It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China may be preparing for a crippling preemptive missile strike on US military bases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ph03n1x

It's insane for any country to contemplate a nuclear attack. Even if some hit their target, they would never eliminate a country's entire nuclear arsenal let alone every possible delivery system. Mutually assured destruction isn't just a term but a very real scenario if a country is attacked with nukes.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ph03n1x

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Maybe they want the US to cull their herd by a few trillion so their communist iron grip on the people is tighter, less mouths to feed, less energy demand.

In reality we could bring them to their knees by simply warring Iran, blocking all oil out of the region. They are way too dependent on ME oil.

That cuts both way, the U.S is also very much Dependant on ME oil particularly Saudi Arabia.

i think you overestimate the strength of the U.S military fighting on foreign soil unknown to them or greatly underestimate Chinas ability to defend itself within it's region, remember Vietnam? im pretty sure the U.S thought they would "bring them to their knees" quickly but that didn't happen, a war like you describe with China would be like that but on a much larger scale and the impact globally would be catastrophic

We would still get every drop of oil we need, our dependence on ME oil is nowhere near China and East Asia's.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Maybe they want the US to cull their herd by a few trillion so their communist iron grip on the people is tighter, less mouths to feed, less energy demand.

In reality we could bring them to their knees by simply warring Iran, blocking all oil out of the region. They are way too dependent on ME oil.

They'll be forced to start claiming places like Kazakhstan, either way you look at it it evolves into a larger conflict... They won't be starved easily.

Oil is an important resource but not the be all and end all, gas, coal and wood are useful for a lot of things including transport. It's all about cost and effectiveness.

It's harder to starve nations today than it was 60 years ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It's insane for any country to contemplate a nuclear attack. Even if some hit their target, they would never eliminate a country's entire nuclear arsenal let alone every possible delivery system. Mutually assured destruction isn't just a term but a very real scenario if a country is attacked with nukes.

True, but it's not a Nuclear attack that is mentioned in the OP, it's referring to the PLA rocket force attacking U.S bases in Asia not a Nuclear attack on the mainland or anything like that, that would be crazy and serve no purpose but if China could greatly reduce the U.S forces in Asia they would potentially control the region, but as i have said several times, it's highly unlikely

China makes far too much money from trade to give that up for a chance at dominating Asia when the potential for failure is so high

edit on 7/2/2017 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
It's harder to starve nations today than it was 60 years ago.

For some things, yes it is harder today. For others, it is much easier today.

Although unlikely, if war was to breakout between the two, one needs it over very quickly, the other does not.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Shuffle the scent of the things that I'm never happen category.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
One thing is for sure. US need to spend Billions on new faster ICBM's ASAP. Need to be NO doubt if you strike us you will be ash.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If China were to launch on NATO or the US it would truly be their ass. The US boomers at sea would survive and take care of that.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i truly think if china was pulled into a serious milAtari conflict they would soon discover the "mil spec quality" of slave labor.

like tanks cartoonishly falling apart on the battle field and such

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sun Tzu wrote "The Greatest Warrior wins without fighting"

Kong Zi wrote "When I fight, I conquer"

The Chinese are in no position to achieve victory.

They will not act until provoked.

They are patient enough to wait for victory to be inevitable.

The OP cites an article written by someone who is a tool of the forces that seek to provoke China into a conflict it cannot win.

Geopolitics is a bloodsport for some strategists.

edit on 7-2-2017 by draoicht because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nobody achieves first strike capability and brags about it to the World especially without having an impenetrable defense...
By the time Star Wars was proposed it was already long operational... You dont fake moon missions to buy guns to trade for drugs...
There will be no nuclear war with missiles...
But shhh keep that a secret...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Bring it on.

The second China presses launch, it's going to have USA, it's Asian allies and Australia just for starters up it's clacker.

India doesn't like China either, so wet might get them at the party too.

Now, its posters like this that really make you see how brainwashed and conditioned most of the population are when it comes to their country and government

This is not a movie. Its not a videogame.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Already posted - I know ATS search engine ain't the best, but this took me 30 seconds to find

Analyst Believes China’s Missiles Near Russian Borders Target USA
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would seem that this move by China might be a counter move to the US's approach to the South China Sea Islands .

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: everyone

China does not have the means to fight a war against the U.S.A. Their army would only be effective if the U.S puts boots on chinese soil but even then their army is not as huge as you might think. 1.3 billion chinese people of which 50% makes less then 2 dollars a day and 70% is still considered poor. Just because every man their is considered a soldier does not make them one or a viable one.

They have 1 aircraft carrier.

Very true. If any country puts boots on the ground that is exactly what china will do. They will send all their farmers/poor people (mainland china which is the largest part of their population) to the front lines first while their real much smaller army will mostly be restricted to defending their little economical hub. They would not care much about anything or anyone outside of that other then providing a somewhat effective buffer between their hub and any incoming forces.

If I am not mistaken. China much like Russia and Stalin has a history of using their people as cannon fodder.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Already posted - I know ATS search engine ain't the best, but this took me 30 seconds to find

Analyst Believes China’s Missiles Near Russian Borders Target USA
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would seem that this move by China might be a counter move to the US's approach to the South China Sea Islands .

I did a search for the title of the article as i am required by T&C to use that as the thread title, there was no match.

the thread you posted is about missile strikes on the U.S mainland, the OP is regarding possible strikes by the PLA rocket force on U.S bases in Asia.... not the same thing

edit on 8/2/2017 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Are we still pretending it's not the headlines for the next decade?
How do you feel about Mr. T being the one standing between your current reality-show-fan and all of them?
Rather don't make him too frustrated from domestic politics. Btw. we haven't even seen any tariff not to mention sanctions and you are talking about all-out war. How can't you see warmongering is their mistake No.1? The islands... if US ignored it, someone else in the area wouldn't and that would make US the peacemakers. Now everyone's just hanging on Twitter. Watch the business politely while keeping others doing mistakes. It was their strategy for decades.
Poor people. Their overlords were pretending they are not idiots for so long and now it starts leaking. It's a show not so different from NK shows.
Communism always used to recruit idiots and silenced general smartassery.
"Look how we will keep the face if you fag with us". Sad.
China was nice when it was just rural area. Communism and Mao messed it up forever. Maybe one day people will leave the cities again.

originally posted by: dashen

...like tanks cartoonishly falling apart on the battle field and such

Cartoonishly. Lol. That image made me entertained and calm
edit on 8/2/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out baby

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
And then the US and it's allies use their full military force to destroy China. Maybe in 20-30 years China could match us.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
China could have for a long time now been sneaking in to the US
a LOT of nuclear bombs in them big cargo crates. lead lined.
they have a port in the US to, thank you obarme.

they could be all over US.
drive they in to a city and army base and boom!
no more USA!
army base, they just need to get to the gate.

I have odder my Chinese peoples fallg from Ebay.
takes a long time in the post.
could they bring it with them?

edit on 9-2-2017 by buddha because: grovling

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Can't and wont.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join