It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tales from the Other side? Tales from across the Nexus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm working on a series of short stories from the perspective of a Wizard who slips between dimensions for wild and unforgettable adventures.

Currently I only have a few of the stories worked out, but I hope to pen them and find more inspiration for exciting chapters to my compendium of shorts.

If my fellow ATSers are willing, I'd like to use this forum as a sounding board/ place to generate ideas so that I have some interaction in my writing process. Interaction with others when generating a story is critical for me, and I have recently moved to Denver, so I don't really have a community of friends here to spend the time I need with.....

That means, I choose you ATS!! Whaddaya say? Wanna help an old Wizard collect his thoughts and remember his travels?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
How about travelling to the court of King Arthur where you get mistaken for Merlin and end up being dragged in to some daring do adventures with the young King?

Or as you have moved to Denver, good call by the way, you are asked to devise some magic potion which supers up the strength of the local weed?

Or you travel back to Salem at the time of the witch trials and save the day?

Just a few thoughts, a couple of cliches for sure, but I am sure you will be able to make it entertaining.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HighWizard

I'm working on a series of short stories from the perspective of a Wizard who slips between dimensions for wild and unforgettable adventures.

The best ever example form film that I have seen is when Frodo slips on the ring and winks out of the reality here, then begins seeing the dimension over there. Everything goes weird, with moving edges, amid rushing sounds, the ring wraiths appear as they really do, the tower with the fiery eye rushes up to him, a guttural voice rasps, "I see yuuu...!" Talk about

Favorite "slipping dimensions" scenes in the Ring movies.

Another, the battle of the wizards with staffs in the first ring trilogy when Saruman holds Gandalf on the floor in a whirling vortex of energy. At the end in here...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
These are all fantastic ideas. You guys rock with the creative feedback.

Please keep it coming, and I'll post ideas that I have as well. Whenever I get on to the writing, I'll post links to the stories here for your approval.

Thanks again everyone. You guys are amazing.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Read my short stories they are a total f# up

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i think you should, start your story as someone with no knowledge of being a wizard, and go along steps of the things that you have discovered that have sent you on your path.... so that someone who has no previous knowledge of the subject can read it, and by they are at the end of the story, they will know all about how to do those "magical" things, instead of starting with terminology that would be alien to the novice, because they may lose interest.
Great idea btw

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

In the vein of Terry Goodkind's "Wizard's First Rule" and the follow-on's to that?

I thought they were terrific.

edit on 2/15/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join