It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're different so I HATE YOU!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
[snipped] Something I have noticed is the obscure way that people on-line seem to go about voicing their grievances against a group of people which I am starting to find rather silly.

Now i am not going to by so hypocritical to go and paint everyone with the same brush but I do not think anyone can deny that there are more than just a handful of people on ATS and in western society in general who seem to have this bizzar idea that because a few individuals with in any given group do wrong then that automatically means that all in that group must be wrong doers.

For example.

In the last couple of says i have read a few threads about individuals who are members of travelling communities, but not just on ATS i have also seen this on a couple of other on-line forums. Basically someone writes something along the lines of this gypo done this...... and very quickly it descends into a attitude of "this is just the way these people are". As if every single one of them are bad people.

The same thing happens with Muslim communities, a tiny minority of Muslims actually advocate acts of terror in the name of Islam and even fewer are actually prepared to commit acts of terrorism themselves. Yet the internet is full of Islamophobic posts that paint all Muslims with the same brush. Its almost as if there are some who really do believe that over one billion people wake up in the morning and think about going out and killing the grate infidel when the reality is that most of them wake up like the rest of us and think about going to work, school, looking after the kids or visiting friends.

I remember seeing the same thing with Catholics after sex abuse scandals in the Church, all of a sudden all Priests were sexual praetors. Even politically we see this attitude of you belong to the left or the right so you must believe x y and z all of which i disagree with.

It strikes me that this is just a stupid way of thinking, it creates division and in my view is the source of most of the hate we see these days. We keep failing to remember that it is the individuals within groups in society who are bad and not all (or even most) members of the social group.

What's more is that often i find myself reading hateful posts and articles and i cannot help but think that there is a emerging attitude that is being promoted by many that basically says you're different so I hate you!

Lets just remember we are all human, almost all of us just want a nice quiet life and go about our business helpfully with out being judged because we might be a little different.

meh just some thoughts.
edit on 16-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

mod note......moved from the top of the post
"I was not too sure where to post this thread but I think the mud-pit might be the best spot. ]
and moved to SOCIAL ISSUES.
edit on Thu Feb 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is very true in western "society." I think most of it can be placed upon the head of the concept of competitiveness. It's a centerpiece of western society. It's not going to change. If anything, it'll get worse.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

This is very true in western "society." I think most of it can be placed upon the head of the concept of competitiveness. It's a centerpiece of western society. It's not going to change. If anything, it'll get worse.

you could be right about that.

I just think we are starting to think of each other as belonging to one group, like we all slot into little boxes and then we turn round and say I hate everyone in that box, that box and that box.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It's a pretty broad stroke, but whoever gets hit with the paint is usually too ignorant to realize they are apart of the systematic indoctrination. They want us to be divided and the brainwash keep it alive!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Often times the smaller groups inside a larger defeated group are the ones screaming the loudest.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

western culture vs mid east culture....very broad cultural difference between the two...VERY BROAD

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Didn't read the OP, but judging by the title, I didn't think I could handle a lethal dose of irony.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You know the saying, "Peter pays for Paul" ?

Well, that's the situation. We can't get to Paul, who's done something we don't like, but we know that Peter and Paul are both Christians, members of the same group, so we attack Peter because it's easy for us to find him and let him know of our displeasure. It's just human nature.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Tiny minority of Muslims...1%=30 million of radical terrorists.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

there are more than just a handful of people on ATS and in western society in general who seem to have this bizzar idea that because a few individuals with in any given group do wrong then that automatically means that all in that group must be wrong doers.

You mean like if there's mass shooting, the screams for more/stricter/invasive gun laws that stop just short of a rectal exam to prove we're fit to own one? And if you don't agree, why, you must be defending the shooter. Good luck getting any of the anti gunners to see that.
According to them, we're all just one broken shoelace from killing everything in sight.
But, most Muslims are ok.
Most Catholics are ok.
Most Liberals are actually sane.
Open door immigration is fine.

But, ya gotta watch all those damn gun owners. They ain't right in the head.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

you could be right about that.

I just think we are starting to think of each other as belonging to one group, like we all slot into little boxes and then we turn round and say I hate everyone in that box, that box and that box.

Dude, we are not, and NEVER WILL BE, one group.

The differences are stark, on purpose, and very real.

You will have to deal with beings that want things this way FOREVER, if you want to change things, and so far no one has gotten the courage up to destroy them.

The intricacies of the human animal lol, we are incredible experiments, that are in a very tightly controlled environment.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Some people try to put others in little boxes because they think it makes them easier to figure out. And it's easier to point the finger.

"Them! It's their fault! I feel vindicated now! Me! Me! I'm right!"

Ego ego ego. And around we go.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So let's kill 1 billion of them to lower that right?

Why even use %? The whole point is to show per person, they're about they same?

My favorite idea is that you say 1% though, as you seem to have the most reasonable math as the opposition behind this argument that this figure should be discerning, as it's argued between 0%-25%. Star for that. I think it's below 1%, but that margin of error is acceptable compared to some obviously blatant propaganda that is pushed. The problem is there a lot of bad guys, but hiding in the culture of a lot of not bad guys. Not just lots of bad Muslims.
edit on 16-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a common fallacy. If you belong to x group that "MUST" mean you're "yada,yada,yada." Seen a lot of this type of "reasoning" over the years. All of my life honestly. I don't care if it's in relation to religion, politics, Freemasonry, the occult, or what. You see this fallacy pop up time and time again.
edit on 16-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That has been going on for a long time in our society. I don't hate anyone, I may dislike their attitude or perception or ideals but usually I can tolerate people with different viewpoints. The thing is that a lot of people do hate others if they do not agree with them. The number of these people has increased a lot in the last twenty or so years too. The old saying "you are either with me or against me" means that anyone who is not agreeing is considered an enemy, even the people who want to stay neutral. I have found that often these people do not reason or bend at all. I have had broken friendships because I have not agreed with people wholly on a subject. They just quit talking to you and will not compromise with their beliefs.

There are a lot of stout Republicans like that, and also a lot of stout Democrats that way too. But this practice is not just about politics, some people will not talk to you if you are not backing their professional football team. A big one in the past was a difference between the organic eating people and the commercial food people. That was one of the worst of all of the programming's by the Food agencies. They BSed people that these chemicals were safe, maybe a lot of them were back thirty years ago, but now there are over fifty thousand approved chemicals in our food and only about five thousand have been tested or evaluated by the FDA,

Sorry about the off topic example, I was trying to show that evidence from years ago cannot be used to judge what is going on after severe changes have been made. That applies to everything.

So this indifference of people has turned to hate now and that is a dangerous thing. The media is excentuating the hate too, their desire for a better story makes them blow up things that are not really a concern to most people. Just to up their ratings. What happened to the old newscasting that just informed us with boring real news. I watch the news about flooding in an area and contact someone living there to find only a few streets are flooded, but the news makes it sound like the whole town is drowning. That is MSM. I am beginning to hate it because they are spreading deceit, the news used to inform people about what is really going on years ago, what happened in the last ten years.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Sadly I must conclude that most people are LAZY and STUPID so they get controlled by demagogues and rabble rousers. The Romanies are on of the most oppressed / broken of all minorities in Europe. Romanies are on a par with the Native Americans.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Tiny minority of Muslims...1%=30 million of radical terrorists.

OK so that is a statistical reality which You can back up. OK which 1% should we jail to prevent other terrorist attacks. What about the percentages of Bigots (Black? White and all shades in between) shall we jail them too??

Think about it

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Like deplorables can just be lumped into some sort of basket!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They create their own stereotypes and promptly enforce these by their own actions most of the time

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Always remember even if I agree with you I probably still hate you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join