It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump can commit murder and you trump supporters wouldn't care. That's what I think of your opinions.

But this isn't murder you are being an idiot!

If she wanted to stay she should have done some paperwork. Guess she didn't like the US that much after all.
edit on 2/10/2017 by Martin75 because: fixed my code

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump can commit murder and you trump supporters wouldn't care. That's what I think of your opinions.

Interesting hypothetical.

And I bet you are the type of person that wouldn't care if an illegal stole some poor womans identity.

Oh wait, thats not hypothetical, thats what is actually happening!

Strange how your hi minded morality only applies when it fits your political ideology.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If I have to obey the law, why don't immigrants? Why do they get to pick? Why does the Left keep sticking up for felons, with a sob story about "tearing families apart'? They knew they were breaking the laws, right? So, who's fault is it?
I [ and every gun owner ] had to jump through hoops to own a weapon. I had to jump through even more for a concealed carry license. The law is very firm on that. I knew the law and the punishment for not following it.
Laws have been established how fast I can drive. If I break that law, knowing that it's been around for quite a while and I've been aware of it for years, I pay the price.
Why do immigrants get special treatment, getting to pick which laws they have to follow, just because they've been here awhile? I've been here 52 years, born and raised in the U.S. from a line of people that've been here since about 1660.
Can I just ignore the laws I don't like? That would be so nice to get to pick and choose. I mean, my family and I've been here all that time, having kids, paying taxes, ......

See how stupid it sounds when you want to let people ignore long established laws, just because they've been here a while?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I feel a lot of the reason for this double standard is bigotry.

People that say illegals shouldn't have to follow the laws believe so because they believe that these people are LESS capable than the rest of us.

They treat them like children that are able to follow the rules of us adults, and so they need to be coddled.

Its insulting.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

However, what if most of them have committed the felony of ID theft, which harms innocent people in a very real way.

My ex brother in law noticed something funky about his social security, called to dig into it and found out his SS number is being/has been used by 4 people in different parts of the country. 3 in California, 1 in New York. Both with high numbers of illegal immigrants. He had to produce a birth certificate, driver's license and other documents showing he was the actual person, before they would do anything about it. According to SS, those numbers had been used by one of those people for several years to draw benefits.
edit on 10-2-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hey man this may sound coldhearted, but this is not a sad situation at all. Like a lot of people have already mentioned she has had YEARS to become a legal US Citizen and she failed to do so. It is her own fault for not doing so and because of her own decisions she is now away from her husband and kids. No one else's doing but her own, nothing to feel bad about.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am curious how many would not seek to throw out a stranger who just walked into your home? Seriously, it is a complete stranger. They tell you to just ignore them, they are homeless and just need a roof over their head. In a short time, you see another stranger has moved in, claiming to be the spouse, then children. They begin to eat the food from your fridge claiming they are starving and can't provide for themselves. Your family has to find some food, now. My question...how long will you really not say...'no way, get out. I didn't ask you to come, you forced yourself on me, I am not responsible for you or your family? 'My family has to come first! Illegal immigration is a stranger forcing themselves on our society. Legal immigration is a guest who asks and gets an invite!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Whew! Good thing that ICE deported another hardened criminal from the US! Man that's awesome, I feel so much safer now that she's gone. I mean seriously, she was a huge threat and a blight on society. I'm sure all the other illegal immigrants that check in regularly to immigration officials will continue to do so. I'm just glad that ICE is focusing on the dangerous ones so I can sleep better at night... maybe I'll even leave my doors unlocked now. Awesome work boys... go round up some more!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I know!! I can't wait until they're all gone... back to the sh*t holes they came from. Then we can focus on the blacks and the Jews... hell maybe even the Irish... never liked those beady eyed little leprechauns. It's gonna be beautiful man... one nation under Trump!! Once we get the borders sealed up we can focus on making America great again... for true Americans like you and me!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
A house of plenty can give generously, but a home with no flour or salt in the pantry, is a hone without bread to share. Where are the protests, the fights, the demands, for these citizens.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Again, we get it, you don't think identity theft is a big deal. Never mind the people that lose their houses, huge amounts of money, and end up in jail as a result of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Whew! Good thing that ICE deported another hardened criminal from the US! Man that's awesome, I feel so much safer now that she's gone. I mean seriously, she was a huge threat and a blight on society. I'm sure all the other illegal immigrants that check in regularly to immigration officials will continue to do so. I'm just glad that ICE is focusing on the dangerous ones so I can sleep better at night... maybe I'll even leave my doors unlocked now. Awesome work boys... go round up some more!!

I know right? Because this is the first time someone has been deported and separated from their family. It just never happened before Trump became president!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I'd like to hear opinions for people on the other side.
I'd like to see a coherent legal and moral argument that is convincing enough for her to stay.

I do not want to see an argument that is a bunch of fluffy feelings. Lots of people do crimes and are taken away from their family.

Thats a good point and one never mentioned.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
I know!! I can't wait until they're all gone... back to the sh*t holes they came from. Then we can focus on the blacks and the Jews... hell maybe even the Irish... never liked those beady eyed little leprechauns. It's gonna be beautiful man... one nation under Trump!! Once we get the borders sealed up we can focus on making America great again... for true Americans like you and me!!

Even the way you look at Trump, whatever amount of truth there is in it is simply a response to the opposite......wide open boarders, government funded immigration and employment service on tax dime ect, free medical card ect amounting to immigration welfare.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I got my identity stolen by and illegal and I was treated like it was me the one doing the stealing and a thief and the burden of prof put on my hands while the piece of crap that stole my identity walked free.

And the worst thing to face is that I am a female and the piece of crap illegal was a male and he used his male name even when everywhere my records showed that I was a female.

But no, the government agencies are soo corrupted that they don't have time to check on how identities are stolen.

I send a letter per week for a year calling the government agencies incompetent, corrupted and full of #

Until the matter was settle and I got the money that the piece of crap illegal stole from me back un full.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
this is the kind of talk that calls for a hitleresque round up of illegals seeing as how there must be millions of illegals using false identity. before you start accusing me of using hitler as a comparison(i try to never do that) when was the last time there was a mass deportation of millions of people, not to mention the cost it would entail? you would have to be far far far right or far far far left to call for that.

i would be on board deportation of violent criminals, immigration reform, but not mass deportation of millions of people.

It's only for illegals with a criminal background. There's nothing Hitleresque about that. Absolutely nothing at all. Hitler rounded up Jews because he didn't like them, and he put them in camps to die. Trump wants to round up illegal alien criminals because they're here illegally and have committed felonious crimes and put them back in their home country. How could that be anything close to what Hitler did?

You know, if you're going to tell the story of Hitler at least tell it right.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
this is the kind of talk that calls for a hitleresque round up of illegals seeing as how there must be millions of illegals using false identity. before you start accusing me of using hitler as a comparison(i try to never do that) when was the last time there was a mass deportation of millions of people, not to mention the cost it would entail? you would have to be far far far right or far far far left to call for that.

i would be on board deportation of violent criminals, immigration reform, but not mass deportation of millions of people.

It's only for illegals with a criminal background. There's nothing Hitleresque about that. Absolutely nothing at all. Hitler rounded up Jews because he didn't like them, and he put them in camps to die. Trump wants to round up illegal alien criminals because they're here illegally and have committed felonious crimes and put them back in their home country. How could that be anything close to what Hitler did?

You know, if you're going to tell the story of Hitler at least tell it right.

according to some they are all criminals from the get go because they crossed over illegally. so if you round up 10 million criminals and load them up onto trains and planes and ships and deport them back all over the world that would definitely create a hilteresque scenario.

now if we are talking violent felons, pedos, drug dealers, rapists etc etc i don't think anyone will mind if you deport them.
if that is where you draw the line then i do not have any problem with that. once you start calling for mass deportations of millions of people, scapegoating and splitting up families that is where it becomes unamerican in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
This is a question to those that think illegals should be allowed to stay. Has your life been directly effected in a negative manner by illegal immigration and if so could you please enlighten us as to how?

It seems I got the exact answer I thought I was going to get............CRICKETS. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt and as long as it's not you, you're all in.

I won't go into how it's effected me as I've mentioned it in other post, but it hasn't been good. To me it shows the detachment that many of you have to a problem that many others have had to endure. I don't think any of you pro- illegal cheerleaders would have the same feelings about illegal immigration if it had effected you the way it has me and millions of others.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join