It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

/Make ATS Great Again/ Reopening The X-Files.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yep I agree. So much politics and lets get back to the "that's crazy" stuff! I've been lurking for quite some time as well.
I remember being nervous about looking into topics on this site thinking i'd be visited by mystery people in suits and dark glasses...lol

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
S and F's. Good post. I started here under a different names just after 9/11 in search of the truth behind it. We need more X-Files and less Trump to read on.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
YES PLEASE! I would love to discuss any of your suggested topics.. but the JFK car one did definitely tickle my fancy.

First off- did anyone see the William Cooper video suggesting the driver killed JFK? Would he have done that if there were two people sitting in between him and his intended target?

Secondly, there's this:

photoshop or what?

I am definitely one of the Berenstein universe peeps. Sorry if that makes me stupid and in possession of a bad memory..
edit on 15-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
dp
edit on 15-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

I started a similar thread yesterday , keep up the good work , we both wish for the same thing .

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A star and a flag OP!

For the past year or so I too felt that ATS has gone a bit too political for my taste. I started to be a member here because of the UFOs, Alternative Histories, Mysterious People and Things...the excitement of a new discovery or the thrill of an informed discussion.

The time I reminisced about those good ol days was also the same time I felt a bit sad.

Hope your message resonates in here.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The site is naturally going to get political based on the current climate.

I feel with everything that is going on, people have less interest in the topics you mentioned because... there's too much going on outside of the conspiracy/mystery/paranormal world. However, there are a fair amount of conspiracies emerging from everything that's happening. And although it's getting rather tiresome, politics is on it's head right now and I find this site the best place to keep up to date with the TRUTH behind what's going on.

Regardless, I'm with you on the difficulty of trying to tell others about the kind of topics posted on here. I have been called a conspiracy nut by both friends and family but I'm totally ok with it. I show my mother, for example, videos on 9/11. She refuses to believe it was an inside job but when I show her the info, the cover ups, the inconstancies... she just sits stunned.

You see it's easy for us to be categorized. I just wish the category was "truth seeker" rather than "conspiracy nut" ... because in reality, we're making more strides to understand this world and everything it encompasses than the guys who like to label us.

Stand tall!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

At least Saturday Night Live is getting better.

I was really liking your thread until this part.

They need to re-name that show "Trump sucks" because thats all they ever talk about now. They've always done political satire, yes. But now they are straight up acting like the PR arm of the shadow government and all things anti-Trump.

And also, like Jesus says, you can't "wake up" people that don't have ears to hear.
edit on 15-2-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
S&F! Excellent OP! When I saw the title I thought maybe Sublimecraft has been working on his x-files again. Those have to be some of my favorite threads on ATS.
If you haven't found them here is Part 1.

Earths Unsolved X-Files by Sublimecraft

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think most people on this forum wich are truely searching for the truth, have gone the same mental/spiritual way.

One day, something sparks the interest and you start searching the internet for more explaining but instead a whole new world opens up, your mind can barely take it in.
It's only normal for a person to want to share such profound and shocking things happening non stop, but most people don't want to leave that secure place the government created for them.

I have the perfect example, my best friend is a smart guy, he can think outside the box, in the beginning he got interested with some topics i shared, i remember we found some insane documentary called : Secrets in plain sight ( it's a long documentary so i leave it to the fellow die hard truth searchers to watch it
)

But after a while he just could not take it anymore and he stopped watching alternative sources. After 8 years he still doesnt like to hear me talk about such topics, so i always hold back with the "conspiracy" talk when i'm with him...

I adressed the problem a few years ago and he explained to me why he has no interest.
He said, some topics are so profound or ground shaking that it makes him depressed or miserable... he said he had no reason to look at the stuff that would only make him doubt his own life, he also said there is nothing he personaly could change about the things that makes him sad/depressed.

In understand his point but i disagree completely. And we all disagree, that's why WE are here!

I'm happy that ATS exists, to share and read with our fellow truth seekers!

And i strongly believe that the core of ATS won't vanish that easily... the "we are still here" part of the last battle in the Matrix just popped to mind

edit on 15-2-2017 by Convincedotherwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yes I couldn't agree more with the op.

Now clicking ATS on the browser is nearly identical to changing your tv set to Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Convincedotherwise

yes. This. Exactly. I will feel so passionately about something and not understand why my friends/family can't see what's in plain view. I've been told they understand they might be 'asleep,' but that's OK with them because they feel secure and content. I guess I just can't comprehend that because I WANT to know. Even if I can't do anything about it. My brain NEEDS to know. It's a hunger that needs to constantly be fed.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: angryproctologist

You have the best name ever! I gave you a star ! (Not chocolate though!!)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Love it OP! We need this here. A lot of times i will just happen to stumble across a thread that someone might have in their signature. No idea that such a fascinating thread was out there. I know a lot of topics have been covered on ATS already but some of those might be due for another look over. So many new people on here and heck one's opinion might have changed over that time.

One of my all time favorites is that the original Paul McCartney died and was replaced by who we think is Paul now. Very, very fascinating stuff there.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Excellent! I´ve been lurking for a long time, fascinated by hidden hand thread etc, wanting to belong to a community with another way to see things as they are. Have noticed the wall of biased political debate (which I also can understand sort of) but would love the see some of the old ATS back.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

I've dove really deep into faul McCartney. That's one of my personal favorites too.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great post! I have been coming here for over a decade (don't remember how I stumbled in, probably
aliens) and I agree there has been a shift. Several years ago it seemed as if the site was being directed by a new "force" or something and I really lost interest and faith in what was being put on here. IMO you learn discernment from weeding though all of the posts (without tons of rules) and it started to feel as if ATS was just another censored, politically controlled site and I really lost interest. Every once in awhile I still check in and basically lose interest again because now it seems completely politically driven.

Hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube but hopefully your post will bring back a resurgence of what ATS used to be, because it was awesome in the beginning.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Nice list. Let me add some common fortean topics to it:

• Weird planet: lost cities, Atlantis, sub-terranean civilisations, strange floods, blood and fish rains, underground cities, green folk from caves, new animal species, re-appearing species, strange tribes and nations, simulacra.
  • Alternate realities: time travellers, re-incarnation, predictions, hypnosis, predictive dreams, alternate history, drugs (legal, illegal), MIB, strange books (Voynich et al);
  • Aliens and UFO's: all that flies around that is not a bird, insect or something man-made, and their inhabitants.
  • Scary weirdo's: ghosts, ghouls, creepy clowns and interdims, gnomes, trolls etc.
  • Lovely weirdo's: fairies, leprechauns (well, most of them), spirit guides, angels etc.
  • Tall tales from the past: our FT features, for example, The Police News (from the Illustrated Police News, 19th century).
  • Conspiracies, of course, e.g. 9/11 was an inside job, the elections are rigged, cars can run on water but the inventors are killied off by oil companies etc.
  • Secret societies: the Illuminati, Skull and bones etc.
  • Out of statistical bounds: strange deaths, strange coincidences (are they?), repetitive lightning strikes etc.
  • Magic and related: wizards, witches, magicians
  • Impossible gifts: remote viewing, clearvoyance, correct predictions, teleportation, levitation, seeing colour with your fingers, infrared and ultraviolet sight, dimensional travel etc.
  • Religion: thugs, the devil, Catholics, Muslims, jews, Satanists etc. etc.
  • Generic strangeness: unknown sounds, weird lights, "impossible machines" (e.g. EMdrives), monster sightings, weeping statues, strange sexual behaviour (having sex with a truck comes to mind), folks with unusual (counts of) appendages, strange coincidences, out of place artefacts, extraordinary behaviour by pets or non-domestical animals;

Note that politics actually aren't that important in our fortean world. However, I've seen articles like "Is the president an alien?"..

edit on 15-2-2017 by ForteanOrg because: the list option wasn't an option

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
YES PLEASE! I would love to discuss any of your suggested topics.. but the JFK car one did definitely tickle my fancy.

First off- did anyone see the William Cooper video suggesting the driver killed JFK? Would he have done that if there were two people sitting in between him and his intended target?

Secondly, there's this:

photoshop or what?

I am definitely one of the Berenstein universe peeps. Sorry if that makes me stupid and in possession of a bad memory..

I'm gonna say photoshop.

Cause Jackie kinda looks like a dude in drag.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think if we considered why ATS has become a center for politics, we would not be so hasty to annoyed.

Anyone who has been a part of the conspiracy world for the last 10 - 50 years, and particularly a part of Above Top Secret for the last 5 - 15 years, has learned ALOT.

It's a lot of garbage, too.

But, what is the point of learning the truth about history?

It's to discover the future.

Now there are so many precedents that we are aware of that most people simply are not. Collectively speaking, of course.

Paying attention to current politics through the lens of understanding the true past of politics, science, and the world, helps us to pay attention to details No One Else would consider.

Having an understanding of that which has happened, or more accurately, that which may have happened, causes us to figure out what's going on for the future.

Now, we have that nostalgic feeling of mystery... Of the first dive into the rabbit hole.

But as with anything which causes a sense of wonder or euphoria, the first time feeling will never be found again.

But the truth... Now that is not something felt, but discovered. And searching for the truth becomes a present thing, even an obligation.

Once you've seen what may be, you can't just take the blue pill. You can, but no one is going to wipe your memory.

It will always be there, calling to you.

"Discover the future by means of the past. Put everything to the test."

You can only run away for so long.

If you try, then let your name be Jonah.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join