It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: TNMockingbird

LOL I also have a pre-birth memory.

I would love to hear more about this whenever you feel like it.
(and thank you for what you said)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

It's something I have rarely shared on this site or with many people. I have mentioned it more than once though here. I figured I sounded crazy enough with having an out of body experience never mind a pre-birth memory. LOL Ask me in an e-mail and I shall reveal it all. I have no doubt that we are far more than just a physical body. Still, I don't look forward to all the health problems that go along with getting old, I have enough of those. lol

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I know you've mentioned it, but you have never gone into any detail. I will e-mail you about it.

Lately "life/death" is a recurring topic in my life...ridiculous synchronicity going from threads here (including the last writing contest theme) to watching movies in the evening that tie in (and sometimes seem to explain some things).

Seeing NicksMum (woodwardjnr) on the board now, and reading along. I think you should tell her about The Shed in case she would like some moral support on a regular basis from people who knew him here (or read him).

Sorry, I've lost my train of thought and am still somewhat weepy, so gonna just *hug* you and hit send.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok ladies. Tears, frustration and good ones.

My life sucks, and yet, is better than my Indian immigrant friend's could ever hope to be, as he has a dirt floor, no electricity, and few if any options....so that's the perspective.

I recently rejoined Facebook. I first made a page there in 2014, and after making the attendant connections with folks mostly from my hometown I had not seen or heard from in almost thirty years or more, I closed the account after a month or so. I won't go in too the long story of revisiting my hometown, etc. but I stopped participating in Facebook, at that point....

I recently reconnected, and have had some great experiences and convos regarding people I grew up with. I was in a car accident in September of 2016, and have been suffering through some injuries which may require surgery, and I have nothing but Medicaid, which won't fund that surgery. So I made a gofundme page to raise money for medical treatment, and was advised that I should reconnect on Facebook.....

Now, I know how usery that sounds, so maybe I am getting my just rewards as a result of that. However, it's "relatives," I find, baiting me now......

And it's a sad day, cause what they are using to bait me is real stuff people suffer through...

Hanging head....wishing life was different, and no one blamed me.....
tet
edit on 2-4-2017 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

*big soft squishy hug*

I understand sweetie, my life sucks too.
I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident! I noticed that I hadn't seen you around for a while, but I was absent too for some time.
I was wallowing in misery, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Facebook is a nightmare to me. Seeing the people I love, all far away...carrying on with their lives, and I'm not a part of any of it now. (long story, another time). I haven't done anything but lurk there for months.

I wish I was in a position to help you, but I've been struggling here too. I think the gofundme page is a good idea because sometimes strangers are kinder (and more generous) than family.
If you feel comfortable enough with any of us here, send a private message regarding facebook details...I know there are people here who would be more than happy to help!

Please continue to visit this thread, the moral support and laughs will definitely help when you're feeling low...I can tell you that from personal experience.
Much love to you Lucy,
jacy/Jane xoxo

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I wanted to mention the shed, but Zazzy is friends with her so I am sure she will invite her if she thinks she would be interested. She is probably spending all her time reading through all of Nicks posts for now.

My friend Linda and I visit graves throughout the warmer Months. There are so many family members who don't do that. I understand that some people don't. I am the only one left who visits my Mom and Dad and Grandparents. I realize that they aren't there, or perhaps they may see from above somewhere, but I like to honor them in some way and be there with my thoughts and flowers or a little Angel statue or something. At one grave site I can see my Grandmother and Grandfather, Mark's Mom, Dad and Sister and my friend Diane's Mom. At another one is my Parents and my Mom's Parents and a cousin. At yet another is Linda's Mom. So we make our rounds.

There are some interesting and beautiful historical headstones and Angels around these places. Always peaceful there with birds singing.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If your life sucks, this is a good place for you to be. Many of us have problems of our own and can relate to the suffering of others. We can be a silly and fun group of folks to hang out with and we always have a lot of love to share. It seems that those who need the Shed, find their way here. It is meant to be.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Aww sweetie, you would be the one who visits graves and leaves presents.

I went with a friend one day to visit her family's graves, and it was a really peaceful lovely afternoon. We sat and she talked to them, and introduced them to me...there was nothing creepy about it and I'm glad she included me.

The anniversary of my father's death was last week and I realized it has been seven years. I had promised to bury his ashes at my mother's grave yet I've never done it. Maybe I've been hanging on, but I think it's time for closure (plus I always try to keep my promises).

On a lighter note, I've got Errollorre's "okay" to write about a brief romance with Troll. I explained to him how I'm going to handle it, so as to not disrupt his storyline in any way. I just need to be in a bit lighter mood, but I'm actually looking forward to writing it.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ahh, jacey. You got me crying now. I won't share that anywhere again. You see, after I made that gofuneme thing, I struggled with it daily; my precious daughter encouraged me to keelp it up. However, I feel as cheesey about it as I ever did....and now I got people related to me, baiting me in very sad ways, who really don't even know me, and don't realize that what they are baiting me with is real stuff per the people suffering it, and I AM neither THE BLAME NOR THE REASON for that...

But let me put it this way: the man who raised you was a good father, but he and I depart philosophically; however, he is the moral compass and loyalty represented in your life. And you don't really know me. Who are you gonna choose to believe in?

With maturity, most of us realize, life and what we are told is reality and factual probably isn't so much that, as a chosen belief pattern, because it simply fits with how we have had to live and provide for our families,even if it isn't really so....

Having said all that. Obviously, I understand that. But my existence, needing to reconnect with my past and needing help for my future doesent challenge and/or negate your choice of reality, so why bait me to play the game of disenfranchising me?
tet
edit on 2-4-2017 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
About facebook...there are groups you can join. I have joined some groups that are so inspiring with so many beautiful people, always positive messages and breath taking pics. I think I belong to a couple of faery groups because you know how much I love fantasy. There are all kinds of groups that will bring joy and smiles. I have a good family and wonderful friends. Anyone who asks to friend me that I don't know, I always check out their page first and scroll through to get a feeling of who they are and what they are about. I have met some amazing people.

I try to post mostly beautiful pics or funny things that aren't offensive, unless there is a little swearing. lol! I'll post interesting or beautiful vids. I like for it to be a good page where people are happy to see things. I don't get a lot of comments or likes, but I love my page and a lot of the people. I really should weed through my friends list though. There are folks who I know love me but they rarely, if ever give a like or comment. I'm always liking or commenting on their posts.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

That gofundme has helped so many people. I have donated before, but lately so many people need funding for things and my husband and I are on limited incomes. We have had so many family Birthdays lately and two weddings coming up. I wish I were rich and I could make a huge difference in everyone's life.

Who was at fault in the accident? Usually with injuries from an accident, they expect that bills can be paid by the insurance of whoever is at fault. I was once hit as a pedestrian by a minivan and sued. I won the case and all my medical bills were paid by the other party and then some. Even if your bills end up going into the hands of a collection agency, as long as you are making an effort, there is nothing they can do to you legally. It doesn't have to be a large amount.

We have Medicare medical coverage, but there is still a lot of out of pocket costs we have to deal with. I wish you luck!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

7 years since your Dad passed and it will be 10 for mine in May. Wow! Did you know that they can make jewelry keepsakes from the ashes of your Father? I also saw beautiful and colorful glass crystal balls. Keep that in mind. some prices were not expensive either. So, keep some of the ashes in case.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Did you know that they can make jewelry keepsakes from the ashes of your Father? I also saw beautiful and colorful glass crystal balls. Keep that in mind. some prices were not expensive either.

Actually I just found out about this.
My friend's step-dad is getting necklaces for the 3 daughters, with their mom's thumbprint on the necklace and a little bit of her ashes inside. It's lovely.

My dad and I weren't that close. He is likely causing all this misery in my life lately because I haven't buried him yet. (My pork chop even suggested the same thing) There was abuse and we were estranged for many years until his final year.
But it's a lovely sentiment, thank you.

tetra...I have sent you a private message instead of answering in the thread.
jacy

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That gofundme has helped so many people. I have donated before, but lately so many people need funding for things and my husband and I are on limited incomes. We have had so many family Birthdays lately and two weddings coming up. I wish I were rich and I could make a huge difference in everyone's life.

Who was at fault in the accident? Usually with injuries from an accident, they expect that bills can be paid by the insurance of whoever is at fault. I was once hit as a pedestrian by a minivan and sued. I won the case and all my medical bills were paid by the other party and then some. Even if your bills end up going into the hands of a collection agency, as long as you are making an effort, there is nothing they can do to you legally. It doesn't have to be a in large amount.

We have Medicare medical coverage, but there is still a lot of out of pocket costs we have to deal with. I wish you luck!

Night Star: good questions. I was a passenger,but the other driver was at fault and was cited for the wreck. However, his insurance coverage has already been eaten up by medical treatment for me. I, unfortunately,have a long medical history, which his limited liability does not cover. His complete payout for medical was $15,000. After diagnosis by a surgeon, an MRI, my walk Away after the lawyers fee was $800, leaving me no treatment fees.
tetra

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jacy, Oh yeah, I forgot that you weren't close to your Dad Hun. My two friends weren't close to theirs either.

Tetra, I wish you luck with your getting through the medical expenses. Try not to stress too much over it. I know that's easier said than done. Even if it goes into a collection agency, as long as you are paying something, even a small amount, they can't do anything about it.

When my Husband and I were first married, it wasn't long before we found out he was diabetic. He was in the hospital and having all kinds of tests. We both had minimum wage jobs and couldn't afford medical coverage and WHAM! We ended up with thousands of dollars in medical bills. Took us years of paying a little at a time and it went from one collection agency to another. We paid quite a bit off and then they gave up. We always seemed to fall between the cracks and made a dollar or two above the poverty level and got no help whatsoever. Hang in there Hun!

edit on 2-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I`m leaving now to go door-to-door begging for donuts.
Or to the kitchen to actually make something to eat.

I hope everyone has a good night, will likely be here in the morning.
Luv,
jacy

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Have fun Jacy! I just washed my hair and have to find something to eat too. I'll be popping in and out as always.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Hey friends, long time no see

I missed the deadline
but it is all good. I'm still gonna post it soon....

I had my mom proofread it, and she said the first chapter is too close to the truth and I stared crying and couldn't read anymore.

I have been going through some heavy stuff......these last two weeks especially, I came extremely close to loosing my marriage, my family. Except it has been ten years of my mistakes and poor choices that led up to this.

we really fell apart and both started using every drug, every day but usually just "up" and "down"

We both nearly destroyed ourselves and almost drifted apart.

this is all pretty recent, so I stopped caring about my story.............

things are much better now, im thirty years old, and I am finally ready to be a full on dedicated husband and father, sober..........

my parents divorced when I was ten, my Dad left, I stayed with my mom, but it wasn't until my wife explained to me to today that he is to blame for my anxiety, and my full on noob status when it comes to how your supposed to treat a woman. She helped me remember my dad whooped my ass alot he even whipped me with an extension cord once, and when I was a you teenager he shoved me hard back into the couch just cause he was pissed I was being so chill instead of getting ready for school right away........years later my alcoholic stepdad chased me through the house, knocked me down and started stomping on me. It was because I said screw you when he made some stupid snide joke at my expense.

Despite that crap, I love and respect my Dad and hold nothing against him. He is currently The director of every single prison in the state of Alaska. He started as a CO around my current age. I have a solid planof spending a year or two in MMA before I start my career as a CO. I'll have the goal to follow my fathers path and become director when I am 50.

Then I will be able to buy my wife a big beautiful house, and a bad A SUV, and just prosper for my family.

Charlie Karron,, the former AFC middle eight champ is willing to train me, so this opportunity is very real!

love u guys!

I have so much more to tell, but I got work in the morning.....

and I'm still gonna post my story soon, just for the heck of it.........

Sorry it has taken so long to reply.

I am on a mini vacation. So I'm not really checking in to much.

I read this a few days back and for some reason this song came to my mind.

www.youtube.com...

I have alway's loved "Puddle of Mudd"

Hope you enjoy.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry for the lack of response. I just haven't been very social lately.

And now I find myself with a 2 week vacation. And I am taking total advantage of it. Fishing Illinios open water and when I get home, there may still be some ice to fish. Maybe not. Been warm up north.

See you guy's in a few days.

edit on 2-4-2017 by crappiekat because: to fix. that was wierd.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I am the fish!!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

LOL! Shall we get you a nice lake to live in? Hi Kitty Kat! Glad you're happily fishing while you have time off. Have fun!
I fell asleep for hours earlier, now I'll be all wide eyed while I should be sleeping.

Great tune you posted above! See you when you get back to us!

edit on 2-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join