It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - there is only one question that matters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: slider1982

exactly, and if they aren`t responsible enough to prevent getting pregnant when they don`t want a child then they certainly aren`t responsible enough to be a parent.

forcing them to be parents when they weren`t even responsible enough to prevent the pregnancy is just asking for trouble.

But condoms break. Hormonal birth control has failure rates, even with "perfect" use. Hell, even vasectomies and tubal ligation, both meant to be permanent solutions, have failure rates that result in unintended pregnancies.

You cannot automatically assume a lack of responsibility, solely based on a pregnancy. Plenty of people are responsible and use methods of prevention, only to find that they failed.

Amen to that...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

So orphanages don't exist, eh?

No homeless kids, ever?

No kid slipped through the cracks, starving kids who struggle to find....

Sorry, that's unfortunately not a reality. Those terrible things do happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: JD163

One word... adoption.

It is a satisfactory answer for all but en utero medical conditions (for both mother or baby), and rapes (and only in cases of rape where it is asked for, not all would abort in this case either).

Yes, that works, to a certain extend, and adoption is also a hit and miss thing,...plenty of horror stories but thats another topic ...and for some reason, there are women who rather not go tru pregnancy for one reason or another,...I'm not about to question why to that.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

That is evident by the growing class of poor, and lessening of the middle class, the growing level of homelessness, and the disabled and retired being forced to barely survive, let alone live.

Economics doesn't look at quality of life, it only looks at profit.

The models we use to govern our current world are horribly flawed, and only profit driven.

Greed being the underlying evil.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

a reply to: JD163

One word... adoption.

It is a satisfactory answer for all but en utero medical conditions (for both mother or baby), and rapes (and only in cases of rape where it is asked for, not all would abort in this case either).

What of all those unadopted children currently in the system? Who is going to adopt them, as well as the unborn?

I should add that the chances of being adopted drop dramatically every year after age 1.

Will you be signing up?
edit on 2/6/2017 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I have made a lot of threads in the past that are more or less anti-corporatism and I get a whole lot of flack for it.

Profits, money, materialism are all that matter - No one dare touch my money, my third truck and second boat are more important than a kids need to eat - Is the mentality that I often run into.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JD163

funny thing about biology, it seems to be a driving force all on its own...

It sure is

But we are an intelligent species, we know what causes it,and we have the means .....

So like every good scout we should be prepared and use a barrier

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

So orphanages don't exist, eh?

No homeless kids, ever?

No kid slipped through the cracks, starving kids who struggle to find....

Sorry, that's unfortunately not a reality. Those terrible things do happen.

I'm sure they do exist, having been a product and survivor of such, I know they do.

I still would rather scrape it out, as I did, then not to have existed at all.

Foster care is also far from perfect, and I still suffer side effects of that too, due to a medical condition.

I still value my life, and my existence enough that I wouldn't trade it.

Why is adoption not a reality? Explain this? Or are you just simply trying to validate your poorly thought out stance to fall in line with the selfish countless others who think abortion is just the convent get out of jail free card for accidents to save yourself from having to deal with real realities?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

Sadly, I don't meet the qualifications to adopt, not financially stable enough to do so.

I was adopted tho.. My biological mom was 13, and yes, I'm still looking for her.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: JD163

funny thing about biology, it seems to be a driving force all on its own...

It sure is

But we are an intelligent species, we know what causes it,and we have the means .....

So like every good scout we should be prepared and use a barrier

Yup, but you know how it is,....you can tell a kid a million times,....all it takes is that one time when I 'forget' ...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Adoption is an option for sure!

Plenty of situations where girls do not believe they can support a child, but want to go through with their pregnancy and someone else gets the baby as soon as they are born - My Uncle actually did this with 3 babies from the same lady ( She finally had the surgery to not be able to have kids anymore ) and I think it's great that those kids came into a loving home.

It would not be the reality, though, if millions of kids were all of a sudden around. It's getting closer to a million abortions a year, and while homelessness, starving children, etc exist even without these added children, millions more would make everything even worse - FOR THE KIDS.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Sadly, I don't meet the qualifications to adopt, not financially stable enough to do so.

I was adopted tho.. My biological mom was 13, and yes, I'm still looking for her.

Oh. Well. This is awkward.

I'm glad you were adopted, and I hope you find her.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Adoption is an option for sure!

Plenty of situations where girls do not believe they can support a child, but want to go through with their pregnancy and someone else gets the baby as soon as they are born - My Uncle actually did this with 3 babies from the same lady ( She finally had the surgery to not be able to have kids anymore ) and I think it's great that those kids came into a loving home.

It would not be the reality, though, if millions of kids were all of a sudden around. It's getting closer to a million abortions a year, and while homelessness, starving children, etc exist even without these added children, millions more would make everything even worse - FOR THE KIDS.

Population growth is less then 1.5% now.

It will never be about the quantity of people on the planet. It is forever more about the quality of the people who inhabit this rock that will make all the difference in the world.

The majority are taught to consume all they can, and hoard more then they need, and to climb over top of others to get it.

We work hard to make sure people don't leave the scheme before they put out loads of money in to end of life medical care, but don't give a damn about them the rest of the time.

The social, economic, and various other models must change, or we are doomed to more death and carnage and continued disparity.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There is so much ignorance in this thread I'm going to leave my reply as this and close this tab.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
There is so much ignorance in this thread I'm going to leave my reply as this and close this tab.

Why not contribute? Bestow all of that wisdom you are hoarding upon the group.

You never know. You may say something that makes someone think about something from a different perspective, and if they do, even for a second, your contribution was worth the trouble.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AMPTAH

Wow, this really isn't all that complicated.

Sperm meets egg. Baby is developing.

How could two "dead" things, come together and create a living thing?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Why is it awkward?

Your entitled to your feelings and thoughts, It is just what it is, my perspective is just different from yours, is all.

It is the human condition to have opinions and feelings on things, yet no experience with them. Only by interacting and listening to others can we truly get an understanding, even if it is only their understanding.

Again tho, everyone's experiences will vary, and mileage may differ, due to perception.

I've known a few adoptees who are bitter, and angry. I am not one of those.

I would wager many would rather have their chance, then to just be done away with.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think people tend to have the wrong idea about the types of people that have abortions. They instantly think it's some girl-from-the-ghetto that just wanted to do the dirty dance without any protection because she's too dumb and irresponsible, when actually it's a huge variety of people - From loving christian mothers with stable jobs and lives, to teenagers that aren't ready/don't have a supporting man in their life, to females with medical conditions/pregnancy conditions. That is why I cannot ever think legislation should reflect the "pro-life" stance - It's too far, we have a right to seek medical help, we have a right to privacy - And those are the two most important things to me.

Now, I do think that when someone can abort is up for debate, but I don't have an exact answer.

So much this. People tend to assume their assumptions are the end all, be all, objective truth, when that truth is actually subjective.

You cannot impose your will on others, based on subjective truths.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I do believe in reducing abortions drastically, at a reasonable cost, though.

Taxes going towards vasectomies, hysterectomies, condoms, birth control, IUD's, in my opinion, would be worth it.

Morally speaking, for those that insist on imposing their morality on us, less fetal deaths are occurring.

Fiscally speaking, after a large start-up cost, this would be a fairly good way to help those that don't want kids, to not have kids. Abortion is not exactly a picnic and a vacation, it's actually not preferable to a lot of people, so I think these other ways to prevent needing one in the first place might leave more people content with the situation.

As for christians that believe birth control and condoms are sins and should be banned as well... They can cram it until there's a valid, science/statistic based reason to do so.

Just my two cents. Up for debate on the matter, though. Not pretending to hold the only answer.
edit on 6-2-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Every cell is alive.

edit on 6-2-2017 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join