It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bannon's Apocalypse - Dangerous Ideology in the Whitehouse

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hey Zani. You missed the point.

This isn't about his love of country, it is about his belief that war is inevitable (with China and ME) and necessary in order to rebuild the institutions the way he wants them to be built. He believes it will be bigger and more painful than WWII, which as we know ended with quite a bang.

It is about him now having a position of power from which he can, consciously or unconsciously, have influence towards that end.

I don't doubt he feels patriotic and has a deep
Love for our country. I just think the above ideology is dangerous.

edit on 10-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

That is Delusional , War is Not an Option in Today's World . His Patriotism is Misguided here .

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Thank you for listening. I agree with you!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Hi BELIEVERpriest.

You are a Dominionist? Could you help me understand then the difference between what you are and Alt-Xian?

Can you tell me what Dominionists want to do in the US government and whether or not Bannon's one of you in any kind of known or official way??

I know that's a lot to ask. If you have a thread on it you could link me...

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not a dominionist. In fact, I am very anti-dominionist. I believe Buzzy probably misspoke when she said,"Someone who's a Christ-type believes in the Dominionists". I believe in the existence of dominionists within the government, but I do not support them.

'Alt-Xtians/Alt-Christians' is my term for the spiritually atrophied Christians who support people like, Bannon, Sessions, Cruz, Trump, etc. They want their version of Christianity to become a state religion. Its ironic, because the pilgrims who founded this nation were mostly Christians running from state sponsored religion.

The dominionists want America to become a white Christian dominated nation, under a white Christian dominated government. Like I reference with the Seven Mountains movement, they seek to control our culture completely by integrating it with their views on the Bible. In such a situation, dissenters would have to be demonized to keep the complacent members of society brainwashed. The best way to do that would be to identify dissenters as violent threats. From my observations, they have a few ways to do this:

1) Drugs: If they can associate drug use with violence (as they already have), they can keep the war on drugs going. It will again become even more socially unacceptable to take any kind of drug recreationally.

2) Terrorism: There will come a point in time as we progress down this path of paranoia, that the mere accusation of terrorist activities/association will become equivalent to legal guilt.

3) Pro-life: A large percentage of Christians (including myself) believe the Bible teaches that life begins a first breath. However, the majority of Alt-Xtians believe that life begins at conception, and that abortion is premeditated murder. If this kind of logic is allowed to progress into federal legislation, then there is no telling what could happen. Death penalty for abortion doctors and patients? Investigation into miscarriages? I made a thread specifically on this issue. Here is a video showing Christians who believe that abortion should merit the death penalty.

4) Heresy: Dominionists believe, in order to expedite the return of Christ, people must be converted to Christianity. If Dominionists manage to establish a state controlled religion (years from now), then two forms of tyranny will likely follow. First, there will probably be forced conversions. Secondly, heretics must be silenced as not to challenge ideas like the Seven Hills mandate.

So what is Bannon up to? He believes that the Fourth Turning will give Alt-Christians the opportunity to rise to power as a triumphant force, at which point, they will attempt to force the Second Coming of Christ by mandating Alt-Christianity. We're back to Byzantine Rome again.
edit on 10-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: Typos

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

It would fulfill Bannon's desire to purge and purify America through the crucible of war, to burn it down so the 1950's can happen again. That's my impression of what he wants anyway, the post-war patriotism and grand American re-building. Damn the torpedos and the millions if not billions dead! Something like that anyway.

If this is what you believe will happen just look at history. Wars have been around ever since a type of government has. Through science we have gained a greater grasp of how to kill people, along with medicines.
Some people want to give and some people want to take. These are all cycles through the ages.
Kings rise and Kings fall. From what you have posted so far you have shown insufficient evidence for me to believe that you know what Bannon desires.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

While I'm not a mind reader, I think the signs are clear from his own words and I've clearly sated my argument. Until events unfold, we will not know if I have ascertained the truth or not. (And same for anyone else's predictions.)

That you don't believe me is fine. Frankly, I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Ah, thank you for clarifying that. I misunderstood you.

Well, what you've written scares me as much as WWIII. It sounds like back to burning books and "witches" and all that fun stuff. Complete and total control over people. The certain opposite of freedom.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

a reply to: 3daysgone

While I'm not a mind reader, I think the signs are clear from his own words and I've clearly sated my argument. Until events unfold, we will not know if I have ascertained the truth or not. (And same for anyone else's predictions.)

That you don't believe me is fine. Frankly, I hope I'm wrong.

I am not sure that it is a matter of disbelief. I believe you believe it. I just believe different. You could be right, but yeah, we will have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Another thought. Eric Prince, brother to DeVos and owner of the mercenary company Xe - formerly Blackwater, is the perfect person to call on for enforcement purposes. Private security.

This is sort of an obvious extrapolation and mirror of authoritarian tactics, should it come to pass. It is obvious he supports Trump and is connected at the top through Bannon as well.

I linked to a new thread about Prince a couple posts back.

I keep seeing a vision of "the shadow has fallen" - thus this thread. I'm trying to figure out the elements that are in place.

Trump is in it for the power, money and chance to be America's Putin, or he's been converted. He was pro-choice up until this election. He is not known to be religious at all in his past as witnessed by the "Two Corinthians" reading...

History and it's patterns CAN be important when evaluating current events, just perhaps not in the precise way that Bannon would want. But any such talk will be immediately denied by Trump and Bannon supporters who will claim we are seeing shadows where there is only light.

How do we prevent this all from becoming our reality?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Bannon's ideology may be tempered a bit by Trump's recent action when it comes to China. If the Chinese can merely continue to laugh at Trump and preach to its citizens how bad democracy is to allow US citizens to elect a fool, then maybe we can avoid military conflict. The Chinese are now sure that Trump is a paper tiger, definition "outwardly powerful or dangerous but inwardly weak or ineffectual".

After Trump's somewhat turn on his fervid negotiating stance on the "One China" policy, we may have dodged a bullet. Maybe.

‘The Chinese Learned that Trump Blinks’

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Another thought. Eric Prince, brother to DeVos and owner of the mercenary company Xe - formerly Blackwater, is the perfect person to call on for enforcement purposes. Private security.

This is sort of an obvious extrapolation and mirror of authoritarian tactics, should it come to pass. It is obvious he supports Trump and is connected at the top through Bannon as well.

I linked to a new thread about Prince a couple posts back.

I keep seeing a vision of "the shadow has fallen" - thus this thread. I'm trying to figure out the elements that are in place.

Trump is in it for the power, money and chance to be America's Putin, or he's been converted. He was pro-choice up until this election. He is not known to be religious at all in his past as witnessed by the "Two Corinthians" reading...

History and it's patterns CAN be important when evaluating current events, just perhaps not in the precise way that Bannon would want. But any such talk will be immediately denied by Trump and Bannon supporters who will claim we are seeing shadows where there is only light.

How do we prevent this all from becoming our reality?

BTW, while quoting II Corinthians, Trump was implying that he was the protector of Christianity, when in fact, II Cor 3:17 states that it is the Holy Spirit who protects us, not politicians, and certainly not blatant hypocrites like Donald Trump.

How do we stop it? We can't. Christian apostasy has been swelling in this country since 1971 (ever since churches stopped teaching the consistent use of 1John 1:9). Then they started distorting the gospel into what I call the Cardiac Invitation Gospel (inviting Christ into the heart). It has no scriptural basis as a gospel message. Read Matthew 25; The foolish virgins ran out of oil, so they bought the "snake oil" from the vendors. In their foolish pride, they have elected themselves into power, and in their arrogance, they will fall.......but not before the wiser remnant is tested and refined by the pressure that is coming. I think there is going to be a 2nd Reformation in Christianity as a result of this, which will under go maturity 14 to 44 years from now.

Bannon's so-called "4th Turning" is part of a very real cyclical trend. Its a trend throughout history, when religion infiltrates politics, and forces brother against brother. To try and stop this natural trend, or to attempt to accelerate it (as Bannon seeks to do) will result in a bitter self destruction. Ironically, Bannon has placed himself on the wrong side of history.

Trump supporters can claim that we are seeing shadows, but a few Christians and myself knew about this historical trend before Trump was even nominated by the GOP, so the Alt-Christians are really just fulfilling a historical timeline found in Matthew 25:1-13, and they don't even realize it.
edit on 11-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I didn't mispeak. I could see that you were AGAINST the Dominionists.

I am not a dominionist. In fact, I am very anti-dominionist. I believe Buzzy probably misspoke when she said,"Someone who's a Christ-type believes in the Dominionists". I believe in the existence of dominionists within the government, but I do not support them.

You are a Christ-person, a Christian, and you KNOW ABOUT the Dominionists. I have found that many, many, many nominal Christians are unaware of this sub-culture. Probably there are more secular-person types who know of them. We tend to know quite a bit about a lot of the different sects.

Anyway -- my statement stands. I am glad that you, as a Christian, are SPEAKING OUT AGAINST the Dominionists.

I have a great deal of respect for that.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I really feel you exaggerate quite a bit. I think the rebuilding of society and our institutions is necessary and ripe. Think of a new dawn, scratch apocalypse and war.
Death of millions isn't that many. But it will more likely be draught and famine. Than Bannon.
Bad planet?!?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

"We have to face a very unpleasant fact. There is a major war brewing, a war that’s already global... every day that we refuse to look at this as what it is, and the scale of it, and really the viciousness of it, will be a day where you will rue that we didn’t act."
Steve Bannon

On Upcoming Wars...

Link -The Guardian

“We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years,” he said in March 2016. “There’s no doubt about that. They’re taking their sandbars and making basically stationary aircraft carriers and putting missiles on those. They come here to the United States in front of our face – and you understand how important face is – and say it’s an ancient territorial sea.”

China says nearly the entire South China Sea falls within its territory, with half a dozen other countries maintaining partially overlapping claims. China has built a series of artificial islands on reefs and rocks in attempt to bolster its position, complete with military-length airstrips and anti-aircraft weapons.

Bannon’s sentiments and his position in Trump’s inner circle add to fears of a military confrontation with China, after secretary of state Rex Tillerson said that the US would deny China access to the seven artificial islands. Experts warned any blockade would lead to war.

But China is not the only hotspot Bannon sees, and forecasts another ground war for American troops in the Middle East.

“Some of these situations may get a little unpleasant,” Bannon said in November 2015. “But you know what, we’re in a war. We’re clearly going into, I think, a major shooting war in the Middle East again.”

Veteran's Today

Indeed, in a speech to the Liberty Restoration Foundation in 2011, Bannon said: “We had the revolution. We had the civil war. We had the Great Depression and World War Two. This is the great Fourth Turning in American history, and we’re going to be one thing on the other side.”

So when Robert Reich, who served in the Clinton administration, says that if left “unsupervised by people who know what they’re doing Trump and Bannon could… bring the world closer to a nuclear holocaust” – he isn’t being hysterical.

And from Time...Link

When I was first exposed to Strauss and Howe I began thinking how their ideas explained the histories of other countries as well, and during our interview, I mentioned that crises in countries like France in the 1790s and Russia after 1917 had led to reigns of terror. Bannon included those remarks in the final cut of Generation Zero.
A second, more alarming, interaction did not show up in the film.

Bannon had clearly thought a long time both about the domestic potential and the foreign policy implications of Strauss and Howe. More than once during our interview, he pointed out that each of the three preceding crises had involved a great war, and those conflicts had increased in scope from the American Revolution through the Civil War to the Second World War. He expected a new and even bigger war as part of the current crisis, and he did not seem at all fazed by the prospect.

I did not agree, and said so. But, knowing that the history of international conflict was my own specialty, he repeatedly pressed me to say we could expect a conflict at least as big as the Second World War in the near or medium term. I refused.

Apocalyptic rhetoric and apocalyptic thinking flourish during crisis periods. This represents perhaps the biggest danger of the Trump presidency, and one that will bear watching from all concerned citizens in the months and years ahead.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Look on the bright side, the people in power are prepared and there is a very well thought out evacuation plan for them in place.
The war is inevitable, but don't despair, your gouvernment and rich people are save.

edit on 6-3-2017 by Peeple because: Oops

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well that's reassuring!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join