It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Allies conduct intelligence operation against Trump administration, intercept communications.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

As part of intelligence operations being conducted against the United States for the last seven months, at least one Western European ally intercepted a series of communications before the inauguration between advisers associated with President Donald Trump and Russian government officials, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Western European intelligence operations began in August, after the British government obtained information that people acting on behalf of Russia were in contact with members of the Trump campaign. Those details from the British were widely shared among the NATO allies in Europe. The Baltic nation has been gathering intelligence for at least that long, and has conducted surveillance of executives from the Trump Organization who were traveling in Europe.

German electronic surveillance determined that the father of Trump’s Azerbaijani business partner is a government official who laundered money for the Iranian military

Source

Nothing to see here, move along folks. We must be supportive and give Trump a chance.

Who cares about some light treason or conflicts of interests? As long as he didn't email them.

A lot of People are speculating that the sanctions Obama put in place after it was released that Russia hacked the DNC were not just a retaliation, but a trap for anyone in the Trump administration to get caught in. If so, then it's clear that Obama was playing the long game.

Worse, the United States is now in a situation that may be unprecedented—where European governments know more about what is going on in the Executive Branch than any elected American official.

Pure chaos, and it's only been 3 weeks. I have a feeling Trump is going to regret pissing off the intelligence community.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

These sources spoke on condition that they not be identified because they were not formally authorized to disclose the information. While Newsweek was told which allied nations intercepted the communications and are gathering intelligence on Trump associates, the sources did so on condition that the countries not be identified out of concern those governments would incur the president’s wrath.

That's a start I suppose.

What fascinates me is that people are seeing some sort of high crime for communications before he was voted in (Trump). He had nothing politically to offer before Nov. 8.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I am in favour of alot of what Trump wants to do.
Control immigration.
Ban travel from terrorists and failed states
Bring back well paided working class jobs,
Scaling back of social programs.
Shut down unfair trade deals.

I am all in favour of.

But Trump really did choose some pieces of # for his cabnient.

Trump does not worry me but the POS he has picked for his advisors do......
edit on 16-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Yeah Trump is corrupt, greedy, selfish and he's using spray tan.

What the heck are you expecting ? We are talking about the guy representing the US, not some goat cheese producer living in the French Alps.

Trump was the most American of all presidential candidates. The more you delay this inevitable realization, the longer you'll be frustrated.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Excellent find, Muse. I don't know why you've played this off like it's nothing. S&F

Folks, this is exactly how the 'web of international Intelligence' works on US.

One country spying on us and providing that intel back to opposition forces within the borders of the target country.

This is how The Law is circumvented.

Glaring if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Trump should be thanking British intelligence for possibly detecting compromised individuals in his cabnient.

He should use this information to launch a investigation.

I would hope if the USA picked up possible signs that UK officials had been comprised, they would be good friends and tell us so we could route out the traitors.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Excellent find, Muse. I don't know why you've played this off like it's nothing. S&F

One country spying on us and providing that intel back to opposition forces within the borders of the target country.

Glaring if you ask me.

Exactly!! Unfortunately many will completely miss the fact that foreign governments were spying on American citizens either in or about to be put into office.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
What fascinates me is that people are seeing some sort of high crime for communications before he was voted in (Trump). He had nothing politically to offer before Nov. 8.

If Trump or his aides were working with Russia to win the election, they could have been involved in the hacks of the DNC, or it could be related. Also, Russia could have been planning for Trump to win and made some deals with him prior to the election. At any rate, a lot of things could have been happening between Trump, his staff, and Russia even if it was before November 8th. That was just one possibility. Flynn was conducting diplomacy with a Russian ambassador before he got his position under Trump, and it cost him his job.
edit on 16amThu, 16 Feb 2017 06:30:48 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

America is spying on those same forign goverments.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

... But isn't this considered meddling in us elections?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I have a hard time believing ANY story that is built upon a foundation of 'anonymous sources,' so this then becomes a wait-and-see game. But, I would caution jumping to conclusions, as it has been abundantly apparent that there is a massive group of tantrum throwers that have reared their ugly head since Clinton earned a loss during the election, so it's very hard to wade through the neck-deep cesspool of disinformation against Trump and his administration members.

I fully believe that Trump has appointed some people who have a high chance of being corrupt, and I also think that he has probably done some things that are amateur and may end up getting him in trouble (since he's an amateur politician and all), but there's no way that, with the climate of media and liberals that has developed since the election, anyone should take any reports like this at face value.

I mean, hell, just look at the author's contributions to Newsweek--he has a pretty heavy anti-Trump bias in the focus of his articles, so again, this is probably a case of uneasily trust (or view with skepticism), but verify, and only time will allow the verification of this story.
edit on 16-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Nope. Not at all.

That's pretty much standard practice among all nations.

Our allies spy on us. We spy on our allies. Constantly.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Sounds familiar huh...

How the table has turned.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

A lot of People are speculating that the sanctions Obama put in place after it was released that Russia hacked the DNC were not just a retaliation, but a trap for anyone in the Trump administration to get caught in. If so, then it's clear that Obama was playing the long game.

At least it is good to see people finally admit that Obama was sabotaging the incoming administration. Not only involving himself is the election, but fomenting and instigating rioting after the election, as well as attempting to destabilize international relations. All so that he could play the "long game?

Do tell, what is the anticipated outcome of such a "game"?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

At least it is good to see people finally admit that Obama was sabotaging the incoming administration. Not only involving himself is the election, but fomenting and instigating rioting after the election, as well as attempting to destabilize international relations.

I would bet what was released about Flynn was illegal, as Flynn is an american citizen. I think they could legally release the non citizen info, but Flynn as a citizen and in the usa is protected (unless they have a fisa warrent).
This info was logged and tracked; finding the leak will not be difficult. Those who released this info will face jail time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

As part of intelligence operations being conducted against the United States for the last seven months, at least one Western European ally intercepted a series of communications before the inauguration between advisers associated with President Donald Trump and Russian government officials, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

So US allies spy on private American citizens. That at the time were'n't even running or nominated.

Hmmmmmmm.

Seven months.

And long before the so called 'Russian Hack'.

Newsweek is full of #.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So it's ok for foreign countries to get involved in US politics now? Cool.

And no I'm not bashing any intel that comes out about the current administration, just pointing out the glaring hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So US allies spy on private American citizens. That at the time were'n't even running or nominated.

Hmmmmmmm.

Seven months.

And long before the so called 'Russian Hack'.

Newsweek is full of #.

Trump formally announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015. That's quite a bit more than seven months.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So now we have more than the Russians trying to meddle in our elections, but our own allies. Never mind Russia just exposing Hillary for the illegitimate nominee she is. Wasn't it Newsweek that picked up the story about Obama being from Kenya.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thanks to Edward Snowden, we learned that the NSA had been spying on our allies. Over 60 countries. I imagine they didn't like that very much, and figured if we could, so can they.
NSA spied on Allies
The Guardian 2013.

I don't like it, but we opened this can of worms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join