It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A New Life
OK guys I got my story entry in, I used Chirp as my inspiration!!!

Gordi - Thanks so much!

a reply to: Errollorre
Hey Errollorre! I will wrap around and try to get to reading the stories now. I will have plenty of time this weekend while Paul is running.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hello everyone! Going out with my Sister for lunch. I knew I should have taken a nap earlier!

Jess, have fun and wish Paul luck for us!

Hi Tom! I'll get to your story later today.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Oh, didn't see you up there. I'll get to your story later too Hun!

Have a lovely day Sheddites!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hello, folks! Sorry I've been scarce last few days. Might have to continue that for the rest of the week, actually. RL seems to be getting in the way.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hey Night! How are you sweetie?

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Shep – I hope you are busy in a good way! Life can be such a downer sometimes!

As you can see I am at work trying to do as little as possible and see to be doing a very fine job of it! LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hey Jess my love!! Going to Myrtle Beach, or Murder Beach as a few friends of mine call it, eh? A 4:00AMish wake up just to get to the start line of a race at 5:30. No thanks, I'd rather sleep in a little bit! Look at it this way though, you're gonna miss the snow on Friday!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It is a good busy, yes. It's just stressful because I want to do well at the things I have on my plate, and because of timelines this week I'm concerned I will not. Oh well. Mrs Shepherd & I get to go out on a date on Friday night, so that will go a long way toward solving any grumblies I might be experiencing.

Night - I'll post another bit of the story in just a sec. Everyone's going to get all gussied up.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Yeah if I had my druthers I would take snow over a 4AM wake up call! LOL!!

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
I completely understand. Well I am sure everything will fall into place, just doesn’t feel like it yet. I hope you and Mrs. Shep have a wonderful date night!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Link to all my story posts in Sheds 11, 12 and 13
(Shed 14) Page 6 - The Cipher
(Shed 14) Page 20 - Kaena Returns
(Shed 14) Page 29 - As Good as a Death Sentence
(Shed 14) Page 32 - A Vow by the Lake
(Shed 14) Page 38 - A Bottle of Ink
(Shed 14) Page 41 - Kaena's Mistake

Today's episode: A Command Performance

Gaalen clasped his dress cloak over his formal Bastion uniform. The Ladies and Lords Captain attending were all in dress uniform for the command performance this evening. Vrak Boklanak, a master Hundal Water Drummer, had traveled into Aavelae from Elamar, beyond Mons Ros. Water Drummers were rare in Aavelae - the last one to come to Avaanse was, according to Taarvaes, some twenty years ago.

Gaalen and Joen approached the Shield Hall doors. Gaalen’s limp was gone, the wound on his thigh healed enough that it wouldn’t break open anymore. Joen veered off to stand with the rest of the squires and pages, who would remain ready to attend their masters and mistresses on demand. There was a mixture of young men and young women, as quite a few of the Ladyguard and Lanceguard both were in attendance. Gaalen noticed Elder Poliara speaking with a couple Seers he did not know. She glanced his way and he quickly averted his gaze, which fell on Seer Lowaeren, who was leaning in close to prim Lady Devoroc. Their conversation was animated and they both had intense looks on their faces.

Kaena was with the Iniveran ambassador, Lady Captain Rivercross, Lady Eilana Itaericae, and a knot of other attendees over to the opposite side. The anteroom hummed with polite conversation as the court ladies and lords mixed with foreign ambassadors and the Bastion personnel while servants weaved to and fro with trays of appetizers and drinks.

Gaalen found Bryn and Taarvaes talking quietly with a third man Gaalen did not know. His two friends each held a small glass of amber liquor. The handsome man next to them was almost as tall as Taarvaes, dark hair and eyes, with a tanned complexion and a ready smile. He wore dark blue, with a finely cut jacket and a shining golden cord around one shoulder. Several pins adorned his lapels – medals of some kind.

“Gaalen,” Taarvaes greeted him with his infectious smile, clapping a hand on his arm. Bryn raised his glass with a grin.

“Prince, Bryn,” Gaalen nodded to them. A servant brought a tray and Gaalen grabbed a crystal globe of brandy.

Taarvaes gestured to the third man. “Gaalen, this is Ambassador Tevas Ralan, of Mons Ros. Ambassador, this is Lord Captain Gaalen Braeghe, Shieldbearer of the Bastion, and High Defender of Avalae.”

Inwardly, Gaalen grimaced. The Mons Rosian rivalry with Aavelae was older than any could remember, and the tensions were highest right in the Eastholds, where Seeress Meron was from. Darkly, he thought Perhaps that’s why she is so cross.

Outwardly, however, Gaalen clasped the man’s hand. “Welcome to Aavelae, Ambassador. I hope you enjoy your stay.” Ralan’s grin only made him seem more dashing as he shook Gaalen’s hand. The stretch of shaking the man’s hand pulled on Gaalen’s scars, and he began to feel ugly and self-conscious in the presence of the urbane Ralan.

“Lord Captain Braeghe, your reputation goes before you. We have heard of your valor even in Mons Ros.”

Just as he finished speaking, the Princess arrived. “Taarvy, who is this?” she asked, gently laying one hand her brother’s shoulder, the other on his forearm. She was radiant this evening in green silk, a massive diamond set in silver and pearls hanging just above her low neckline. Her long hair was intricately pulled up, and something sparkled in it as she moved.

“Your Highness, may I present Ambassador Tevas Ralan of Mons Ros. Ambassador, her Royal Highness Princess Anna Kire Daecullon.” Ralan took a step back and bowed deeply, then raised the Princess’s right hand to kiss it. His execution was flawless.

“Your Highness, never have I beheld such beauty in all my travels,” he said with a noticeable Mons Rosian accent.

The Princess’ smile was delighted and her eyes twinkled as she laughed delicately, “Thank you, Ambassador. On behalf of the Queen of Aavelae, I bid you welcome to Avaanse.”

Taarvaes’s usually warm smile took on a sickly cast, and Bryn, standing slightly behind the pair, actually rolled his eyes. He quickly covered for himself by drinking deeply from his shalt. Gaalen tried not to laugh.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hello Everybody!

I just wanted to apologize for leaving so abruptly earlier. I was in mid-chat with a few people in various threads (including here), when "real life" suddenly screamed at me and I had to run off to deal with that.
How rude, eh? Didn't even *wave* good-bye.
I know.

Anyways, I'm delighted to see so many stories, and a new entry here too from Shep. I have opened each story in a separate tab, and will be reading for a while.
Thanks to whoever made the donuts today, and if anyone's in the kitchen can you please turn the coffee on?

*perches reading glasses on nose*
Love y'all,
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good morning to you all also even though it is evening. My workday is normally 12 hours including driving. I always have to go coffee.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Waves hello to everyone!
Shep, nice story entry as always!!

I have been up since 4 am and am barely awake here. I may head off for a nap soon. So if I'm gone a long time, you'll all know why.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Hey Tarzan!

That's a long day, geez...doesn't leave much time for life, does it?

I get so distracted by your avatar, lol. I mean...I love it, it's hilarious...but my cat's being a jerk right now so I almost want to flick yours in the monitor! (Nah I'm joking, but I almost picture YOU bopping around like that...full of coffee...haha, I remember those days.)

I am babbling...so sorry. I've been up a very long time.

Oh hey, Night Star!! If you pop in here, can you please also go pop into the 3 Idiots place because one of them was whining for your special loving touch...and I did my best to appease, but may have come off as rather callous and uncaring! (roflmao)

jacy (Is it bedtime yet?)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ahahaha! I just came from that thread and left a unicorn. Yours was a good one! LOL

Tarzan, yes, like jacy said, those are long hours. Yikes!!!!!

Still trying to keep my eyes open here.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

When I see our two avatars together I chuckle. You have a look on your face like you just got caught with your hands in the cookie jar, or the donut box. Mine looks like someone interrupted a private phone conversation or something, like do you mind? LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Oooh, I .......noticed a lovely wee snowdrop, all on its own...
Hi WIS, did you miss my comments earlier too??

Snowdrops in Denmark are one of the first indigenous flowers to emerge. They are revered as the bearer's of love. People write sweet little love notes with a flower attached, asking the recipient if they will "Be their Snowdrop". It is about courtship and spring calling for love. Perhaps comparable to Valentines day, but not as cheesy. People cut intricate paper figures with written messages.

Your many legged tree is an elven portal my friend, be careful you aren't swept away or enchanted. Oh you can't be because you are.
Enchanted that is.
No, I couldn't find your comments from earlier. I hope I didn't miss anything funny.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
When I see our two avatars together I chuckle. You have a look on your face like you just got caught with your hands in the cookie jar, or the donut box. Mine looks like someone interrupted a private phone conversation or something, like do you mind? LOL

Jacy's looks like someone just told her she's pregnant and yours looks like they said it was you.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Jacy's looks like someone just told her she's pregnant and yours looks like they said it was you.

Mwahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
That's brilliant gus!!!

G

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Snowdrops in Denmark are one of the first indigenous flowers to emerge. They are revered as the bearer's of love. People write sweet little love notes with a flower attached, asking the recipient if they will "Be their Snowdrop". It is about courtship and spring calling for love. Perhaps comparable to Valentines day, but not as cheesy. People cut intricate paper figures with written messages.

GULP! For a second there I thought you were going to hit on me!!! ROFL
THAT is LOVELY WIS - I'm not a fan of Valentine's materialistic mass-produced un-romantic crapola! But I DO LOVE the genuine heartfelt romance of your snowdrop "day"...

Your many legged tree is an elven portal my friend, be careful you aren't swept away or enchanted. Oh you can't be because you are.
Enchanted that is.

ooooh!!! I'm going to set up a game-cam! and see if I can get a REAL photo of nightstar!!! LOL

No, I couldn't find your comments from earlier. I hope I didn't miss anything funny.

Nothing funny hunny!
I was replying to your post re:coyote hunters. Hang on... I'll see if I can find it....

Here you go:

a reply to: WalkInSilence
Ugh. That must have driven you crazy.
Sometimes you just have to suck it up I'm afraid...
I'm so sorry. [[[[[WIS]]]]]

BigG x

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Don't judge me.

jacy

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join