It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

/Make ATS Great Again/ Reopening The X-Files.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Times have changed and so have the facts which is why there are no more "X-files."

There is a reason why many conspiracies are no longer relevant because many are bogus. The Freemasons aren't trying to take over the world, they are just a club of like minded individuals. UFO's do exist but at least 90 percent of sightings are misidentified or hoaxed (read the Condon report) and the face on Mars is just a case of pareidolia.

I do believe in high strangeness as I have experienced it myself but I always look for a rational explanation and there are also plenty of irrational explanations. Many Americans hoarded weapons after listening to the War of the Worlds but where were the Martians? They never existed.

There is logic and then there is lunacy, I prefer the former.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I first started browsing ATS when I was about 12 years old; just a bored kid searching the internet for anything that deviates from the norm. That would be around 2000-ish. 29 years old now and my opinions have changed on some things, but I still love ATS just as much as I always did.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I Agree , ATS isnt what was, as from 5 years ago

I miss the old days of Intellect Discussions and posts of critical thinking
, problem Solving on threads members trying to solve a Theory a riddle , trying to find the Answer
instead of Ridiculing or Trolling on a Member

This Site has more have been a Take over , of Political rhetorical Nonsense of the
Red State Vs Blue State & Libs vs Cons Lately,

I also miss the Threads of Originality..
( NOT the One's that were copy cats of other Thread or from other Sites witch a lot of people place here )
as it not Above top secret .

I Agree I look for the Conspiracy Sections too ,, UFO E.T. related, Government Projects, Human experiments, Skunk Works , Ancient Mysteries, of the Unexplained ..

I myself . was in one of those category's ( well apart of )
as i mentioned here on ATS ...
its no Secret or Conspiracy
when you have Lived it

The CIA had Projects just as the Soviets had ... during the Cold War .
they had lessen down on the Human Projects after 1977 when they were exposed
Myself ( 1980 to 1984 ) was in a lesser project ,

all I can say is

If any of you had seen this ...

Stan Lees Super Humans
www.history.com...

My Favorite for example ..

Dennis Rogers Stan Lee's Superhumans HQ
www.youtube.com...

The Americans and the Soviets were looking for these types of people,
During the Cold War .. yes America ( USA ) and the Soviet union has
HAD a LESS exaggerated X men projects

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Wow I'm surprised Fox reported that.

This is just confirmation for me that the Military Industrial complex is at work. They prob would not feel even slightly bad about fomenting wars and putting millions of people to death to cash in.

I suspect they populate Trumps cabinet.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

The military industrial complex/deep state is at war with itself.
Methinks that quite a few true patriots have stumbled into the truth and aren't willing to go belly up anymore.
Makes for unsettling times.
HR Clinton was total sell out to the machine (and evil), I believe D J Trump is actually idealistic and believes he's here to shake things up...but he is so over his head and may actually be getting played by both Putin and Bannon. Sigh.

Out of this chaos, may more of the population be awake to the BS propaganda (left/right) manipulations than have been in the past. THINK FOR YOURSELVES PEOPLE.
There will be a false flag ---- as there has happened before...and before that ---and a righteous call to arms....and the coins change hands and millions of innocent lives get snuffed out or up-ended.
What a waste. Don't we have better imagination than all if this!?
Can't we dream up something better for our kids and grand kids?

edit on 16-2-2017 by SeaYote because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
A star and a flag OP!

For the past year or so I too felt that ATS has gone a bit too political for my taste. I started to be a member here because of the UFOs, Alternative Histories, Mysterious People and Things...the excitement of a new discovery or the thrill of an informed discussion.

The time I reminisced about those good ol days was also the same time I felt a bit sad.

Hope your message resonates in here.

Thanks!

Yes, enough with the politics.

Denny

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
It's the ad revenue. Same reason they are making such a stink over people using adblock. They have to tone down on outlandish topics because no sponsors want to be associated with a website making crazy claims. Its all about the money as usual, I haven't even used this site for THAT long and its glaringly obvious that they are trying to sanitize things it attract advertisers. It's also painfully obvious they wish they were Reddit.

Someone gets it.

Denny

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

My main topic of interest is the 'are we living in a computer simulation?' one. Followed UFOs and cryptids, such the recent BEK phenomena.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I could not agree with you more, i joined the site back in 2008 at which time i was only 14 and in 8th grade, the reason i had found this site was because of my Social Studies/English teacher who would always encourage us to do as much research as possible and my interest in aliens and confusion as to why someone would want to assassinate good people like JFK and MLK (at this time i never though it was anything more then some lone nutter who did it) as well as i had questions regarding 9/11 and while looking for thing for class projects i somehow came across this site and felt truly awakened.

This is something i have felt coming out of touch as i can rarely find anything of interest on here as it has all gone over to politics and the site is infested with trolls, i miss the days of seeing lots of things coming from Dreams and Predictions and Fragile Earth forums.

Now a few things a friend of mine perked my interest in that i haven't seen many posts on but i think people should research are, Crystalline Harmonics, Black Goo, The Archons, The True Illuminati vs The Kabal, The Kabbalah and missing books of the bible (removed by the church and TPTB), Morgellons and Archon Parasites, and other odd things on 12th dimensional beings and Human Ascension.

But it would be hood to see the site go back to how it used to be.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The Paranormal brought me to this site, at first I would just read threads and topics about things I knew and had heard about and others that i had no idea existed, finally one day I created my account and haven't really looked back since. I still to this day find the Paranormal and Space exploration forums two of the most interesting. S & F to you sir.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
And the thread breaks down into anti-theist ranting... About the same as last I was here and the Youtube channel "next level bs" was being preached as absolute truth. The political ranting seems the natural progression of that skeptic mentality. Oh well.

Anyway, here's some quotes for the anti-theists:

Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Big Think interview said, "Consider also that in America 40% of American scientists are religious, so this notion that if you're a scientist that you're an atheist, or if you're religious that you're not a scientist, that's just empirically false. It's an empirically false statement."
bigthink.com...

Werner Heisenberg (1901-1976) was a German theoretical physicist and one of the key pioneers of quantum mechanics. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1932. He was a Lutheran and a member of Germany's largest Protestant religious body, the Evangelische Kirche. He said,

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”

Carl Sagan (1934-1996) was an astrophysicist famous for the television series Cosmos. He was agnostic, and as one writer pointed out, “Much like Charles Darwin, Sagan recognized that claiming that there is no God is as irrational as claiming there is one.” He is quoted as saying,

"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

Mary Schweitzer is a paleontologist who is known for leading the groups that discovered the remains of blood cells in dinosaur fossils and later discovered soft tissue remains in the Tyrannosaurus Rex specimen MOR 1125. According to an article in Smithsonian Magazine,

www.smithsonianmag.com...

"...For her, science and religion represent two different ways of looking at the world; invoking the hand of God to explain natural phenomena breaks the rules of science. After all, she says, what God asks is faith, not evidence. “If you have all this evidence and proof positive that God exists, you don’t need faith. I think he kind of designed it so that we’d never be able to prove his existence. And I think that’s really cool.”..."

But as for the Christian Bible, much has been lost in translation.

For example, the reference people make to "talking snakes" is badly out of context because in Genesis it says that God cursed the serpent to crawl on its belly. Snakes already crawl on their bellies, so it's not much of a curse. Another creature was referred to by the name "serpent" which also appears in the book of Revalations. A dragon. Those were dragons in the Garden of Eden, not snakes, at least not until they got cursed. And any argument about a lack of evidence in the fossil record shows ignorance of the fact that about 1% of all species are represented in the fossil record, so something odd not showing up is perfectly reasonable. The main point being that actual intellectuals catch that, while edgy anti-theists just look for anything they can argue with.

And to leave off with something thought provoking, people often ask for "proof" of the supernatural. In the martial arts, masters are able to break solid bricks and bend spears against their necks till they break. That's not a bunch of gimmicks and cheap tricks. It's a physical manifestation of Chi, and it's an in-your-face proof of the supernatural, whether you choose to believe it's spiritual or some manifestation of human thought energies as seen in the movie "Lucy".

I think H. P. Lovecraft said it well in the Call of Cthulhu where the main character said,
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability
of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We
live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have
hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together
of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas
of reality and of our frightful position therein, that we shall
either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly
light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Despite anti-theist claims of pushing for a new "dark age", religious people are well aware of this precarious position, but instead of actually fighting science, they simply pray.

Now I'm going back to reading the garbage on 9gag, because it's the same political and anti-theist ranting, but at least there's funny pictures mixed in.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Trihalo42

Many scientists are true Christians also.
So being a scientist does not automatically mean that he is an atheist

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks for reminding me of these topics! I now have something to do this weekend

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Other than a certain large database of esoteric topic that we all probably use to reference these discussions, what exactly are you talking about when you say that Antarctica might be larger than we've been told and why exactly does that matter?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
First things first a huge compliment for the kind being who started this lovely thread.

Obviously you are absolutely right, main reason i joined ATS is because of a obsession with strange and mysterious things, however i do have a lack of interest in the whole political issue and the whole dramatic scenery i am a more out of the box kind of guy i like to speculate i like to discuss and most of them all i like to learn.... Unfortanly the political scene has taken over even before the whole hell in America thing started to break out anyways like every other person i like a good mystery as well as a good conspiracy it's hard these day to find like minded people even on ATS because all you see on the front page is either a rant or one political fanatic whos still trying to figure it all out what is fraudly plan the president now might have in mind.... Anyways lets get back our lovely wacky tin foil hat and let us speculate the hell out of subjects that use to make us come back and look at it again let us be our self and form threads of self interest and not because of televised advertisement let us have our community of like minded beings and have conversations that to the regular person seem obsolete after all special people like us have to exist other wise the people would just feel normal..

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yeah, kinda like the matrix for the real world.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree. ATS used to be about genuine, well researched conspiracy theories.

Almost everything in your thread was awesome. As my previous posts said, you mention Pizzagate and you lose all credibility with serious conspiracy theory researchers.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. For me it was 9/11 and ancient civilizations. Theses topics were such a big discussion as short as four years ago here on ATS. Now I rely on other sites and pod casts for the continuation of these topics and how they lead onto much more mind blowing information.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, I just put it to my favs and I have to spare some time for reading it

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Trihalo42

Don't give up Trihalo42 --- Disagreements happen --- anti this pro that.
Just groove on and keep sharing your insights -- love what you've shared here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join