It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: xuenchen

Before someone else brings it up....
Define illegal.

il·le·gal
i(l)ˈlēɡəl/
adjective
1. contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

Specifically to this topic, illegal includes her illegally (eg. not following the law) to enter the United States, illegally ustilizing the assets of the United States (roads, benefits, etc.), stealing from the American citizens (illegal use of our assets), etc...and...Identity theft (a huge problem) when she stole, used, abused, etc. an American citizen's Social Security number which is a Federal Crime.

Does that help you a bit?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm glad to hear there were at least some other mitigating circumstance to her being detained and/or deported because for a minute there i was a laboring under the illusion that some poor woman had been dragged away from her family and kids just down to her being of foreign origin.

I would have thought that being married and having children who are US citizens automatically qualified one for citizenship?

What did she do that landed her is gaol, do you know?

Nope.

My good friend is a US citizen and his wife is Hong Konger, 2 kids.

He is back in school in KY and he applied for her Green card last march.

Still waiting for it. He said the SD is backed up 9 months.

He had to get permission for her to stay in the US while it was going through.

I haven't applied for my wife yet, seems a big PITA since we won't move back for any length of time.

We have no ties there like my friends. Although it will be good to have when the SHTF, lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Sounds like a horrendous situation if ever there was one.

I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I work around these people every day. I don't hate them, they are only trying to better themselves. But when some come to our country, illegally, and protest our president. GTFO! If we did the same in Mexico, we'd be eating cockroaches in a ***thole prison for 20 years.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: butcherguy

Before someone else brings it up....
Define illegal.

il·le·gal
i(l)ˈlēɡəl/
adjective
1. contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

Specifically to this topic, illegal includes her illegally (eg. not following the law) to enter the United States, illegally ustilizing the assets of the United States (roads, benefits, etc.), stealing from the American citizens (illegal use of our assets), etc...and...Identity theft (a huge problem) when she stole, used, abused, etc. an American citizen's Social Security number which is a Federal Crime.

Does that help you a bit?

It wasn't for me.
It was for those souls that believe we don't have any borders.... Or sometimes even laws that need to be obeyed.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Break the law, pay the consequences.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I want to also see our legal immigration process changed and I'll make this quite simple.

Immigration to the USA is NOT simply relocation. You do not immigrate or are not permitted to immigrate here to simply change your location. You MUST also assimilate into America and...become an American. That includes accepting and practicing those things that make an American, an American. You also MUST follow, accept and believe in our laws, morals and values. You must learn to speak and read English and swear to instruct any children you have or may have to also become Americans.

Simply stated...unless you wish to become one of us...you are not welcome. America does not need nor want people coming here to change us, oppose us or fight with us. If you love America, can articulate how and why you love America and accept on-going reviews to prove to the rest of our citizens that you are assimilating into an American...then and only then are you allowed entry to our exclusive little club.

All others...check out Mexico. They seem very content with open borders.
edit on 2/12/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I say build a wall that will double as state and federal penitentiary and house prisoners there. That way you have armed guards stationed all along the wall to watch for escaping convicts. Probably won't need to worry about illegal immigrants crossing that.
As for the illegal immigrants already here, deport the bad ones when they get caught in a constitutionally legit way, except for the known violent danger to society types, who need to be tracked down for deportation, like cartels, violent felons, pedos etc. And like some others suggested, path to citizenship for the good citizens plus a five thousand dollar fine. The rest you really can't be a tyrant and start rounding them up. Just let them be with suspended privelages like renting/buying homes, bank accounts, schools, welfare etc until they're caught, and charge employers with a violent national security threat, treasonous type charges for people who employ illegal immigrants. I'm sure the feeling of being ostracised will be a good deterrent eventually.

edit on 12-2-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

edit on 12-2-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So I worked for the state taking calls dealing with Medicaid. A couple of weeks ago I received a call from a lady (healthcare provider) who had an illegal immigrant in her office. She was under the impression that the dept of human services (DHS) had programs to help them. I asked if he had a student or work visa. I asked if he was legal. She stated no. I explained nicely that we do not support illegal immigrants using state taxpayer money. When asked what "I" would do, I said "I would drive him back to the border and drop him off on his side of it."

Fast forward 2 days. I was called in by HR and fired. I was also told DHS does have programs to help illegals. I wish I had the money for am attorney because I feel I was wrongfully fired. I said exactly what the federal law states and cannot find any information on what programs the DHS has for illegal immigrants.

On a side note, I can say I lost my job to a Mexican while many say it is a cliché, I mean it. In this time of PC run amok, the federal law apparently means nothing to the organization I worked for.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Yet they turned my 83 year old mother, down for Medicaid and she was born here, her mother is Native American, and she she has worked since she was 12 years old.

Amazing, how easy it is for them to tell American citizens that there is no money available for them, but there is money for the "illegal/undocumented".

This is a real sore spot for me because I had to tell Americans every day, for too many years, that they have to suffer without assistance, while providing care and services for non-citizens. It hurt. I fought until I couldn't fight anymore and had to give up my job before I was kicked out, so I know how you feel.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If her kids go with her to Mexico they get Mexican citizenship right?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

how exactly does that work? i am not saying that i do not believe it's possible for an illegal alien to get tax payer benefits, i am asking how that is legally possible? aside from an illegal having a stolen identity and using that for government assistance, how exactly does an illegal alien get some kind of free benefit that an american citizen cannot? can you explain since you worked with government assistance and saw illegal aliens getting public assistance?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: agent404

Looks like that is so. On page 11 of this thread it is discussed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Again, we get it, you don't think identity theft is a big deal. Never mind the people that lose their houses, huge amounts of money, and end up in jail as a result of it.

No... but I do think there is a difference between legality and justice. The woman used the false ID to gain employment not to rob someone. In fact she did nothing to harm anyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And you know this how?

Do you have any idea what comes with identity theft? Do you know the repercussions? Do you know that no harm was done?

If so please post links, otherwise the woman is a criminal!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
And you know this how?

Do you have any idea what comes with identity theft? Do you know the repercussions? Do you know that no harm was done?

She was convicted of criminal impersonation... because she used a fake ID to get a job along with almost 200 other employees at a water park. She lived in the US for at least 2 decades, and has children who are US citizens. She is not a drug dealer, not a violent criminal, not an identity thief.

If you think that deporting a mother of two who is a productive, tax paying member of this society is justice then by all means, celebrate with vigor. Meanwhile, I will shake my head in disbelief at the deplorable state of this so-called "Christian" country. You are not making America great, you are making America disgusting.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

20 years is a long time and the issue of her offence should have been dealt with years ago, sadly...and i can see how this would be traumatic, having stayed in US so long, but my guess is, illegal immigration is either dealt with or ignored...but politicians are going to be active/inactive on this, whether we like it or not...we as citizens do have a voice in the matter, however quiet or small...writing to your local Congressmen is one thing we can do.
A couple of posters on this thread pointed out that her children will be able to go to Mexico with her.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: Martin75
And you know this how?

She was convicted of criminal impersonation... because she used a fake ID to get a job along with almost 200 other employees at a water park. She lived in the US for at least 2 decades, and has children who are US citizens. She is not a drug dealer, not a violent criminal, not an identity thief.

If you think that deporting a mother of two who is a productive, tax paying member of this society is justice then by all means, celebrate with vigor. Meanwhile, I will shake my head in disbelief at the deplorable state of this so-called "Christian" country. You are not making America great, you are making America disgusting.

Because she used a fake ID to get a job
She lived in the US for at least 2 decades
Then you say she is a tax paying member of this society.

OK so here are my thoughts.
1. She used a fake ID, this is a crime in the United States
2. She has lived here for at least 2 decades and has yet to file for citizenship!
3. You say she was a tax payer...how do you know this? And if she was paying taxes who's SS# was she using? Was this stopping them from getting their refunds?

You like to make it a simple black / white picture and say she isn't violent but it isn't that simple. This woman broke the law and when she was caught she continued to break the law. You try to use her kids as a reason I am supposed to feel sympathy towards her, why wasn't that enough reason for her to do the right thing and try to stay with them?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

She stole/used someone's real actual "ID", it wasn't fake ID.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

People who get hold of actual social security numbers will get work using that social security number and get tax deducted from their paychecks, which as far as I know never gets returned when caught, so it's kept and used as taxes.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join