It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conway Promotes Ivanka Trump Products in White House Interview, Raising Ethics Questions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DePlOrAbLeAmErIcAn
They should doubling down in defense of Ivanka's clothing line and everything else. America is back and the liberals are just going to have to deal with it.. The Clinton Foundation scandal was/is still the big issue under the rug but it will soon be swept out.. MAGA

I didn't realize Clinton won the presidency. It's pretty sad that you had to reference a private citizen when trying to defend trump's actions.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's a private business. They need ZERO reason to stop carrying a product line. Get over it!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
This leftist mentality to attack everyone who doesn't think like them, especially people that one way or another are related to Donald Trump has gone so far and become so disgusting that makes me wanna barf. Do they realize that what they're asking to be applied on Ivanka is non other than a typical behavior that was so humiliating and dehumanizing in the ex communist countries? Because your grand father might have done something against the government (most of the cases were just opposing verbally the system) generations after of the same family were persecuted only because of that. Was called a stain in the biography and was part of the war between classes. The working class (that shamelessly the communist elite portrayed themselves as being part of) and the enemies of the system, bourgeois, that were deemed as such by the system for opposing their party line. This is pure communism at its worst. A degenerate system that produces only oppression and suffering, a system that can work at its best only as dictatorial. And this leftist have the nerve to call others as non tolerant, bigots, fascists and racists? Wth is going on in this world?

I don't think communism means what you think it does. This is capitalism In its purest form.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cypress

This leftist mentality to attack everyone who doesn't think like them, especially people that one way or another are related to Donald Trump has gone so far and become so disgusting that makes me wanna barf. Do they realize that what they're asking to be applied on Ivanka is non other than a typical behavior that was so humiliating and dehumanizing in the ex communist countries? Because your grand father might have done something against the government (most of the cases were just opposing verbally the system) generations after of the same family were persecuted only because of that. Was called a stain in the biography and was part of the war between classes. The working class (that shamelessly the communist elite portrayed themselves as being part of) and the enemies of the system, bourgeois, that were deemed as such by the system for opposing their party line. This is pure communism at its worst. A degenerate system that produces only oppression and suffering, a system that can work at its best only as dictatorial. And this leftist have the nerve to call others as non tolerant, bigots, fascists and racists? Wth is going on in this world?

Not to go off topic , it is not just the left. The right side of the line does the same. In the end you have the spokeswoman for the white house breeching a line that had no business being crossed and is concerning. Regardless of political affiliation.

I fail to see how this two things can be compared. What the spokeswomen did might not be to ethical but is far from what the left are doing. Besides, supporting someone is totally different that condemning the very some one with the so called "guilt by association". If we follow that mentality, all the relatives of nazi leaders, including some of Hitler and Himmler that today live in US (Arizona and New Mexico) should be degraded and imprisoned because of what Hitler and Himmler did. How does that make sense? This is a very dangerous line of thought and can lead non other than toward a dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

I don't think communism means what you think it does. This is capitalism In its purest form.

Not to come off as know it all but I know that system very well not just in theory but also in practice . I lived it and I know how it works. For over 20 years I experienced on my own skin what it is and what it means. And yes, they live in a capitalist system at its purest but their mentality is that of a communist. Enough said.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Actually the right is arguing against capitalism here. They believe Nordstrom should be forced to carry a line they don't want to. Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Sigh, Ivanka doesn't deserve to have people act biggoted towards her, due to their dislike of her father. Its the height of hypocrisy.

I think Kelly Ann is riding the fine line here and would of been better leaving it lay.

Ivanka is a wonderful person from what I can tell, screw Nordstrom and their customers if theyre so thin skinned. Her line is beautiful.

I love Ivanka, she is a living doll. However Conway with her undying smirk needs to go to jail. King Oompa-Loompa needs to fire her immediately

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Telos

The Christian Right has called for boycotts over such things as JC Penny publishing an ad that has a same sex couple.

I guess that failed boycott was justified though.

There is no such thing as "JC Penny".

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

She has chosen to align herself with her father. While she has no official role at the White House she is seen as a senior advisor. Therefore, the actions her father takes are in a way a reflection of her own beliefs. So it's not like she's an innocent person that is in no way involved with her father's politics.

The people related to Hitler on the other hand sought to distance themselves so much from their family history that they changed their last name.

Nice attempt at a strawman though.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

That's the best counter argument you've got? I missed an e in Penney. Big whoop.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

She has chosen to align herself with her father. While she has no official role at the White House she is seen as a senior advisor. Therefore, the actions her father takes are in a way a reflection of her own beliefs. So it's not like she's an innocent person that is in no way involved with her father's politics.

The people related to Hitler on the other hand sought to distance themselves so much from their family history that they changed their last name.

Nice attempt at a strawman though.

Mine was an example of guilty by association. Trump is not Hitler. Is the POTUS elected democratically and has been in his office little less than a month. I don't think Ivanka is seen at all as a senior adviser. Is just D.T daughter. You talk about her innocence or not like Trump is a criminal. Of course everyone has the right of an opinion but when you act upon it by willingly damaging someone's reputation than it becomes an oppressive action.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yea thank God the Clinton's didn't set up a multi-billion dollar fake foundation, and use their officials positions to promote it.

smh

Sold Indeed.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Pearj

That's the best counter argument you've got? I missed an e in Penney. Big whoop.

Grammar police. Lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Our so called "free press" is nothing more than an extension of the Democrat party and we're supposed to be outraged over this?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Nobody is damaging her reputation. They are simply choosing to not to purchase her products based on her actions. That's pretty much the definition of capitalism.

Also, if you don't think Ivanka has taken on a senior advisor role then you haven't been paying attention. I'd go so far to say that she had taken on the most senior advisor role. That of First Lady.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Ivanka is a wonderful person from what I can tell, screw Nordstrom and their customers if theyre so thin skinned. Her line is beautiful.

She's an active part of Trump's administration. She sits in on meetings with foreign dignitaries. She has an office in the White House. Her husband is in up to his eyeballs as well

Who exactly is being thin skinned?

She signed on - to all of this. If she didn't understand the fact that many people don't like her daddy or his policies, and that they might choose to demonstrate that with their dollars - then this will clearly be a learning opportunity for Ms. Ivanka

edit on 2/10/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: words...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Considering that we're starting to see a pattern emerge with this administration where they skirt or outright violate ethics rules I'd say there's plenty of reason to be outraged.

I mean when was the last time there was widespread bipartisan agreement on anything? Both parties have come out and denounced this move. The Republican head of the Oversight Committee is even recommending that she be punished.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Our so called "free press" is nothing more than an extension of the Democrat party and we're supposed to be outraged over this?

Fox news and Breitbart are part of the Democrat party? News to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
she broke the law.. plain and simple.
I really don't want to see her getting fired over this though, to be honest, I kind of feel sorry for her.
but, she did break the law, telling us americans to buy Ivanka's products.
there's a problem when those who are representing out gov't starts blasting american companies for not carrying or buying the products from the businesses of the family of our president.. it kind of sends a message of..
"Use our hotels, shop in our businesses, you might get favors, otherwise, you might get publicly humiliated in tweets and on cable news networks."

weather it be a business, a state, or a city... you shouldn't be putting them in a position where they feel intimidated by the gov't if you happen to do unkind things to the businesses the first family are tied to!

so, let's wait and see if there is any backlash to so. carolina for being unkind to the business interests..

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If Conway broke ethics laws then fire her ass, and shortly after this example they need to pursue the Clinton's full force by punishing them for every law they broke.

And then they need too set an example by firing, and legally pursuing every person in office that violates the law, this way hopefully we won't have anyone left in Washington by the end of the year.

The sword cuts both ways.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join