It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump sellout: Alex Jones trashed by former editor for playing the race religion card

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Kurt Nimmo, a longtime former editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com, has been publicly trashing his ex-boss as a “snake oil salesman” who sold out to support President Donald Trump.

Nimmo has repeatedly trashed his former employer for turning into “infotrump.” He tweeted that the site has become “the Trump branch office in Austin” and that Jones “turned over his audience to the #Trump Borg hive.” He’s also called Jones a “snake oil salesman” who is “playing the race & religion card.” Nimmo responded to the site’s hiring of Jerome Corsi by writing: “#Infowars hires neocon, joins Republican effort to rekindle Cold War. Imagine my surprise.” He has also suggested that Jones has purged personnel who have disagreed with his new direction.

A Trump sellout: Alex Jones trashed by former editor for playing the race religion card

This has been clear to most astute obsevers for some time but to hear Kurt Nimmo come out and say this is pretty damning. From his Twitter exchanges, it is clear Nimmo has no respect left for Jones. Also interesting that he gags employees.

It amazes me that anyone takes AJ seriously after his shameless propaganda for Trump.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Any sane and rational human being knows Alex Jones is a snake oil salesman that should not be taken seriously.
edit on 10-2-2017 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: woden1809
Hahaha Alex Jones.... he should have been a comedian......
Maybe he was......
What a hick!!!...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It is amazing that anyone would take any news outlet seriously as they all either shill for the Left or the Right, but mostly the Left. Alex Jones isn't any worse than MSNBC or CNN. He just shills for the opposition.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

This sounds as if this Nimmo the nobody, wants to be the real salesman for snake oil.

What a sad, pathetic low life specimen he's become.

I find Alex J doing a fairly good and informative job. His team is really digging into things.

And the more libs scream and run panic in circles - what the better proof Alex is doing heck of a good job!
edit on 10-2-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: woden1809
It amazes me that anyone takes AJ seriously after his shameless propaganda for Trump.

Most "conspiracy theorists" are ready to believe anything and anyone as long as it's something different from the accepted narrative. Even if it's all BS.

Jones, Trump, Banner, they all know this and use it daily to grow their fanbases.

Only a handful of smart and critical people on this board could really be called "conspiracy researchers". Everyone else is just a consumer of copy pasted news from dubious sources.

link   

I happen to find Alex very informative and entertaining. I bet he has created more jobs than 90% of the people criticizing him. Jobs that feed families and support our economy. I still think he should have a post in Trump's cabinet, maybe 2020 perhaps?? I like the idea of Alex in charge of Homeland Security.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think it is important for other folk in the altmedia communitybto come out against him though. He has massive reach and influence. A lot of people are in denial about him as they have built up a kind of loyalty. As he morphs into Breitbart it is useful if he gets called out by other ppl like Nimmo.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Have you read Nimmo's work? He is doing a lot of useful work into the continued influence of bankers and military-industrial complex on US and world affairs.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The big difference for me is that AJ has started exploiting racial and religious tensions. I have moral objections to that. I agree all news sources have biases, but some explicitly exploit social divisions for political or financial reasons. Alex Jones and his lapdog Paul Joseph Watson seem to have no problem with doing that.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
Hahaha Alex Jones.... he should have been a comedian......
Maybe he was......
What a hick!!!...

Oh I see what you did there lol

Thing is for me, I hated Jones for so long, just his blustering demeanour. But the past year or so, I've listened to him, at first for the comedic way he rants. It's funny, and I needed some comedic entertainment since giving up the gogglebox.

But I never heard him sell out to Trump. I've heard him at first say he likes some things, but not others. was weary of him to some degree, but as things evolved, he became more a supporter because Trump didn't follow the narrative. He led his own way, and ignored the established political norms. He is definitely an outside and out of reach of the concurrent regime.

And even still, I hear him say that if Trump fails to fulfil his policies, or backtracks or falls into line with the old way of things, he will take him up on it.

We've not even been given a chance to see any of this come to pass, or to fruition.

As for the race card? Jones regularly has various guest host speakers, black, latino, muslim... so are they also sellouts to their own people?

The main thing I do see him doing these days, is making you look at the MSM as they slander and malign him, in an effort to retain some sort of legitimacy - but the dog has bolted. they are in nothing short of damage control and are throwing everything up in the air to diffuse reality.

Jones says he puts facts before him out there, and if it is wrong, he concedes. The MSM do not.

And for what it's worth, I'd rather do my own research on issues, and learn for myself via unbiased documented factual things, than rely on any one source for my own understanding.... I just don't see Jones as a sell out. Sure, he sells things. But hey, do you BUY a newspaper? do you allow sponsored adverts on your news stream to give the provider income?

If you skip passed adverts on your TV do you not think of it the same as using adblock?

I guess unless you get your information from friends of a friend, or direct from a source, then you're no different. paying for what you 'learn'...

And have you tried the new and improved flavour of El Diablo coffee beans? Why they take the old flavour and add 100% more deliciousness. I never knew real coffee till I tried the new El Diablo coffee bean. It's sourced from the ancient lands of Brazilian shamans, kept in a secret remote location to maintain it's purity. It picks me up and never lets me down. I drink it every morning, and my days is now so much more energetic and full of pizzazz yet without the jitteriness that most other brands have given me in the past. Yes indeed, new and improved El Diablo coffee beans. My only choice for a good cup of coffee in the morning.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7
He is highest viewed alternate news,he supported Trump,he speaks the truth,how is that being a sell out? please explain to me,must be new liberal meaning,a sell out is Bernie Sanders,why not use him as an example he is the poster boy

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

He produced a whole video on the police state yet now he never talks about Trump expanding it. He used to criticise torture under Bush but says nothing about Trump. He used to criticise Gitmo, now nothing. He used to criticise Goldman but now Trump has six members in govt (the most ever) he gives him a pass. He warned ppl about Obama wanting to invade Iran for 'the globalists' but says nothing now Trump is clearly pushing for conflict. He used to warn about Obama's 'pivot to Asia' but now is silent as Trump threatens conflict. He used to hate all neocons but now they are around Trump he gives them the benefit if the doubt. The list goes on. The extent of his hypocrisy with Trump has seriously shocked me.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

On top of all this, he completely avoids the important stuff that is going on with Trump and the very real problems with him. Instead the website has become full of anti-Dem, anti-SJW, anti-Muslim, anti-Mexican articles. I know he is not a reliable news source and should not be expected to do proper journalism but the fact so many ppl are not wise to his tactics continues to shock me.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Just like ATS, Alex Jones is also subject to extreme content shifts during an election cycle.It is what it is. Once Bilderberg and G20 summit rolls back around the corner, we will see the same old Alex, and even ATS should smooth over a bit by then.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: muse7
He is highest viewed alternate news,he supported Trump,he speaks the truth,how is that being a sell out? please explain to me,must be new liberal meaning,a sell out is Bernie Sanders,why not use him as an example he is the poster boy

Alex Jones is fake news.

Maybe even worse than CNN, since Alex Jones routinely fleeces his listeners for millions of dollars and has an ACTUAL store that sells Snake oil

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: woden1809
the fact so many ppl are not wise to his tactics continues to shock me.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

One thing strikes a jarring note in that. The cold war reference.

As far as I can tell, Trump is broadly pro Russia so I fail to see how he is ushering in some new cold war. Surely that was the position of the Democrats?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Where did I mention the cold war? Russia seems fine for the moment, but China, Iran? Things are getting much hotter.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Haha. Yeh, I should lower my expectations. It will make life easier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join