It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China may be preparing for a crippling preemptive missile strike on US military bases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Personally i don't ever see a full scale conflict between China and NATO, China are all about trade and a war like this would ruin their national economy.

It's a strange one imo because China has a huge military and could potentially cause problems for NATO but on the other side of the coin, it would not be in their best interests to enter this kind of conflict right now unless they feel they can come out on top with absolute certainty.

If the US continues to actively challenge China and seek to undermine its territorial cohesion, the next logical step in the PLA's escalation may be to attempt to eviscerate US bases and assets throughout Asia with a blistering missile attack.

What do you guys think? more fear-mongering by the media or a genuine concern?

IMO China are in the better position right now both economically and politically and going to war would hinder their trade interests to such a degree that it would be detrimental to their nation to do so.

www.yahoo.com...

warontherocks.com...

edit on 7/2/2017 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If china is looking to have some nuclear redecorating done to it then i say go right om ahead General Tso, make my day.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the quote you have in your OP is from a Alex Locke, an "OPINION" writer from business insider magazine....NOT from anyone in China
edit on 7-2-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
think they have roughly 200ish not counting sub launched that can his us here,bases would be a different story, but if they launch nukes in general all rules would be off and we would hit 3 gorges dam with as many powerfull weapons perhaps even nukes of our own flood a good deal of their country and farm land with irradiated water and wash a few hundred million of them out to sea,not sure if they have missile defense but we do so that should mitigate losses but if its nuclear pretty much every one looses but think they would get it far worse then they would be giving it

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the quote you have in your OP is from a Alex Locke, an "OPINION" writer from business insider magazine....NOT from anyone in China

I Know where it's from, i never claimed it was from anyone inside China

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
very old english saying. if you want peace, prepare for war...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
very old english saying. if you want peace, prepare for war...

I thought it went "if you want to be behind twenty nations in education spend your money on perpetual war"

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

It's not talking about Nukes, it's talking about the PLA Rocket Force systematically attacking U.S bases in Asia

also they have many, many more than 200...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ph03n1x

I would think with their culture and relative peaceful society, that any major blow to them could and would be completely reconstructed back to normal, where as in the US, many people would just burn stuff down and kill each other off. I don't think society in the US has the strength anymore to unite. Maybe we need a good nuking. Then maybe we can start fresh on our core principal values.
edit on 7-2-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A war with China would in the long term weaken the U.S. I really cannot see the point of a war with China.

Besides way back in 2007, China demonstrated their capability of destroying satellites, by destroying one of their own. Wikileaks has suggested that since then, the U.S has demonstrated their capability of destroying satellites.

A war with China could put us back 50+ years. All those satellites being destroyed would include communication satellites, which everyone relies on, thanks to today's technology. But nothing more so, than the U.S Military.

edit on 7/2/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
If china is looking to have some nuclear redecorating done to it then i say go right om ahead General Tso, make my day.

Why the Nuclear option? last resort or first resort?

It's not going to happen any time soon ..... conflict perhaps! Nuclear option? i don't think so, even Trump with his "snap cards" (he does not have a button contrary to popular belief) would hold back on the ultimate option, as would any sane leader .... apart from Jong Un perhaps, then again, that is also speculation.

China have manpower ..... borne from the conflict prior to and including WW2 with Japan, we all saw what happened with manpower during "Desert Storm" ..... Abrams and Challenger completely ruled

China ain't invading anyone, the peoples army is purely self defence, they may "bleat" about the "new" islands and the south china sea, nothing is going to happen

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

i think you are correct and would add that Western society in general (not just USA) is extremely apathetic these days.

i agree that China would be able to rebuild and rebound relatively quickly in comparison to the U.S because of how their internal infrastructure is designed, if the Unites States got hit badly it would be a free for all, looting, riots, mass murders and opportunists stepping in to try and fill a vacuum.

these are extremely scary times we are living in.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Bring it on.

The second China presses launch, it's going to have USA, it's Asian allies and Australia just for starters up it's clacker.

India doesn't like China either, so wet might get them at the party too.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I absolutely agree with what you said, China wont be invading. the OP is referring to the PLA Rocket force attacking U.S bases in Asia.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
All of this speculation and talk is totally MAD.

Mutual assured destruction or mutually assured destruction (MAD) is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of nuclear weapons by two or more opposing sides would cause the complete annihilation of both the attacker and the defender (see pre-emptive nuclear strike and second strike).[1]

It is based on the theory of deterrence, which holds that the threat of using strong weapons against the enemy prevents the enemy's use of those same weapons. The strategy is a form of Nash equilibrium in which, once armed, neither side has any incentive to initiate a conflict or to disarm.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ph03n1x
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

i think you are correct and would add that Western society in general (not just USA) is extremely apathetic these days.

i agree that China would be able to rebuild and rebound relatively quickly in comparison to the U.S because of how their internal infrastructure is designed, if the Unites States got hit badly it would be a free for all, looting, riots, mass murders and opportunists stepping in to try and fill a vacuum.

these are extremely scary times we are living in.

Yea, I have said it before about the Japanese after the big tsunami. People were in grocery stores and buying only what they needed and saving the rest for others, in a civil and orderly manner. They are a culture that anyone should inspire to be like.
edit on 7-2-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ph03n1x

ah thanks for the clarification yeah its why we couldnt exactly do our coastal dominace thing were used to if it kicked off but outside of asia they arent really a threat to us as they cant get troops here and we would be very very foolish to actually try to invade w the number of troops they can move locally origin.www.uscc.gov... really really really long read on chinas militarys problems vs the other regional and superpowers ,logistics being one major problem and not being trained on the gear they have as they keep getting new stuff but not nessiarily the training for it and their large tank force comprised of mostly legacy tanks (but a tank is a tank to most infantry) . threats they can pull off is to their regional neighbors and japan but them pissing the japanese off would not end well for them as it would probally lead to a more militraized japan which trump would probally be all for,let them get carriers like the old imperial days and help boost our defense capiblities and force projection in the region

edit to add saw the part about their balistic missile numbers,problems with launching that kind of platform as a nuclear club membership is that mistakes could be made and they could be mis identified as actual nukes as if a balistic missile gets launched were not likely to "play wait and see" to find out if they are nukes or just conventional missiles,kind of how we launch alot more tomahawks then non nuclear tridents if that makese sense,tends to make nuclear nations jumpy
edit on 7-2-2017 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I hadn't even considered the effects of losing satellites, it would certainly set us back several decades.

Just another reason why i think this conflict is unlikely to happen, but saying that, there may come a time when our leaders decide we have too much tech at our fingertips and do such a thing deliberately, leaving only the governments with instantaneous communication but that's a whole other conspiracy for another thread

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
War with China?

Doesn't that mean China invades Alaska, then the US annexes Canada and we fight them off in Alaska, then the bombs fall and....

...oh wait, that's the Fallout universe!

Truth be told, I think China is more into trading and less into shooting.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
All of this speculation and talk is totally MAD.

Mutual assured destruction or mutually assured destruction (MAD) is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of nuclear weapons by two or more opposing sides would cause the complete annihilation of both the attacker and the defender (see pre-emptive nuclear strike and second strike).[1]

It is based on the theory of deterrence, which holds that the threat of using strong weapons against the enemy prevents the enemy's use of those same weapons. The strategy is a form of Nash equilibrium in which, once armed, neither side has any incentive to initiate a conflict or to disarm.

Again, Nowhere does it make any mention of Nuclear weapons, the article is talking about non nuclear missiles being used by the PLA rocket force to attack U.S bases in Asia not attack the U.S mainland with Nukes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join