well hello, Admin. How are the systems today?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I'm on vacation so I don't care. Lol
Here is Danielle in her new office

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hey guys! I'm still alive. Just popping in to give a sing of life.

Pretty busy with the team compiling suggestions for constitution:

asgardia.space...

Anyway, gotta go, hope you guys are having a fantastic day!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
My office is a coffee shop this afternoon.
Mmmmm....mocha...

a reply to: swanne
Hi swanne!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think Gordi is a robot...doesn't he sleep anymore?

Hey Jess, Nice office Danielle has there!

Hi Shep! A coffee shop office today eh? Cool!

John, thanks for stopping in and letting us know you're still alive!

Multi tasking here.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I think Gordi is a robot...doesn't he sleep anymore?

Does not compute! LOL
Maybe I just plug in for a quick re-charge...?

Actually, I'm getting a good 7 or 8 hours sleep a night just now... unless I have to go pee!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Snowdrops in Denmark are one of the first indigenous flowers to emerge. They are revered as the bearer's of love.

GULP! For a second there I thought you were going to hit on me!!! ROFL

Alas my friend, the hearts of those already spoken for are irreproachable as is mine. I was just making a subtle suggestion that you could send one to your fair Chrissy.

I DO LOVE the genuine heartfelt romance of your snowdrop "day"...

So, it is not "a day" but a seasonal practice, the tween time, when winter and spring struggle. The translation from Danish to English is obnoxious. It is literally "Winter Trickster" but it sounds much more poetic in Danish. The notion is that you play lovely tricks is prose on the person you desire to court.
I knew the custom was old but I did some digging and it turns out the first recorded finding of such a letter was in 1770. But this was only a replacement for a much older custom dating back to early 1600, "Binding letters"
All of these were sent anonymously and their was and is a "penalty" for not solving the riddle as to who was courting you.
So much more fun than cave man Joe "Urhg, you nice digital pic"
Unfortunately the page in reference doesn't translate to English.

Your many legged tree is an elven portal my friend (WIS)
I'm going to set up a game-cam! and see if I can get a REAL photo of nightstar!!! LOL

Ahh you foolish mortal, to capture a fairy is perilous, don't even try. The repercussions are terrible. Their confidence must be won by chocolate and kindness. ( I made up the chocolate thing, hoping to get some)

Sometimes you just have to suck it up I'm afraid...
I'm so sorry.

That notion does not bear well with me, it has become all to common, but thank you.
I was a member of "The Sea mans Union" and learned that we must all ways rise above those who subject the weakest among us. No matter the cost to ourselves.
Merry Meet Mighty Scotsman.
WIZ

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Gordi, glad you are getting enough sleep. You had me wondering there for a while. I know what you mean about having to get up to pee. If you don't, you end up having dream after dream about trying to find a bathroom. I'd have everyone in hysterics if I told about some of them. LOL

Wis, I enjoyed hearing about the season of love and its history. You remind me of a Wiccan sometimes when you say "Merry Meet." I'm just checking out new threads and bouncing over to youtube. Still checking in as always.

edit on 2-3-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hello lovely friend. I am a jack of many trades.
I believe both "Merry Meet" and "Blessed Be" are just recent popular adaptations from old forms of greetings.

Today I had another, more physical encounter with endangered creatures.
Whilst driving home on a county high way, a Holstein and a horse appeared before me, smack in the middle of the road. Hazards turned on by reflex I pulled over as far as I could and got out as fast as I could, the van behind me ignored my hazards, the car halted in front of me and the animals in the middle of the road. He had to skid to a break.
Stupid, stupid people.

I approached the animals, as the only person out of three vehicles halted, a vehicle came up from behind me and I just jumped out in the middle of the road flagging it, jumping up and down, waving my arms. It didn't hit me as you may conclude. I saved the driver, the three cars parked and the two animals.
A squad car pulled up and I proceeded, completely ignoring the other idiots who just went on their way.
I asked the officer if he would mind if I helped him.
He replied with gratitude and said he had just been there an hour earlier to catch them.
Long story short the poor beasts were emaciated. The cow is almost full term and bleeding from a too tight halter.
They had no food when he was there the first time and he fed them hay. They had water though.
We brought them back to a makeshift pen that couldn't be secured. The people had abandoned the house and had had numerous citations concerning the animals.
I walked away wondering why nothing could be done.
The officer a kind hearted sweet young man gave me a case number, incase I was lucky enough to find a shelter for them.

Sorry this was my "happy encounter" of the day.

edit on 2-3-2017 by WalkInSilence because: More Words

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I would have been right by your side helping the officer and those poor innocent animals! I hope they catch those son of a b's for animal neglect! That infuriates me to no end! I don't know what we have for laws for this abuse, but this crap has to stop!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!

Hugs for helping them Wis! I hope a home can be found for the Momma and her baby as well as the horse.

edit on 2-3-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join