It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conway Promotes Ivanka Trump Products in White House Interview, Raising Ethics Questions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: yuppa

She was acting in an official capacity as a representative of the White House. I'd say that's on the clock. Also, as Ivanka is not an employee of the US government that makes their relationship nongovernmental. Not that that matters.

Oh so th egoverment would not try to rescue her if she was being held hostage by another government? They woudnt do it fo rus Normals SO id say she IS part of the government but If Konway broke a law on purpose sure fire her and just move on. CLinton didnt get prosecuted for negligence so theres the precedent.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: yuppa

You can find the law here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Nothing about being "on the clock" or not.

Ive read it. legalese is hard to decipher. Anyway What abou tth erest of my post? care to respond to that as well? When you ignore parts of a post it makes you seem lazy no?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Telos

Nobody is damaging her reputation. They are simply choosing to not to purchase her products based on her actions. That's pretty much the definition of capitalism.

Of course they're. Reputation in this case = business. Calling for stores not to sell her line is not the definition of capitalism. Is the leftist mentality and how they want to impose things to others.

Also, if you don't think Ivanka has taken on a senior advisor role then you haven't been paying attention.

Maybe it is so. But officially haven't heard anything. I could have missed it though.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The amount of people upset about this is ridiculous. They pulled her lines because they don't sell. Conway then broke the law. If this was hillary you'd all be foaming at the mouth. Hypocrisy as usual.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheBulk
Our so called "free press" is nothing more than an extension of the Democrat party and we're supposed to be outraged over this?

Fox news and Breitbart are part of the Democrat party? News to me.

I love how you say that and in your own mind it makes perfect sense that Hollywood, Academia, and a dozen TV news networks are all in the tank for Democrats, but Fox and internet website somehow make that equal.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Of course! The Hill, WSJ, Drudge Report, and National Review are all part of the Democrat party too. Makes sense.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
If we're talking "ethics", why not talk about the company dropping Ivanka for no other reason than making a very public political statement?

If the company isn't lying and sales have dropped significantly then they have every right to change product lines to something that is selling. As a so-called business man, the Donald should've understood that better than anyone, but he was being a snowflake.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Store has right to remove failing products from their inventory. What conway did is break the rules and infact can be criminally charged.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Of course! The Hill, WSJ, Drudge Report, and National Review are all part of the Democrat party too. Makes sense.

And these all have the same power and influence of all the institutions I listed..................

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

And these all have the same power and influence of all the institutions I listed..................

Fox News only tells us daily they are the number 1 rated news channel. Are you REALLY going to try this angle with me? Yea those POOR POOR underdog conservative news outlets are just getting a bad rap and have absolutely NO influence on the American public whatsoever.

Lol you are just in denial that your "alternative news" source has gone mainstream.
edit on 10-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Fox News only tells us daily they are the number 1 rated news channel. Are you REALLY going to try this angle with me? Yea those POOR POOR underdog conservative news outlets are just getting a bad rap and have absolutely NO influence on the American public whatsoever.

Lol you are just in denial that your "alternative news" source has gone mainstream.

It's the only source for news that isn't DNC approved. What do you expect? You all still have Hollywood and Academia to indoctrinate everyone. Alex Jones definitely has one thing right. This is information warfare. There really is "a war for your mind".

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Awww... I'm sorry that reality has a liberal slant.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway gave a “free commercial” for Ivanka Trump’s clothing line Thursday, raising questions as to whether she violated a federal rule that bars public officials from using their positions to promote private business interests.

“It’s a wonderful line. I own some of it,” Conway said during an interview on Fox News. “I’m going to give it a free commercial here. Go buy it today everybody; you can find it online.”

Source

It appears that the Trump administration is doubling down in defense of Ivanka's clothing line. While Trump's tweet yesterday may have been in poor judgment it appears that Conway has actually broken the law.

This comedy of errors gets more ridiculous as the days go on and yet people will continue to defend everything this administration does.

ETA: This link provides a video of the interview.
Fox News Insider

So George Orwells aka eric blair Oceania, is coming too roast!

Stock market and ration privileges and its counts NEXT!

Or is it a Aldous Huxley Brave NEW WORLD coming too effect ...

We live and breath the TV Tube ...
2=2=5

now the white house is doing commercial ( beauty ) products ...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Lol, it was a political issue. She was responding to a political boycott. Now, did she technically violate the rule? Maybe, I'd have to read it.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I was a Republican for about 40 years and was a dedicated FOX watcher.

However, there comes a point "give up your soul or walk out the door never to return". I chose the latter.

FOX crossed the line of believable years ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Lol, it was a political issue. She was responding to a political boycott. Now, did she technically violate the rule? Maybe, I'd have to read it.

Please provide some evidence that it was a political boycott, as opposed to it being your opinion. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

lol no... It was a joke, nothing to do with grammar (explaining it is another topic).

"Trump blows" is my actual argument.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Please provide some evidence that it was a political boycott, as opposed to it being your opinion. Thank you.

I believe it was a company e mail. you have to find i though. Im not even going to bother.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I would say "that depends". Hannity is a joke. Carlson is a joke. That older gentleman (not O'reilly) is a joke. But I've detected a bit of a change since Ailes got canned. The actual news segments seem to have cleaned up a bit.

The same seems to apply to the "opposition party", CNN. The op ed stuff on both can be ridiculous. But, that's always been the case.

(O'reilly's interview with Trump was something, don't you think?)

edit on 2/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Annee

I would say "that depends". Hannity is a joke. Carlson is a joke. That older gentleman (not O'reilly) is a joke. But I've detected a bit of a change since Ailes got canned. The actual news segments seem to have cleaned up a bit.

The same seems to apply to the "opposition party", CNN. The op ed stuff on both is ridiculous.

(O'reilly's interview with Trump was something, don't you think?)

Interesting.

Seriously, I was watching FOX when Bree Walker was on - - and they all wore those gold coat jackets.

Unfortunately, its commercial TV. You have to do what you have to to get and keep viewers.

I can not stand Trump's voice. So far, I've only been able to listen to snippets and read transcripts.

I used to be an O'Reilly fan when he first started. But, they cater to their audience. The crazier the audience, the more outrages the commentating becomes.
edit on 11-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join