It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China may be preparing for a crippling preemptive missile strike on US military bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ph03n1x

Again, the PLA is defensive not reactionary or offensive. It would take a huge switch in politics, which wouldn't go unnoticed.

It ain't happening

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

China does not have the means to fight a war against the U.S.A. Their army would only be effective if the U.S puts boots on chinese soil but even then their army is not as huge as you might think. 1.3 billion chinese people of which 50% makes less then 2 dollars a day and 70% is still considered poor. Just because every man their is considered a soldier does not make them one or a viable one.

They have 1 aircraft carrier.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Probably a little more fear mongering than reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I know it's not happening, i never stated that it is, im merely pointing out that if they could pull it off then they could potentially take control of much of the region, I've said several times it would be against their own interests right now as they are very much a trade nation and this conflict would ruin that.

edit on 7/2/2017 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Probably a little more fear mongering than reality.

I agree, it's very unlikely to happen with China being a huge producer of goods globally, such a conflict would have a massive impact on their national economy

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

China does not have the means to fight a war against the U.S.A. Their army would only be effective if the U.S puts boots on chinese soil but even then their army is not as huge as you might think. 1.3 billion chinese people of which 50% makes less then 2 dollars a day and 70% is still considered poor. Just because every man their is considered a soldier does not make them one or a viable one.

If I am not mistaken. China much like Russia and Stalin has a history of using their people as cannon fodder.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

China has a MASSIVE property (inevitable) bubble hanging over their heads right now.. Granted, we live in a global economy, so all will feel the affects, but China will for sure feel it hard... Some believe war is a great tool for getting yourself out of crazy debt.. I hope we see no conflicts or exchanges, because I live in Seattle on the west coast, and Seattle is often looked at as a likely target being so close to Russia/China.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

You're right but this is specifically speaking about a systematic attack by the PLA rocket force on U.S military installations in Asia not a full scale nation vs nation war on a global scale which is a very different scenario

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.ibtimes.com... e&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark guess china is sending ships to south china sea area to irk japan

Chinese coast guard vessels on Monday sailed near the disputed islands in East China Sea controlled by Japan, according to officials of both countries. The islands, known as the Senkakus in Japan, are claimed by China as the Diaoyus. Three Chinese ships entered the waters surrounding the uninhabited islands, the Japan coast guard said. The vessels remained in the area for about two hours, according to the coast guard. China’s State Oceanic Administration, which supervises the country's coast guard, said the vessels "cruised within China's Diaoyu Islands territorial sea." China's Defense Ministry, on its website, confirmed the coast guard’s move. Japanese foreign ministry lodged protests with the Chinese embassy over the incident, Japan’s broadcaster NHK reported. The Senkaku Islands have been the center of a row between Tokyo and Beijing, which is also involved in another territorial dispute with several countries over the South China Sea.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ph03n1x

I know it's not happening, i never stated that it is, im merely pointing out that if they could pull it off then they could potentially take control of much of the region, I've said several times it would be against their own interests right now as they are very much a trade nation and this conflict would ruin that.

So, no need to "pull it off" then. Sure they could if they wanted too, probably get away with it to for max 24 months, problem is, and they know it, it wouldn't further their ambitions.

Pointless is what i am thinking, they know it. I know it, You know it.

Once they start Offensive building i may take notice, right now?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You're right, it would not further their trade ambitions but im sure there are factions within the Chinese establishment who would see potential benefits in having control over the region and that is the only reason i can ever see this sort of thing happening, but like you and i both said, currently it would be against their best interests if their interests are trade and building their economy, the fact is i just don't know what factions are at play within China and what their long term goals might be which is why im saying that as unlikely as it is, it's not impossible by any means.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I may have to look for it, but an article reported stated something to the effect that a missile was launched from a Chinese submarine in a location where the us was doing exercises, and the Chinese weren't part of the exercise.

It seemed a cause for concern back in 2007?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

When China was testing the waters in 95-96 the Americans sent two Carrier battle groups to the region in a show of force in support of Taiwan.

It humiliated the Chinese as they could do nothing about it effectively.

They've worked heavily on rocketry and submarines since, it's guesstimation really on how many subs and missiles it has.

It's unlikely they'd do it but it isn't impossible, they wouldn't have to beat the US either. Just make it extremely difficult for them to access the far east.

The US in theory could decide it's ultimately too costly to project forces into the area, the alliances in the region may fall fast without support.

Would China need to trade with the world if it owns the power house of the far east? As it stands it does but that would change fast if the US couldn't guarantee safety in the area like it can now.

Then you have the technological side of things, some real game changing technologies are on their way in the next 5-10 years for the West, China might not stand a chance the more it waits, once laser, rail guns and autonomous drones are rolled out it'll be very difficult to fight.

It'll take a lot more resources to have the same effect.

In 5-10 years time China's adversaries in the area will be much better equipt too. Japan might be allowed and have large armed forces.

The world will outpace China, even China has a limit on production.

So I'm not saying doom and gloom, but it's possible. Something they'd be wiser to do sooner rather than later. As long as nukes are not used they could theoretically win.

All they need to do is remove Western forces from the region and ensure it would not be easy to come back. It would change the dynamics of power drastically.

Probably too risky, it would escalate to a global conflict. That being said, crazier things have been done in the past... Like Pearl Harbour, that was about resource access and influence too. Because as far as I see it, China is winning if it has the food to feed it's factories and power plants.

Keep trading and all will be A okay

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No idea, i have never lived within a Communist community, take the former USSR, China or NK. Sure, some Chinese will look at Oilgarths in the former communist states and think, "i'll have some of that" which could potentially change the politics of the region, TBQH its probably happening already in high level PRC polotics, who knows

Greed always corrupts .......... regardless of ideals

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes, what you say is entirely true.

It would take something significant to push China to war right now when they are the worlds largest producer of goods and imo, one of the only things that could tempt them to go to war at such a time is the potential to gain control of much of the region.

i hadn't considered your point about weapons and technological advances, that's a very interesting point.

thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe they want the US to cull their herd by a few trillion so their communist iron grip on the people is tighter, less mouths to feed, less energy demand.

In reality we could bring them to their knees by simply warring Iran, blocking all oil out of the region. They are way too dependent on ME oil.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No.

It will not be allowed. The Chinese are smart and good people, as are Americans, Russians, etc. Senseless bloodshed will not be tolerated, something some countries will be forced to adhere to as they have tempted that line, or crossed it.

Diplomacy and compromise will be the solution. I also strongly believe in the notion that our interests in space exploration are shared, thus, an allied Earth effort willl take place.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

They surfaced a submarine in the middle of a battle group before, they were undetected until they surfaced.

I'm doubtful they'd launch rockets towards US ships, an undetected submarine is more than enough threat.

Apparently their subs were too noisy for such things or didn't have the range, silent submarines run off batteries, in fact most sub's have a "silent" feature.

The scary thing is the US fleet was on full alert doing manoeuvres. So it wasn't down to the US having their guard down. The sub tailed a aircraft, getting past it's support vessels.

No easy feat, why they surfaced is anyone's guess, maybe they've stalked US fleets for a while, could be a ruse.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Maybe they want the US to cull their herd by a few trillion so their communist iron grip on the people is tighter, less mouths to feed, less energy demand.

In reality we could bring them to their knees by simply warring Iran, blocking all oil out of the region. They are way too dependent on ME oil.

That cuts both ways, the U.S is also very much Dependant on ME oil particularly Saudi Arabia.

i think you overestimate the strength of the U.S military fighting on foreign soil unknown to them or greatly underestimate Chinas ability to defend itself within it's region, remember Vietnam? im pretty sure the U.S thought they would "bring them to their knees" quickly but that didn't happen, a war like you describe with China would be like that but on a much larger scale and the impact globally would be catastrophic

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

No.

It will not be allowed. The Chinese are smart and good people, as are Americans, Russians, etc. Senseless bloodshed will not be tolerated, something some countries will be forced to adhere to as they have tempted that line, or crossed it.

Diplomacy and compromise will be the solution. I also strongly believe in the notion that our interests in space exploration are shared, thus, an allied Earth effort willl take place.

i wish i shared your optimism but sadly history speaks for itself, we humans love to make war on each other, we have been doing it for thousands of years and have built great civilizations on the backs of soldiers, war will never end, it's far too profitable.

it's only a matter of time before the next large scale conflict, the global population can not be sustained at it's current level of growth and so eventually we will enter into a large conflict that will cull the herd and bring wealth and prosperity for those lucky enough to be on the winning side

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join