It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Person Killed At Walmart By Trigger Happy Individual For Stealing Diapers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

I've taken plenty of stuff back to WalMart without a receipt, although I don't ask for cash or store credit, I just ask for a replacement.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard
Good another criminal off the street,no matter how some libtard trys to spin it,justice was served

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So you cherry pick a story concerning a lousy CCW person... who is probably going to jail.

But miss the Ex con that got his right to carry back, and then used said right to save the life of a police officer under attack...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Young graves get the bouquets.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

For the record i would like to correct my post on the first page as at that time i did not fully understand the story.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Criminals should freeze when confronted by law abiding citizens with guns.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
There should be laws against people pretending to be police. Only when someone is directly in harms way should a civilian pull a gun.
Exactly. John Wayne there should NEVER have involved himself in the situation. He killed someone who would have posed no threat to him had he let security handle their business. I hope they throw the book at him to discourage these idiots in the future.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Granted since this guy had three accomplices and a stolen car the diapers were probably not for a baby. But wtf? Diapers for resale?

Who wouldn't just buy those normal house hold items at the store?

Im a former drug addict (clean 6 years) and i can speak from the perspective of someone whos done these types of crimes.
The market for diapers, formula, razors, and all hygiene products is the best wide open market for thieves and fences. The reason being hygiene products are required by nearly everyone, they are costly, and they are not covered (in Wisconsin at least) by any type of public assistance. Meaning you cant purchase them with a food stamp card, snap benefits, or WIC. Leaving consumers who live below the poverty line to fend for themselves.
The #1 purchasers of these stolen items, believe it or not, is other retailers. Mainly the small 'Mom & Pop' corner stores (some call them Bodegas) that litter heavily populated urban areas. The smaller items are very easy to steal and sell fast. Stealing diapers is more of a 'smash and grab' type of theft.
As an example (these are 2010 prices) ill list some of the prices i was paid (as best as I remember) from owners of these corner stores.

8 pack of Gillette Fusion razors:
Retail- $21.00 Me-$5.00 Corner Store-$25.00

Similac infant formula:
Retail-$13.00 Me- $5.00 Corner Store- $18.00
(Formula is covered under state assistance, but usually not enough for a month)

Skyy Vodka:
Retail- $25.00 Me- $10.00 Corner Store- $30.00

Name brand underarm deodorants:
Retail- $4 - $5.00 Me- 2 for $3.00 Corner Store- 6-$7.00

Huggies 104 pack infant diapers:
Retail- $20.00 Me- $7.00 Corner Store- $25.00

I could go on and on.....
Pawn shops ask for I.D. and record serial numbers etc. The guy who owns the corner store doesnt. These corner store owners know exactly what theyre doing, and what they are purchasing. Anyone whos lived in poverty knows where to get diapers if they REALLY need diapers. You can go to ANY church, or ANY hospital and they will give you 10. (I don't have kids, but had 'friends' who did). So as far as the OP mentioning this man was shot for trying to "care for a child", dont believe it for one second.

Everyone reading this please understand, IN NO WAY DO I CONDONE THEFT, OR SALE OF STOLEN ITEMS. Also I AM NOT PROUD OF MY PAST. Ive made many mistakes, which i paid for, with several years in prison, not to mention the years of pain and suffering I BROUGHT UPON MYSELF, and my family and friends as a result of drug addiction. Ive been clean for 6 years, and continue to remain clean by helping others who are addicted, and informing those who are unaware of how the 'seedy' underbelly of society works.
Believe me, it is absolutely WONDERFUL that you are unaware of that side of society. I dont wish it upon anyone! It is not glamorous. It is not cool. It is NOT A LIFE AT ALL.
But it is, and will always be there, and this is just another tragic story resulting from it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

For the record, not that it matters....

The shooter was only identified as a 50-year-old black male, and deputies said it will be up to the state attorney’s officer as to whether he will face charges.Reward offered for tips on 3rd person in deadly Walmart shootout

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join