It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conway Promotes Ivanka Trump Products in White House Interview, Raising Ethics Questions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I didn't even pass judgement on how ethical Nordstrom's decision was. Successful business =/= ethical. But if we're going to start talking about ethics, then talk about both sides. Why is it considered not ethical for a Christian bakery to refuse making cakes for a gay wedding? That's political in nature. But there was an uproar about that from the left.

Essentially, stop picking and choosing which ethical example you want to push if you don't want to be deemed a biased clown.

Because it has been determined by the courts that refusing a contract based on sexuality is discrimination. Refusing a contract because the company doesn't think it's a good business move isn't discrimination.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said he will refer White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway for an ethics investigation, after she promoted Ivanka Trump’s fashion line during a Thursday appearance on Fox News.

Chaffetz told reporters on Capitol Hill that Conway’s remarks were “clearly over the line” and “unacceptable,” and that he and the top Democrat on the committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), would jointly refer Conway to the Office of Government Ethics for an investigation.

Source

Looks like it's only the Trumpets defending Conway.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Conway crossed the line. She violated a law which does not apply to Trump.

In my view, Trump's biggest weakness will be some of his people. They better get better at this. Not much more to say.
edit on 9-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Amazing how you people are being programmed to defend the indefensible and they constantly do it.

If Trump called for child rape you would find some defense of him

Actually Hillary is good at defending child rapists and we all know that's who you supported. Hows that projection for ya.

Trump they say actually raped a child...

Touche

Does truth mean anything to you Trump supporters anymore?

perhaps it never did and it never will!

Got a source for those claims....guess not as usual.

Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Raping a 13-Year-Old Girl

www.snopes.com...

Boy you’re easy

Did you even read your source? LOL, you are the one that is easy.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Kellyanne needs to be canned! ASAP!

She is just going to be cleared liek clinton by the FBI. There was no real intent to do harm because she just didnt know her posistions restrictions yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

There was no intent to do harm. The intent was to benefit a specific private business that belongs to POTUS' daughter.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I suspect it will blow over for a first offense, especially since she's still new to the job. If/when she does it again, things will be different.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

There was no intent to do harm. The intent was to benefit a specific private business that belongs to POTUS' daughter.

FInancial harm against the US polocies. is that good enough?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

look at what was said about Chelsea Clinton! Look what they said about Michelle Obama! Now the boot is on the other foot... And here come the crybabies!!

They can hand it out but they just can't take it!

edit on 9-2-2017 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said he will refer White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway for an ethics investigation, after she promoted Ivanka Trump’s fashion line during a Thursday appearance on Fox News.

Chaffetz told reporters on Capitol Hill that Conway’s remarks were “clearly over the line” and “unacceptable,” and that he and the top Democrat on the committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), would jointly refer Conway to the Office of Government Ethics for an investigation.

Source

Trigger Effect amplified x100 !!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
If we're talking "ethics", why not talk about the company dropping Ivanka for no other reason than making a very public political statement?

What nonsense! Do you know how much the overheads are. The company would sell POOP if they could make a decent contribution. It is all about the contribution to profits . I am sure here father would have a known this if he knew business!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Anyone watch this?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Source

Trigger Effect amplified x100 !!

Wow, you must be the most childish person on ats.
Never seen a single serious argument from you, only deflection and ignorant meme talk.
How about replying in a serious manner in the discussion?

Disgusting behavior.

Cue some stupid meme from xuenchuen....

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

FInancial harm against the US polocies. is that good enough?

No.

§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations.

She needs to be fired! IMO

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Someone needs to have a chat with her about ethics. It might work. This doesn't surprise me and I doubt it's the last from the administration.

I need to work on getting my free commercial submitted.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is a good read too.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Let me revise one of my earlier posts:

So now you not only believe that the President is intentionally trolling near 100% of the population but also that he is instructing his people to willfully break the law in order to achieve those goals? That's surpassing Nixon levels of spite and corruption.

Why do you support this man as President?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What makes you automatically think I do ?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Conway crossed the line. She violated a law which does not apply to Trump.

In my view, Trump's biggest weakness will be some of his people. They better get better at this. Not much more to say.

Trump should have made sure all his people were shysters instead of regular people.

I really like the bit about ethics, tho. lol.

Dems and ethics. lol!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join