It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: queenofswords

so you hate illegals so much that you are willing to spend billions of u.s tax payer money to round up and deport millions of people? how american of you. a more logical logistical solution would be to immediately, deport existing illegal aliens in the judicial system, pedophiles, rapists, violent felons. i would offer a path to citizenship to hard working, decent, non welfare leeching immigrants. i would give them a $5000 fine for entering and working in our country illegally. i would secure the borders and extremely vet all future immigrants, i would also put a limit on the amount of immigrants allowed into our country according to how many we can comfortably handle.

remember only half of illegals are from mexico, imagine the amount of money it would take plus the humanitarian "hitleresque" nightmare it would create. train after train load of illegals sent back to mexico, plane after plane load of illegals sent back to europe, china, middle east. africa etc etc.

it takes a lot of confidence and ambition to leave your home country and emigrate to another country to work and better your life for you and future generations. it is the dna that our country was built on, we can use these peoples hard work ethic and values.

You are hyperventilating for no reason. I actually think some---some---of your ideas are reasonable.

I hate no one. Keep your personal insults to yourself, please. Why do you think I was concerned with dividing families and have been trying to find out if the children have dual citizenship.

I swear, some people cannot see forest for the trees! I think you are one of them and have bought into the left-wing media hype that there will be a Hitleresque roundup of all illegal immigrants.

That is not going to happen....but, if you are here illegally, maybe you better keep your nose clean and not commit a felony. Reasonable? Yeah?

The thing I hate is what has happened to our country because of the lawlessness, ineptness, and the weakness of the past four administrations to do what is necessary to keep our borders secure.

Nobody is talking about going around and rounding up everybody. Do you not listen and understand?

#1 - You came here illegally
#2 - You never even attempt to gain citizenship
#3 - You commit a felony
#4 - You are out of here

And...if it is found that you VOTED, that is a crime.....you are out.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Reply to conspiracy nut

I agree with most of what you say.

However, not with the identity theft thing

Having fake papers that isn't stealing someone Identity is not as big of a deal for me.

But those that committed the felony should be deported. ID theft is a very serious crime that can destroy lives. There would be no need for round ups, but if the authorities stumble upon a stolen ID during another check, they should be deported.

Why am I looking at 2 and 1/2 years (or 1 and 1/2 year depending on the issue) if I steal someones ID, but these people get a pass.

Would you prefer they each spend two years in jail as opposed to being deported? How much will that cost?
edit on 9-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You bring something important up.

People on here are admitting that almost all of the 15 million people probably have fake IDs and papers, and they use them to get a better life.

We know at least in the last election they had every reason to fear Trump winning, and so these millions of illegals with fake ID's and papers perhaps thought stopping Trump getting elected was necessary for their livelihood.

Yet we are to believe none of them voted?

It just seems like there is a good chance that at least a portion of these people would try to vote.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
my ideas are reasonable. i consider myself right in the middle of the political spectrum. so how would you go about enforcing the immigration policies?

undocumented immigrants should be offered a sort of amnesty, a path to citizenship, for those willing to work and support themselves and their families.

get rid of the pedos, murderers, violent felons, they are not a positive contribution to this country. those that came here illegally and are using stolen identities as long as they are decent people i do not think that those reasons should be an automatic deportation.

secure the borders, extremely vet and limit all future immigrants, pay the fine, register in to the pathway to citizenship or get out, that sounds fair to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Life caught up with her; life catches up to us all at some point.

We need to stop worrying about individual situations when we make the policies society lives by.

Outside of her family this story is largely irrelevant; it's become entertainment for the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

i believe some of them had the guts to vote illegally but i also believe the vast majority of illegals are too scared to try and pull that off. listen we all bring up valid points, we should be afraid of terrorism, cartels, welfare leeches, illegals influencing elections etc etc but i honestly do not think that millions of illegals illegally voted.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Reply to conspiracy nut

Having fake papers that isn't stealing someone Identity is not as big of a deal for me.

But those that committed the felony should be deported. ID theft is a very serious crime that can destroy lives. There would be no need for round ups, but if the authorities stumble upon a stolen ID during another check, they should be deported.

Why am I looking at 2 and 1/2 years (or 1 and 1/2 year depending on the issue) if I steal someones ID, but these people get a pass.

Would you prefer they each spend two years in jail as opposed to being deported? How much will that cost?

my preference would be to fine them $5000 and put them on probation. if they used the fake paperwork to ruin someones credit and all kinds of other fraudulent activities now that would be a different story.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

i believe some of them had the guts to vote illegally but i also believe the vast majority of illegals are too scared to try and pull that off. listen we all bring up valid points, we should be afraid of terrorism, cartels, welfare leeches, illegals influencing elections etc etc but i honestly do not think that millions of illegals illegally voted.

IMO you're looking at it the wrong way. If I was an illegal, and there was a man that was running for office that made it very clear that he is coming after me if he is elected then I wouldn't hesitate to vote illegally. What would I have to lose?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

for one the average illegal works check to check and can't afford a day off to go and possibly get busted and in their paranoid world deported for trying to illegally vote. i am sure some did, thousands on the low end hundreds of thousands possibly on the high end, imo i do not believe that millions of illegals voted.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

IMO you're looking at it the wrong way. If I was an illegal, and there was a man that was running for office that made it very clear that he is coming after me if he is elected then I wouldn't hesitate to vote illegally. What would I have to lose?

Especially given that no one ever takes the crime seriously it seems. It would be one thing if you were an illegal, and you saw that in 2012 a bunch of illegals got deported for trying to vote. But instead not only do you not hear that, you here people screaming at anyone even suggesting any fraud.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i would just like to say thank you for keeping the conversation civil. we might have conflicting views but it is nice to be able to discuss the issues without resorting to name calling and attacks.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

undocumented immigrants should be offered a sort of amnesty, a path to citizenship, for those willing to work and support themselves and their families.

Well, guess what? Ronald Reagan allowed this with the promise that Congress would pass stronger laws that would secure our border. That never happened. They failed to do it ....and, now look! Here we are 25 years later dealing with the same old thing.

The wall must be built. Period. The border must be secured. Once that is done, we can begin the long process of getting this mess resolved.

I know one thing for certainty. Donald Trump is a doer. He is a solutions-oriented president, and he can fix this problem. It's terrible that lawless individuals and stupid politicians are throwing monkey wrenches in the works every chance they get.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Reply to conspiracy nut

my preference would be to fine them $5000 and put them on probation. if they used the fake paperwork to ruin someones credit and all kinds of other fraudulent activities now that would be a different story.

But thats outrageous.

If I commit the same crime this woman committed I would be spending at least a year in jail, and be a felon.

Why should her punishment be less than a citizens?

As far as people having their credit and what not damaged, first, sometimes thats not known for years. The person whose Identity this lady stole may apply for a loan 5 years from now only to find out her damages.

And secondly, thats not how the law works. I don't get a slap on the wrist for a DUI if I didn't hurt anyone. The crime is the crime.

Do you think the majority of illegals have committed the felony of identity theft, or do you think most of them committed the misdemeanor of having fake papers?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

i would just like to say thank you for keeping the conversation civil. we might have conflicting views but it is nice to be able to discuss the issues without resorting to name calling and attacks.

Oh same to you. I enjoy these discussions, and I think you are making a lot of great points I agree with. But even if I totally disagreed with you I would enjoy the conversation.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You bring something important up.

People on here are admitting that almost all of the 15 million people probably have fake IDs and papers, and they use them to get a better life.

We know at least in the last election they had every reason to fear Trump winning, and so these millions of illegals with fake ID's and papers perhaps thought stopping Trump getting elected was necessary for their livelihood.

Yet we are to believe none of them voted?

It just seems like there is a good chance that at least a portion of these people would try to vote.

I can promise you they voted. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Left Coast politicians not only knew it, they encouraged it....you can take that to the bank, and we are going to find out soon enough.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

we definitely need to secure the border i just do not think the wall will help with that. the wall will be a gigantic money pit, that money might be better used fighting the cartels and deep rooted corruption within the mexican government. remember only half of illegal aliens come from mexico, so we spend billions on the wall, how many billions are going to spend fighting the other half?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well, guess what? Ronald Reagan allowed this with the promise that Congress would pass stronger laws that would secure our border. That never happened. They failed to do it ....and, now look! Here we are 25 years later dealing with the same old thing.

The wall must be built. Period. The border must be secured. Once that is done, we can begin the long process of getting this mess resolved.

I know one thing for certainty. Donald Trump is a doer. He is a solutions-oriented president, and he can fix this problem. It's terrible that lawless individuals and stupid politicians are throwing monkey wrenches in the works every chance they get.

Right and thats one of the problems I have with Angeldolls interpretation that basically because we have done anything for so long, they should get to stay.

The American people have been told for 25 years that immigration would be dealt with, but because of greed that border was left open.

Now the American people are told, "Sorry we lied to you for 25 years. Now its too late to do anything"

I don't buy it.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

we definitely need to secure the border i just do not think the wall will help with that. the wall will be a gigantic money pit, that money might be better used fighting the cartels and deep rooted corruption within the mexican government. remember only half of illegal aliens come from mexico, so we spend billions on the wall, how many billions are going to spend fighting the other half?

We have already spent enough on "fighting" drug cartels and as far as corruption in Mexico....it's ingrained...that is a losing battle.

Our corrupt politicians that depend on cartel donors and Mexican interests will now have to work for their campaign funding. That's what we need to clean up.

I say, spend whatever we need to spend to secure the border. The American People spoke loud and clear! "Build That Wall!!!" It will be done. Then we can focus on all the things we need to do to get back on a healthy track in this country.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

We have already spent enough on "fighting" drug cartels and as far as corruption in Mexico....it's ingrained...that is a losing battle.

Our corrupt politicians that depend on cartel donors and Mexican interests will now have to work for their campaign funding. That's what we need to clean up.

I say, spend whatever we need to spend to secure the border. The American People spoke loud and clear! "Build That Wall!!!" It will be done. Then we can focus on all the things we need to do to get back on a healthy track in this country.

half of the american public wants the wall, the other half is against it. i believe we need to sit down at the table and see if we can find a better way.

walls are so middle ages and cold war, it's 2017 i think we can come up with something better.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This wall is going to be different. This is not going to be your typical construction. You will see soon enough. It's needed and necessary for our national security and our public health.

But, remember, it's going to have a beautiful "door"....very beautiful.

edit on 9-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join