It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump sellout: Alex Jones trashed by former editor for playing the race religion card

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: woden1809

One thing strikes a jarring note in that. The cold war reference.

As far as I can tell, Trump is broadly pro Russia so I fail to see how he is ushering in some new cold war. Surely that was the position of the Democrats?

If you look closely you'll see that that line is about neocons and republicans, not Trump.

Sometimes people have different agendas over specific topics even if agreeing in general. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: woden1809
a reply to: SprocketUK

Where did I mention the cold war? Russia seems fine for the moment, but China, Iran? Things are getting much hotter.

from the quote you posted.

Nimmo responded to the site’s hiring of Jerome Corsi by writing: “#Infowars hires neocon, joins Republican effort to rekindle Cold War. Imagine my surprise.”

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

It is still an article about the relationship between Jones and Trump, hence my confusion

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Haha. Yeh, I should lower my expectations. It will make life easier.

Yeah, never forget that 1 american out of 5 belives the earth is less than 10.000 years old and that dinosaur bones have been placed in the ground to trick us (or maybe they were in Noah's ark, hard to tell)

I hate to say this, but most people are really really gullible. Critical thinking is a skill you learn. Do you think it is taught enough to our children?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I agree. It probably is best not to let it concern me. It does though, especially when so much is at stake. I always knew AJ was a snake oil salesman but he seemed to have some principles that concerned his audience like torture, surveillance, war, police powers, etc. But these have been completely dumped and his audience seems not to care. It shows how easy it is to manipulate the public. That worries me especially when a lot of the content now is shameless hackery exploiting race, religion, etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I agree. It probably is best not to let it concern me. It does though, especially when so much is at stake. I always knew AJ was a snake oil salesman but he seemed to have some principles that concerned his audience like torture, surveillance, war, police powers, etc. But these have been completely dumped and his audience seems not to care. It shows how easy it is to manipulate the public. That worries me especially when a lot of the content now is shameless hackery exploiting race, religion, etc.

You are right. It concerns everyone. People in power know very well that it's much easier to tell a lie and let others try to prove it false, than to try to convince others using truths.

Propaganda has always been based on this. This site's motto is to deny ignorance. Yet this is almost a lost cause since there will always be more people ready to believe lies (lies comforting their opinions) than people taking the time and effort to painfully reassess their beliefs and opinions.

Nevertheless the mission to deny ignorance and manipulation is a vital one, and we should never cease to strive for the Truth in everything we say and do, because how could the world be better if we don't start with ourselves?

Always remember these words below and when they were uttered. Now more than ever the world is facing a similar threat as some people willingly spread lies in an almost industrial fashion in order to confuse, shock and ultimately subdue the public.

Read this carefully and ask yourself if it reminds you of people you know:

A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth

There was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the **er, and this will always be "the man in the street." Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology.

Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.

Propaganda must facilitate the displacement of aggression by specifying the targets for hatred.

This is the secret of propaganda: Those who are to be persuaded by it should be completely immersed in the ideas of the propaganda, without ever noticing that they are being immersed in it.

The truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

We enter parliament in order to supply ourselves, in the arsenal of democracy, with its own weapons. If democracy is so stupid as to give us free tickets and salaries for this bear's work, that is its affair. We do not come as friends, nor even as neutrals. We come as enemies. As the wolf bursts into the flock, so we come.

It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.

In the newspapers there is insulting and stirring up hatred. Those irresponsible daubers!

Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.

There is no need for propaganda to be rich in intellectual content.

Whoever can conquer the street will one day conquer the state, for every form of power politics and any dictatorship-run state has its roots in the street.

The masses need something that will give them a thrill of horror.

The hour is dark and there are people, predators, who wish to seize power with the use of lies and deception. More than ever this site should be a beacon of critical thinking and a counter power to those who think they can obscure the Truth enough that people can be subdued.
edit on 10-2-2017 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Oldtimer2

He produced a whole video on the police state yet now he never talks about Trump expanding it. He used to criticise torture under Bush but says nothing about Trump. He used to criticise Gitmo, now nothing. He used to criticise Goldman but now Trump has six members in govt (the most ever) he gives him a pass. He warned ppl about Obama wanting to invade Iran for 'the globalists' but says nothing now Trump is clearly pushing for conflict. He used to warn about Obama's 'pivot to Asia' but now is silent as Trump threatens conflict. He used to hate all neocons but now they are around Trump he gives them the benefit if the doubt. The list goes on. The extent of his hypocrisy with Trump has seriously shocked me.

I dont think you listen to him, he has questioned Trump several times on his torture policy.

There is a difference in working for Goldman or Goldman working for you. Trump doesnt want yes men surrounding him.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Trump is a puppet

Jones is a loose cannon who would say anything to pander to the conspiracy crowd and secure his customer base

The real predator at play here, hiding behind both these men, setting up the narrative that has led to the current situation in the US, is Bannon, and the ideas he represents. Bannon genuinely believes that America is due for a judgement day in 2020 and that a New World Order will emerge from it. And he wish to be the leader of it. And this is his handbook:
www.amazon.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I like the idea of Alex in charge of Homeland Security.

Nope.
No.
Nooooo.
Nopenopenope.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Trump is signing executive orders without properly reading them. He is not the master orchestrator you think. With so many Goldman alumni around it is inevitable their power will tell. Let's face it, they won't accept any less.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I second that. I was part of this game last year selling batsh*t bull# news to right-wing / republicans. Made awful lot of money. You dumbsh*t people.

edit on 10-2-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

I fail to see the point you are trying to make.

Maybe you got confused reading the OP like SprocketUK ?

e: since you edited your text out, I suppose you realized you hit "post" too quickly

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
I was part of this game last year selling batsh*t bull# news to right-wing / republicans. Made awful lot of money.

If this is true you have nothing to do on this place, and basically admit to spread lies for personal gain.

These lies being partly responsible of the current turn of event and the increase of tensions, divisions and hate worldwide.

If this is not a troll you should be really ashamed, being a plague of our age and an enemy of Truth. That is if you aren't completely overrun by cynicism and misanthropy. Whether or not you believed what you sold, it was used for nefarious purpose. You are like a weapon dealer selling guns to war torn countries.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: muse7
He is highest viewed alternate news,he supported Trump,he speaks the truth,how is that being a sell out? please explain to me,must be new liberal meaning,a sell out is Bernie Sanders,why not use him as an example he is the poster boy

Alex Jones is fake news.

Maybe even worse than CNN, since Alex Jones routinely fleeces his listeners for millions of dollars and has an ACTUAL store that sells Snake oil

I don't know if anything can be worse than CNN, but I don't read Alex Jones either. I know Alex Jones hasn't pushed any news that causes myself and my family danger of being attacked just for being a white Trump supporters. I also don't see gangs of Trump supporters out causing havoc on anyone who supporters the lefts political ideologies. So I guess conservative news outlets no matter how far right they lean hasn't went to the depths some of the lefts media outlets have gone.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: muse7
He is highest viewed alternate news,he supported Trump,he speaks the truth,how is that being a sell out? please explain to me,must be new liberal meaning,a sell out is Bernie Sanders,why not use him as an example he is the poster boy

Alex Jones is fake news.

Maybe even worse than CNN, since Alex Jones routinely fleeces his listeners for millions of dollars and has an ACTUAL store that sells Snake oil

I don't know if anything can be worse than CNN, but I don't read Alex Jones either. I know Alex Jones hasn't pushed any news that causes myself and my family danger of being attacked just for being a white Trump supporters. I also don't see gangs of Trump supporters out causing havoc on anyone who supporters the lefts political ideologies. So I guess conservative news outlets no matter how far right they lean hasn't went to the depths some of the lefts media outlets have gone.

Your personal (and probably biased) experience doesn't weight much as an argument to determine which news outlets is the most damaging to society as a whole.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It is so biased I would not be surprised if it was Alex Jones himself.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It is so biased I would not be surprised if it was Alex Jones himself.
Speaking about biased, or rather downright manipulative up to a ridiculous point news outlet:

This is the level achieved by American MSM Fox news:

A new low. I would laugh if it wasn't downright scary. Just like in the movie idiocracy.

Next week a graph comparing Trump to Pol Pot to show how great the current American president is.

I'm baffled how Americans don't feel insulted to be fed such crap while calling it "news".

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It is entertainment just like Infowars. The worrying thing is ppl treat it as news. I think as a society we may have a limit to our collective intelligence. The heights of creativity increases but collectively we are morons.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It is entertainment just like Infowars. The worrying thing is ppl treat it as news. I think as a society we may have a limit to our collective intelligence. The heights of creativity increases but collectively we are morons.

There have certainly been repeated attacks over the last years against anything intellectual or critical in the US. Attacks against schools and universities, attacks against science and scientists, attacks against non-conservative media.

Anytime and anywhere in history this happened, their was also a seizing of power by an authoritative clique, and the elimination of any form of opposition.

Dark days are ahead for America.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Salon is the same site that said pedos are A ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join