It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

/Make ATS Great Again/ Reopening The X-Files.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that I loved this post - I am hoping to post my own something in the near future to help make ATS great again - watch this space!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

I noticed when some topics started getting deleted for no other reason than "we don't talk about that here" that something was changing. I have always believed that no matter how controversial or disturbing a topic is it still must be discussed to get to the truth of the matter. I left ATS soon after this started happening

Between 2008 and 2011 something awful occurred to this site, it changed; it seems every thing became personnel. They actually started deleting and really trying to teach you what say and what not to say, it was scary because it all just came out of know were.

It was kind of like invasion of the body snatchers but in this case, invasion of the forum snatchers…it is as if something took over ats…something took over management…something.

If its one thing I found out about the majority of forums that have a high audience the government or somebody has there number…that’s fact.

I remember back when the Jerusalem video came out I witnessed on 6 forums, every owner every mod, every single management all logged on for days if not weeks telling us that this video was fake. Skeptic overlord was up for 5 days straight explaining that this video was fake.

That’s when this site really scared me, because I knew they all got a phone call ,not saying the video was real but the way all the forums scrambled together to down play it and call it fake, was Epic!

Its ironic how your memory goes back to the occupy wall street...and me the jerusalem event...both 2011 events..maybe that's when ats got snatched by

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hell YES!!! I fully agree with the OP.I came here after reading several threads about the assassinations of the 60's.Since then I've seen a more commercial/political slant that has made the forum seem to be a typical news site.Yes,I know that the more mainstream the site is the more willing advertisers will be to stick around.But in the process I think the ownership has lost sight of the purpose of ATS.We didn't come here to talk about politics and all the BS that comes along with it you can do that anywhere,many of us came to get away from all that and to talk about *gasps* conspiracy theories and the paranormal! I realize that's not a very popular opinion here nowadays seems to me that classic threads like that seem to be derailed by newer posters who seem offended by the very idea that there's alternative topics here.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Couldn't agree with you more Agent008. Great intro and great thread!

When I first discovered ATS I didn't even know anything about the 9/11 conspiracy! I stumbled across ATS by accident and the first thread I remember was "Real Life Super Powers." Not long after that I got stuck into "Concious OOBE. It's real!" by the River Godess. Two fantastic threads. The topics of the day were CoIntelPro, MKUltra, Chemtrails, The Greys, the Anunaki, John Titor, Billy Meir, David Icke, etc. That was back in 2005. For a while ATS was a great place to learn about all the stuff you are not supposed to know.

However, after a while, there seemed to be nothing new. All the topics were the same, all the input you had heard before and it was rare to come across something new. Occasionally I'd check in and see if there was anything new but usually there wasn't. The thing that kept me checking in every once in a while was the thirst I had to discuss interesting topics with others and the memories of the early days when I kept learning new secrets that have been hidden from us, but it just became so rare to find something here that satisfied those needs.

Sadly, ATS is a mere shadow of itself in the early days. I still remember what it was like though, and this thread has given me hope that it can return to it's former glory. In the last few days I have actually been looking around for other serious discussion forums on the internet. Finding one that is not completely brainwashed with Mainstream thinking is very difficult to find. Even when one does fit the bill it's usually very partisan. Despite it's current state, ATS still houses a wide variety of open-minded, intelligent and non-partisan members that keeps me coming back.

PS: Perhaps, there is already something here, but I would dearly love to have a place to be able to blog my thoughts on different topics, rather than only having the debate style threads that we have here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

My favorite conspiracy theories was John Titor (Though he's more a fraud), Operation Black Jack and the idea that Jesus is married and has children.

When I first joined ATS, I came here for John Titor.
edit on 3/16/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join