It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother taken into custody after decades in U.S.; 7 arrested in Phoenix protest

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is a question to those that think illegals should be allowed to stay. Has your life been directly effected in a negative manner by illegal immigration and if so could you please enlighten us as to how?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So, she got a free pass for her criminal behavior for years, and now she isn't? Cry me a river.....then take it back to where you came from! I have no sympathy.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenI notice it makes no mention of her commiting indentity theft,a felony if I'm not mistaken,liberal's at it again,put cart before horse,if it sounds better,good Federal govt doing job

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Very soon the MAJORITY of people who did not vote or support Trump are going to eradicate this evil that has started to seep into society.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
Not for at least four years your not

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Very soon the MAJORITY of people who did not vote or support Trump are going to eradicate this evil that has started to seep into society.

sure they will

THEY WOULDN'T EVEN SHOW UP TO VOTE

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What did this poor human do to anyone? We have been persuaded to become such mean creeps. Jesus wept.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think I am seeing what all of the protesting is about.

I thought it was obvious that Trump was only deporting people with felonies. So I wonder what the big deal was with people so against this, and cities being sanctuary cities, and such.

Now its becoming clear.

I thought most illegals just had made up identities. While this is a crime, its only a misdemeanor. However, what if most of them have committed the felony of ID theft, which harms innocent people in a very real way.

If thats the case, it now makes sense why people are fighting so hard for sanctuary cities. The dirty secret is they know millions of these people have committed felonies and caused who knows how much damage to innocent people.

But those defending these felons have no sympathy for people that have lost their house or even ended up in jail because of this theft.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
What did this poor human do to anyone? We have been persuaded to become such mean creeps. Jesus wept.

Did Jesus also weep for this womans victim who had her Identity stolen?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

She put herself and her family in a bad situation due to some very poor choices (entered the country illegally and identity theft, that we know of) and is now facing the consequences (deportation) as a result of those choices.

Are you saying that she should not face any consequence for the actions she herself has taken?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

She was convicted of ID theft.

She had victims.

How 'bout those people eh?

p.s. read the whole story and thread for details.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

"In a statement, ICE officials said only that Garcia de Rayos was detained because of her prior conviction, which stems from a work-site raid almost a decade ago. They did not comment on whether they diverged from the previous check-in specifically because of the recent executive order."

It says she was convicted and was checking with officers on regular basis. It's because of Trump. You follow that path. I won't be persuaded.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
This is a question to those that think illegals should be allowed to stay. Has your life been directly effected in a negative manner by illegal immigration and if so could you please enlighten us as to how?

Kathryn Steinle had a negative life effect caused by an illegal alien that was on probation after a crime in another state.

Kathryn Steinle, 31 -- a medical sales rep on her way to see her sister-in-law, who was expecting a baby -- was shot in her upper torso at Pier 14 in San Francisco on Wednesday around 6:30 p.m., police said. Despite a Good Samaritan helping officers attend to Steinle before paramedics arrived, she later died at San Francisco General Hospital. The alleged shooter, Francisco Sanchez, 45, fled the scene, but officers found him in front of a restaurant in the area about an hour after Steinle was shot. Sanchez was on probation in Texas at the time of the shooting, and he has been formally charged with Steinle's murder, according to authorities

ABC

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Did you miss this part:

In 2013, an immigration judge found Garcia de Rayos had no legal stance to remain in the U.S. and issued a voluntary departure instructing her to leave the country, Ybarra-Maldonado said.

She chose not to and is now facing the consequence of that choice.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

"In a statement, ICE officials said only that Garcia de Rayos was detained because of her prior conviction, which stems from a work-site raid almost a decade ago. They did not comment on whether they diverged from the previous check-in specifically because of the recent executive order."

It says she was convicted and was checking with officers on regular basis. It's because of Trump. You follow that path. I won't be persuaded.

Please reread the thread. This has been gone over again and again.

She was convicted of criminal impersonation (pled guilty), a class 6 felony. This would normally get a person 1 and 1/2 years in prison.

She spent 6 months in custody while the case went on.

She was sentenced to voluntarily deport in 2013. Now the law is black and white, if you are an illegal and you committ a felony, you get deported. It has been this way since before the Obama administration.

But Obama refused to enforce the law. So this judge allowed her to check in every 6 months while she appealed her sentence.

She never won an appeal as far as I can see. So now someone comes in who will enforce the law. Her appeals are over. She had 4 years after being found guily of not having her sentence enforced.

You think this is somehow horrible, but she has been treated so much better than a LEGAL citizen that committed the same crime would have been.

A legal citizen would have wen to jail for a year and a half. They wouldn't have got to stay at home and work and be with their family for 4 years while they appealed their sentence.

You feel bad for this woman, and I do too. But she committed a felony. Where is you sympathy for the woman whose idenity she stole? And why do you think that just because she is illegal she should have less of a penalty for a crime than a legal?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Nah. That majority is going to be a minority after illegals are removed, since they will no longer be able to vote

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You go ahead and cry. Seems you care more than she did.

She knew she was here illegally and had a felony on her record. That is why she pushed to organize a protest, she knew she was being deported.

It's a shame she didn't care enough about her children to try to take the legal path to citizenship.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Did you miss this part:

In 2013, an immigration judge found Garcia de Rayos had no legal stance to remain in the U.S. and issued a voluntary departure instructing her to leave the country, Ybarra-Maldonado said.

She chose not to and is now facing the consequence of that choice.

These people only listen to judges when they AGREE with them.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nobody DIDNT see this coming.

Illegal resident, Felony for identity theft.

Get her out of here, she knew what she was doing was wrong

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Trump can commit murder and you trump supporters wouldn't care. That's what I think of your opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join